TI OMAP overclocker released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Don’t know if this happens to anyone else but when the screen goes off (power saving) if I wait a few seconds and run it again it reverts back to normal speed.

If I set my power management so it stays on all the time then whenever I check it its always on 264Mhz.

But my phone doesn’t get hot though :??:

Cross posting on to this thread from the Hurricane specific one. Personally I prefer the idea of only overclocking for the apps I need the extra gumption for:

Just installed it on my C550 and configured it using the -Launch and -Restore (via the Music Player.lnk file) options to only work with TCPMP when the Play/Pause button is pressed.

Running at 240MHz it makes a noticeable difference with less dropped frames / jerkyness on some of the higher quality Divxs.

Using a Divx I created the other night without it I get Benchmarks of an Average speed of 97.02% (24.26 frames/s 402 kbit/s) in default behaviour.

Running TCPMP with the OverClock at 240Mhz I get:

Average speed 135.69%, 33.92 F/s and 605 kbits/s

A respectable 40% increase in speed and noticeable when playing.

As it's only being overclocked when I'm actually playing Divx (which is the only processor hungry app I've got at the moment), I think the risks aren't too high. It's also still under warranty so c'est la vie!

Will monitor temperature subjectively on the journey home.

FWIW my Music Player.lnk in Mossywell Copy Files sub-dir now reads:

39#"\Storage Card\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240 -launch "\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe" -restore

HTH - YMMV etc. - Rufus.

Guest radiator

Hey RufusA, that's a damn good idea...I now have mine setup to only overclock when I run certain apps.

The only niggle is that it changes the program icon to that of the 'omapclock' app. Is there any way to change it back?

Hi guyz,

I installed OmapClock on m storage card. When I run the app it says that it can't find "Omapclock" and its components, check the availibility of libraries...

By the way, I had the same issue with pocketsnes.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this?

I own an MPX200.

Hope you'll be able to give me an advice.

Works OK on my Qtek 8310. Great app.

An ideal thing would be if it could revert back to overclocked speed after waking the phone up from "sleep". This way the phone will be "normal clocked" when sleeping (means good power consumtion), and over clocked as soon as you're doing something with the phone.

It would be even better if one could pre-set clockspeed for booth "sleep" and "wake" state. So one could UNDER clock it when sleeping, for minimum power consumtion, and overclock when awake, for maximum performance :)

/Eminos

The only niggle is that it changes the program icon to that of the 'omapclock' app.  Is there any way to change it back?

AFAIk there is no way of changing the icon for a lnk (it's always the linked to program)!

Rufus.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You can change the icon and still launch the target EXE. Sort of an 'icon linking' technique. Try this LNK code:

43#"\Storage\OmapClock.exe"?\Storage\OI.exe,-1

Where:

43# = the number of strings (characters) in the LNK code from the left-most (") to (1)

"\Storage\OmapClock.exe" = the main OmapClock executable file (with the black icon)

? = a question mark. Its a part of the code :)

\Storage\OI.exe = the icon resource file

-1 = the icon ID you wish to use

Screenshots:

1. Location of the icon resource file and main EXE based on the sample code

post-12251-1139616915_thumb.jpg

2. Contents of the icon resource file (OI.exe). The number after the comma (,) is the icon ID. Icon 0 is 16x16, while 1 is a 32x32 icon.

post-12251-1139616974_thumb.jpg

3. This is how the new icon appears on the MRU list.

post-12251-1139617439_thumb.jpg

More icon-related customizations here.

Hi guyz,

I installed OmapClock on m storage card. When I run the app it says that it can't find "Omapclock" and its components, check the availibility of libraries...

By the way, I had the same issue with pocketsnes.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this?

I own an MPX200.

Hope you'll be able to give me an advice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same thing with my MPX200! HELP! help! HELP!

Guest rperalta

I'm about to try OmapClock v2 but I noticed something that the speed on my phone and OmapClock does not match. Please see attached.

1. Does anybody know why phone says 195 MHz and OmapClock says 180 MHz.

2. What is the recommended speed to set it.

phoneinfo.bmp

omapclock.bmp

Thanks,

rperalta

Edited by rperalta

the SDA unlocking is done, and the max I can set is only 264Mhz before the phone will hang and give distorted sounds.

The minimum 60Mhz can caused strange screen whiteout and the screen becomes blank, any one tried it?

Guest robobeau

I have tried everything, but cannot get the damn LNK ro work when it starts up the phone... :D

I got OMAPClock to run on my SMT5600 just fine, except for a minor discoloration issue when I first tried it out, but that went away on a restart. :)

I've tried setting the shortcut with different parameters, all of them to no avail.

Right now, it's set up like this:

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OMAPClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240 -confirm

Any ideas on why it's not working properly...? :shock:

Edit: When I run the LNK from the File Explorer it works just fine. It simply does NOT work on Startup... :)

Edited by robobeau

Guest radiator
43#"\Storage\OmapClock.exe"?\Storage\OI.exe,-1

Perfect!

Just needed to put the ?\Storage\OI.exe,-1 at the end of the text...

Edited by radiator

Guest Cybertronic
I have tried everything, but cannot get the damn LNK ro work when it starts up the phone... :)

I got OMAPClock to run on my SMT5600 just fine, except for a minor discoloration issue when I first tried it out, but that went away on a restart. :)

I've tried setting the shortcut with different parameters, all of them to no avail.

Right now, it's set up like this:

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OMAPClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240 -confirm

Any ideas on why it's not working properly...? :shock:

Edit: When I run the LNK from the File Explorer it works just fine. It simply does NOT work on Startup... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't need the -confirm, my works like yours but without the -confirm line :D

Guest robobeau

I have tried it without the -confirm as well, to no avail.

Another strange thing... When I use OMAPClock, sometimes my screen will change colors after 2 seconds, but revert whenever I use the keypad. The effect will not undo itself if I end the program or reset the Clock value... Only resetting the phone will do the trick. :|

It looks pretty trippy, but I fear it might be damaging my screen somehow.

And the LNK still fails to work... >_:)

Check it out. Before and after pics, and just to clarify, these are NOT Photoshopped:

post-162621-1139961268_thumb.jpg

post-162621-1139961306_thumb.jpg

Edited by robobeau

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

Robobeau, are you saying that after using the OMAP overclocker program the colour display of your device went strange and has never returned to normal? If so it's possible underclocking (or overclocking?) damaged the device. I hope this isn't the case for you but given there's a disclaimer on the program and it does change the clockspeed of the device (something not intended to be changed by the user) it wouldn't surprise me.

Guest robobeau

It has not permanently damaged the phone, thankfully. Everytime I use the program the screen changes colors after 3 seconds, and reverts back to normal after pressing any button. Restarting the phone stops it from changing color.

This happens after overcloking it. I have not gone farther than 240Mhz, since that seems to be the most popular high setting.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Guest Bill Harrison

Same discoloration issue here, same behavoir, except mine stops discoloration after the phone reverts back to normal speed, ie after entering "sleep" mode. Works fine if you actually USE the phone, just when its sitting the colors flip, then flip back.

SMT5600 here as well.

It works nice to bump up nes emulator to good speed with sound though, thats about all I have used it for so far, the phone is plenty speedy for normal tasks as it is, and plays movies just fine without the extra boost.

Guest lemmon

Der all:

I have a HTC C500 and I already installed OMAP overclocker both in SD card and telphone memory.

Fist time I used, it workerd perfectly except the common problem of screen color changes.

However, after the first use, it is very diificult for me to make it work again. When I launch the program, I select the 240mhz speed and I confirm my selection, but nothing happened. Program said Im running at 240 but its is not true. Im still at 180mhz. If I run the program again, the speed is again 180....

In other words, I launch the program and nothing happens...... still at 180 instead of 240.... I get 240mhz only 2 or 3 times of more than 200 trials

Any ideas??

REGARDS

Lemmon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.