GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

• 1 month later...
Guest medizichen

Hi all. i just got my dream gadget, the O2 graphite. i've been searching around for gba emulators. i guess it can emulate gba quite well with all its specs but so far the stuff i've tried doesnt work. i was just wondering if the method mentioned in the first post works for the graphite.

thanks in advance. i'll be trying it out in awhile.

Guest medizichen

sorry for the double post. i just tried out the whole thing. everything went well until the last part when i start morphgear itself on my phone. i get the exact same error message which is shown in the earlier post 111. help please? i'm kinda desperate abt this. thanks alot.

Guest mikeeey
sorry for the double post. i just tried out the whole thing. everything went well until the last part when i start morphgear itself on my phone. i get the exact same error message which is shown in the earlier post 111. help please? i'm kinda desperate abt this. thanks alot.

just wait till masterall realeases his next version. he has a newer one than this out by the name PocketGBAdvanceDemo. wich is much much much better than this. it runs 50/60fps. but theres many errors. when he makes another updated version of that one itl be great. so, soon, there'l be a version out thatl work on yours

Guest medizichen

oh cool. so the problem is that the emulator doesnt work on my phone? cant wait. is the PocketGBAdvanceDemo available? maybe i'll give it a go. thanks for the info.

Cool, i better wait for the new version.

I gonna try various versions of MorphGear for PPC on WM2003SE with SPHelper 1.1.

Can someone post the link of the gbaadvancedemo?

I gonna try various versions of MorphGear for PPC on WM2003SE with SPHelper 1.1.

Guest mikeeey

only masterall is allowed to do that. if one of us did it would be violating rules, since it wasnt us that made the program. maybe u could nicely message him and ask him to upload his version so far, or ask when his next realease will be done and ready.

Guest pedroms1

Hi, I'm sorry I dont have the time to update this guide. I will do it soon. But Hugo, if you are gonna try it. I will help you. Now you can play it with the update with the latest versions. To make it just do as in the tutorial, but with these links updated:

The emulator: http://www.spicypixel.com/download/release...etupPPC2003.exe

The Module: http://www.spicypixel.com/download/release...etupPPC2003.exe

To make it better, you can, with SPHelper, configure the frameskip and the keys. If you need some help, tell me.

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest medizichen

hey pedro, will that work for my phone? those are the newer versions right of the same emulator? i used the old links in the tutorial. so i guess i'll give it one more shot. i dont get the thing about the SPHelper. whats that about?

thanks.

Guest medizichen

cool. it worked. but my emulator is unregistered and so i can use it for only 5mins. anyone can tell me how to register for morphgear or direct me to any other usable emulators?

Guest RealUnrealwolf

mikeeey, Masterall has released new version of PocketGBAdvanced, now it`s name is VBAdvancePPC and version 0213. It`s probably based on PPC PocketGBA (sunbug.net project. it`s real to run it on smartphones, but not actually now), but speed is greater, and you don`t need to use sphelper. I tried 5 roms: NFS Most Wanted, NFS Underground, Harry Potter and a prisioner of Azkaban (great RPG!), R-type 3 and GTA Advanced. NFS are both unplayable because of low speed, harry potter and R-type working perfect, near full-speed, but GTA makes an error after i started a new game... Sorry4myEnglish.

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey, Masterall has released new version of PocketGBAdvanced, now it`s name is VBAdvancePPC and version 0213. It`s probably based on PPC PocketGBA (sunbug.net project. it`s real to run it on smartphones, but not actually now), but speed is greater, and you don`t need to use sphelper. I tried 5 roms: NFS Most Wanted, NFS Underground, Harry Potter and a prisioner of Azkaban (great RPG!), R-type 3 and GTA Advanced. NFS are both unplayable because of low speed, harry potter and R-type working perfect, near full-speed, but GTA makes an error after i started a new game... Sorry4myEnglish.

yes ive tried it! unless ur talking about an even newer one. the one i tried went under the name PocketGBAdvanceDemo. is that the one ur talking about? it had a lot of bugs but great speed tho. and no ur english is very good btw

Guest RealUnrealwolf

mikeeey, yes, i`m talking about a newer version. The version history from Ioicn.com.cn:

PocketGBAdvance - 2006-2-22

PocketGBAdvanceDemo - 2007-1-21

PocketGBAdvance0128 - 2007-1-28

VBAdvancePPC0213 - 2007-2-13

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey, yes, i`m talking about a newer version. The version history from Ioicn.com.cn:

PocketGBAdvance - 2006-2-22

PocketGBAdvanceDemo - 2007-1-21

PocketGBAdvance0128 - 2007-1-28

VBAdvancePPC0213 - 2007-2-13

o cool no i have not tried the newest version. and being that i dont have a PPC i cant use it, il have to try the 2nd newest. unless of corse VBAdvance is compatible with smartphone.

here il send u a PM

MorphGear for Smartphone?

What i want to try but i dont have time this days, is...

- Download the latest version of MorphGear for PPC

- Get only the cab inside the installation exe.

- Open the cab using WinCE CAB Manager.

- Copy the files inside the cab to a new folder on my 2003 smartphone.

- Now install SPHelper in my 2003 smartphone and run it.

*SPHelper is a program that allow to the user to use a cursor, this program have some other functions.

- Now after install SPHelper, i run it, now that i have the cursor enable, i open morphgear for ppc on my 2003 smartphone.

- I search my rom and open it, and....?????!!!!! i dont know.

Now, wich are the problems?

- Use all the configurations possible, because the morphgear is for ppc and not for smartphone, try the fps, sound, keys, overclocking, etc. (by the way, my smartphone i think cant be overclocked but no problem)

* Overclocking make the device more fast but have some problems, the device can die for ever. (Dont worry for now)

- Configurate too the SPHelper.

- Try all the versions of morphgear and see what is the best for use in a smartphone.

I have the complete versions of all this programs, so thats no a problem.

Sorry the bad english, if my post is wrong or have some problem, please tell me.

chao :)

Guest medizichen

ok. so i've managed to get vbadvance from that chinese website. i've put it in my smartphone so i how do i get it to load roms, i tried to but nothing happens

Guest mikeeey
ok. so i've managed to get vbadvance from that chinese website. i've put it in my smartphone so i how do i get it to load roms, i tried to but nothing happens

u need tgetfile.dll

u need tgetfile.dll

so, morphgear is working on SP? interesting, how fast it is? i mean GBA module...On ppc 400 mhz is quite slow, slower than pocketadvance and even pocketgbadvance from sunbug.net.

btw, they should ban people for lack of tgetfile.dll lol.

update: i just noticed this topic, lol:

http://www.modaco.com/Open-MorphGear-in-yo...ne-t252290.html

Edited by nothin