GBA Emulator: Playable and Doable!

Guest pedroms1

Guest pedroms1

The difference between this post and that one is the fact that this is intended to wm5, because i never tried wm2003. And, ths already explains how to use sphelper here and instead of using the cab manager to extract the files, there's made manually.

I kind of dont have tme to try these things, but maybe, if VBAdvancePPC0213 is'nt for smartphones, and you think that it should run faster, maybe you can try to extract it with wince cab manager, and try the same method.

Hope it is someday playable in our 200Mhz processor, but if it doesnt my next smartphone or ppc surelly will be more powerfull, because playing gba can be a determinant factor.

medizichen, how does the graphite manages to play this emulator? too slow?

Pedro

Guest medizichen

whats a tgetfile.dll file and what does it do? can i use the same one i found on PocketGBA when i was trying that emulator out? thanks.

hey pedro, you're talking about morphgear right? it works fine on the graphite. though it has a slightly lower framerate as compared to running on a pc but it seems insignificant. i wldnt mind registering for morphgear but its pretty expensive and i have no idea how to exit the thing without taking out the battery or smthing. lol. so i'm just trying out other emulators first.

Guest RealUnrealwolf

pedroms1, i dont know why VBAdvancePPC0213 has "PPC" in name, it fully works (without sphelper) on smartphones with great speed. Of course, it isnt 100% speed, but it is really playable (not in Need For Speed). But there are too many bugs. I`m waiting for the new versions. All i need is GTA Advanced with playable speed...

Guest medizichen

aww. i'm so close again. after having obtained a tget.dll file thingy i actually managed to load a rom. but just after i press the start button, the whole emulator just closes. any suggestions?

Guest PolloLoco

I downloaded Masterall's program last night, and the emulator sort of works for me. It's actually fast - it seems to run full speed since I'm overclocked to 624. But it won't run in landscape form, so it uses up less than half my screen. And the game I most wanted to play - Baldur's Gate - has horrible sound distortion. Now I'm hoping I can find an emulator that'll allow me to play full screen at full speed - maybe I'll check Morphgear. I think Masterall's is not compatible with a QVGA screen. That might be the problem that Medizichen is having - if his player is QVGA.

Does anyone have a GBA emulator that plays well on a landscape QVGA screen?

Guest medizichen

icic. whats a QVGA screen? you see, i can sort of start running a game. then suddenly, it just dies. well. someone did mention something about masterall developing a newer version of the emulator. so i guess i'll just have to wait.

Guest PolloLoco
icic. whats a QVGA screen? you see, i can sort of start running a game. then suddenly, it just dies. well. someone did mention something about masterall developing a newer version of the emulator. so i guess i'll just have to wait.

If you have an O2 Graphite, you have a QVGA screen (320X240). Try changing the video orientation before loading the game. Or tap the screen if the game doesn't load. Mine won't load if I try to go to landscape. But if I tap the screen, the game will suddenly run - but I'll be using less than half the screen.

However - if the game actually starts running, and THEN crashes, then I don't like your chances of being able to run this program. That most likely means you don't have enough available memory. If you can change the available ram - I had to alter my registry though it's dangerous - you may be able to. I think WM 2003 had a slider that allowed you to increase ram at the expense of storage. But I'm not sure.

For those of you with PPC's PocketGBA might be better for you. I've been running it since yesterday - and while it's not as fast as Masterall's program, I can play fullscreen. Also - some games work better in Masteralls, while others work better in PocketGBA.

Guest mikeeey
If you have an O2 Graphite, you have a QVGA screen (320X240). Try changing the video orientation before loading the game. Or tap the screen if the game doesn't load. Mine won't load if I try to go to landscape. But if I tap the screen, the game will suddenly run - but I'll be using less than half the screen.

However - if the game actually starts running, and THEN crashes, then I don't like your chances of being able to run this program. That most likely means you don't have enough available memory. If you can change the available ram - I had to alter my registry though it's dangerous - you may be able to. I think WM 2003 had a slider that allowed you to increase ram at the expense of storage. But I'm not sure.

For those of you with PPC's PocketGBA might be better for you. I've been running it since yesterday - and while it's not as fast as Masterall's program, I can play fullscreen. Also - some games work better in Masteralls, while others work better in PocketGBA.

PocketGBA is made by masterall....lol.

the only GBA emulator that isnt made by masterall is morphgear, the rest are all made by him.

Guest PolloLoco
PocketGBA is made by masterall....lol.

the only GBA emulator that isnt made by masterall is morphgear, the rest are all made by him.

Mikey, I'm willing to bet you're mistaken. PocketGBA has been around for a very long time - almost 2 years? It's on sunbug.net - which is an English website. Masterall's and this one run completely different - though I'd assume Masterall used it as a basis. I believe PocketGBA would probably be a better option for those who have a PPC and not a smartphone.

Guest mikeeey
Mikey, I'm willing to bet you're mistaken. PocketGBA has been around for a very long time - almost 2 years? It's on sunbug.net - which is an English website. Masterall's and this one run completely different - though I'd assume Masterall used it as a basis. I believe PocketGBA would probably be a better option for those who have a PPC and not a smartphone.

yea the one from 2 years ago was also made by him. then for a long time he abonded that one and then started back up on it again. if u search modaco ul find the really old one from him here somewhere. i remember it never working tho lol

Guest PolloLoco
yea the one from 2 years ago was also made by him. then for a long time he abonded that one and then started back up on it again. if u search modaco ul find the really old one from him here somewhere. i remember it never working tho lol

With all due respect, I'm sure you're wrong. The emulator on that site was made 2 years ago - but has been constantly updated. It's been done on a completely different schedule than Masterall's. Please download it and you'll see that the setup is completely different than what Masterall's ever done, from the individual settings down to the screenpad. To convince me, you'd need an e-mail from Masterall saying he's been working on both programs at the same time. Even then I'd doubt it. ;) Download it and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, I've been able to confirm that PocketGBA from sunbug.net works generally better than both masterall's and morphgear's emulators. There was just one game that PocketGBA wouldn't play - that ran (poorly and slow) on Morphgear - Robotech. On Morphgear - Baldur's Gate missed a lot of the in-game sound effects. On Altered Beast - Morphgear missed A LOT of the screen background so it was impossible to tell what was going on. Robotech did seem to play fine, but slow. so in general, I'll only use Morphgear if there's a game that PocketGBA won't run. The only thing that Morphgear did well, was screen smoothing when running a game on full screen. There was a lot less jagged pixellation on my QVGA screen. I'm still hopefull that Masterall will come up with a program better than both.

Morphgear Speeds:

Baldur's Gate - Full Screen, no frame skip - a poor 20 frames per second min.

Baldur's Gate - 100% Size, 3 frame skip - a great 56 frames per second min.

Baldur's Gate - Full Screen, 3 frame skip - a decent 46 frames per second min.

Robotech - 100% Size, 3 frame skip - a poor 36 frames per second min, really bad audio distortion.

The morphgear speed isn't bad, I'd agree with the 5% dropoff I'd read in the reviews. But the different bugs mean that I'll use PocketGBA until Masterall improves his program.

Guest mikeeey
With all due respect, I'm sure you're wrong. The emulator on that site was made 2 years ago - but has been constantly updated. It's been done on a completely different schedule than Masterall's. Please download it and you'll see that the setup is completely different than what Masterall's ever done, from the individual settings down to the screenpad. To convince me, you'd need an e-mail from Masterall saying he's been working on both programs at the same time. Even then I'd doubt it. ;) Download it and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, I've been able to confirm that PocketGBA from sunbug.net works generally better than both masterall's and morphgear's emulators. There was just one game that PocketGBA wouldn't play - that ran (poorly and slow) on Morphgear - Robotech. On Morphgear - Baldur's Gate missed a lot of the in-game sound effects. On Altered Beast - Morphgear missed A LOT of the screen background so it was impossible to tell what was going on. Robotech did seem to play fine, but slow. so in general, I'll only use Morphgear if there's a game that PocketGBA won't run. The only thing that Morphgear did well, was screen smoothing when running a game on full screen. There was a lot less jagged pixellation on my QVGA screen. I'm still hopefull that Masterall will come up with a program better than both.

Morphgear Speeds:

Baldur's Gate - Full Screen, no frame skip - a poor 20 frames per second min.

Baldur's Gate - 100% Size, 3 frame skip - a great 56 frames per second min.

Baldur's Gate - Full Screen, 3 frame skip - a decent 46 frames per second min.

Robotech - 100% Size, 3 frame skip - a poor 36 frames per second min, really bad audio distortion.

The morphgear speed isn't bad, I'd agree with the 5% dropoff I'd read in the reviews. But the different bugs mean that I'll use PocketGBA until Masterall improves his program.

well im glad to know PocketGBA works the best. would u give some speed reviews like u did with morphgear? tell what speed ur processor was at and the difference when overclocked and when normal.

when i get my 8525 this will be the first emulator il put on it. to bad i cant even run it on my smartphone using SPhelper

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
How do you use PocketGBA? i'm assuming its not the same thing that i tried earlier.

if your talking about the PocketGBA from sunbug.net, its only for ppc. u cant even run it on smartphone using SPhelper =/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest maddawg08

is there a specific way I can download the file from my phone cause whenever I click the link it tries to download the actual page and it saves as a php file, also I have an 8525 so when I actuall go to play the game it will switch to landscape but the last emulator I got for my phone stayed portrait and when I changed the orientation to be landscape it only used the bottom left fifth of the screen where as I want it to use as much of the screen as possible without distorting the size. thanks for any advice you can give.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RealUnrealwolf

Mikeeey, if you patch PocketGba.exe with xg.dll, then it would work with sphelper. The speed is same with Masterall's emulator, but no so much bugs.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
is there a specific way I can download the file from my phone cause whenever I click the link it tries to download the actual page and it saves as a php file, also I have an 8525 so when I actuall go to play the game it will switch to landscape but the last emulator I got for my phone stayed portrait and when I changed the orientation to be landscape it only used the bottom left fifth of the screen where as I want it to use as much of the screen as possible without distorting the size. thanks for any advice you can give.

hows it working on your 8525? full speed i assume?

Guest mikeeey
Mikeeey, if you patch PocketGba.exe with xg.dll, then it would work with sphelper. The speed is same with Masterall's emulator, but no so much bugs.

sry for the late reply i didnt know u had replyed. ok il try that and tell u how it works out for me

Guest mikeeey
sry for the late reply i didnt know u had replyed. ok il try that and tell u how it works out for me

well ive tried it and i can say it successfully patched with the qvga XG.dll file! but sphelper didnt show up for some reason when i tried using it, so i had no way of using the program..

Guest RealUnrealwolf

mikeeey, you need to minimize pocketgba (with internet explorer, media player, camera or file manager hard buttons) then go to task manager (i am using CeleTask), summon cursor with long "0", move it to pocketgba process and tap two times. Pocketgba will maximize with working cursor. Its little difficult to assign ingame controls, so i can upload my config.

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey, you need to minimize pocketgba (with internet explorer, media player, camera or file manager hard buttons) then go to task manager (i am using CeleTask), summon cursor with long "0", move it to pocketgba process and tap two times. Pocketgba will maximize with working cursor. Its little difficult to assign ingame controls, so i can upload my config.

well ive just always had my T-tones button as the task manager wich makes things extremely easy. ok il try that..

EDIT: ok i got the hang of this and got it working, even changing the configuration. but i had onlny 1 button left to change and i was interupted by a phone call and now my phone froze and im restarting it.....

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
well ive just always had my T-tones button as the task manager wich makes things extremely easy. ok il try that..

EDIT: ok i got the hang of this and got it working, even changing the configuration. but i had onlny 1 button left to change and i was interupted by a phone call and now my phone froze and im restarting it.....

wow this really works! its pretty fast too, compared too all other emulators. like u said its the same speed as VBAdvance. and so far i havnt seen any bugs. i tried playing Sonic Advance and it was great!

Guest leomac

Hello :rolleyes:

Yeaah thanks for the instructions :P Morphgear works on my smartphone i600 :D But i have a problem, when i click on the icon "folder" to choose the rom, i can't view rom files...I put th rom on "my documents", in the storage card and in the folder "gba", but i can't find no roms :D

Someone can help me plz ?

Thanks