TI OMAP overclocker released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gnuig

Confirmation: OMAPclock.exe works well on the qtek 8310 as well.

You guys are amazing! Don't know what we would do without you.

Nice ;)

Edited by Gnuig

Guest PPCPassion
Confirmation: OMAPclock.exe works well on the qtek 8310 as well.

You guys are amazing! Don't know what we would do without you.

NiceĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gnuig,

I also have QTEK 8310 and this program works great. Have you been able to figure out how to keep this program running when you "awake" the phone?Mine defaults to 180 which is expected. I am unable to use Macro command for XBar for looping the overclocker as mentioned somewhere in this thread. So Iw as wondering if you came up with a better solution?

Thanks

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

I was wondering, as this was originally written for the MPx200 which runs Windows Mobile 2002 and has no 'wake' events. Have the original Russian programmers made an enhancement or fix for this problem :??:

Guest Pondrew
I was wondering, as this was originally written for the MPx200 which runs Windows Mobile 2002 and has no 'wake' events. Have the original Russian programmers made an enhancement or fix for this problem :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understood this was developed for the MPX Pocket PC Phone?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Correct me if I'm wrong but on Paul's opening post it says "Russian site with the aim of speeding up the Motorola MPx range" and on the web site (seems to be down now) it had pictures of the MPx200 plastered all over it :??:

As far as I know the MPx PocketPC never hit the shops did it :??: I remember seeing some adds on EBay but they all looked very dubious.

• 3 months later...
Guest sporkguy

Any way to get the shortcut I've created to run every time I bring the device out of standby?

I heard mention of notification queue, but got no idea how to work it out lol.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Sporkguy if you have a Tornado or similar device then you need Tornado Power Control (somewhere on MoDaCo) which can run specific programs when the device wakes up.

Guest sporkguy
Hi Sporkguy if you have a Tornado or similar device then you need Tornado Power Control (somewhere on MoDaCo) which can run specific programs when the device wakes up.

Anything for the Vario??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest harrysaab

send me software link please i can't seem to find it anywhere.?

i-mate SP5 @ 174MHz (according to TCPMP)

TCPMP Version 0.70 Benchmark Results

Average Speed

• 3 weeks later...

Guys..

when my phone reboots, the clock speed goes back to what it was.

Is there anyway to make the change permenant? The Phone is an Orange SPV C600 running the Imate SP5 rom.

Cheers

Amit

• 2 months later...
Guest jcostantino
The MPX was released in Asia BUT you could be right. I'll do some digging and let you know what I find...

A friend of mine has (had? he's using his treo again so it's probably sitting in a drawer) and it was a nice pda phone except that it had 32megs of RAM and thus was pretty much incapable of running WM5. Some folks are working on shoehorning a stripped down copy onto it but I doubt they'll be successful.

The clamshell portrait/landscape design is VERY cool and the device is way smaller than my Wizard - about half the thickness and narrower/shorter by about half an inch if I recall.

There is a reworked ROM that has some bugfixes and of course English language packs which make it very usable BUT since the phone is still around $400 and it's WAY outdated by newer equipment it's more a novelty than anything else.

He was a real selfish prick about it and never let me even hold it so I can't vouch for how well it worked with WM2003.

• 2 months later...
Guest mamabile
I'm about to try OmapClock v2 but I noticed something that the speed on my phone and OmapClock does not match. Please see attached.

1. Does anybody know why phone says 195 MHz and OmapClock says 180 MHz.

2. What is the recommended speed to set it.

phoneinfo.bmp

omapclock.bmp

Thanks,

rperalta

omapclock reports the wrong speed for WM5 PDAs. It assumes a multiplier of 12 when it's actually 13.

All is explained in the (very) long BatteryStatus thread in the Prophet Forum.

see this forum site for the BatteryStatus thread... i highly recommend the BatteryStatus program!!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=270751

java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_4')

:)

Regards,

Mark

• 9 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.