Tornado Low Light

Guest Ingvarr

Guest dwostmann

Has anyone had luck installing this on a 2125?? Mine is totally unlocked but I'm having an issue with the install. I have no issue installing the cab file but when I select it in the start menu I get this error:

"system access denied. This application must run in trusted mode to work properly. Maybe you need to fully application-unlock your device."

I've done the complete unlock procedure and have updated the rom to the SP5. Is this the issue? anyone have input on this? TIA

Guest Ingvarr
Yes, I would want that pressing home button becomes automatic.

With autoflight I run everyday the TornadoLowLight, I'd appreciate that it minimizes itself automatically :rolleyes:

Finally had time to do it :(

In version 1.01 just specify "-m" command line switch, and it will minimize itself after launch.

Guest Spiderman1975
Finally had time to do it :(

In version 1.01 just specify "-m" command line switch, and it will minimize itself after launch.

Thank you! :) But how can I start it minimized with Autoflight? I'm not able to do it..... :rolleyes:

Guest Ingvarr

I dont know about this Autoflight program.

Obviosly you must specify the needed command line switch. If Autoflight does not allow to specify command line switches, you may need to make a shortcut with one and point Autoflight with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwostmann
Has anyone had luck installing this on a 2125?? Mine is totally unlocked but I'm having an issue with the install. I have no issue installing the cab file but when I select it in the start menu I get this error:

"system access denied. This application must run in trusted mode to work properly. Maybe you need to fully application-unlock your device."

I've done the complete unlock procedure and have updated the rom to the SP5. Is this the issue? anyone have input on this? TIA

TTT, has anyone seen this issue before?

Guest Ingvarr

You must've not fully unlocked the phone. If some program or somebody tells you that "your phone now is fully unlocked", this often only the half-truth.

Please follow instructions in the first post to the letter. Also you may read WM5torage thread about unlocking problems people had - it pretty much the same.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest dwostmann
You must've not fully unlocked the phone. If some program or somebody tells you that "your phone now is fully unlockes" this often only the half-truth.

Please follow instructions in the first post to the letter. Also you may read WM5torage thread about unlocking problems people had - it pretty much the same.

Ingvarr, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure my phone is 100% unlocked. I actually did it again when I had issues the first time just to make sure. Everything is set according to the post and I've not had issues installing any of the other unsigned programs into it. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the Imate rom on a Cingular 2125? any thoughts on this?

Guest Ingvarr

Have you added add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies ?

If you did, try to fully switch the phone off and then on.

If it still will not help, then Cingular somehow have the different ROM that prevents backlight to be controlled by LowLight...

Guest dwostmann
Have you added add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies ?

If you did, try to fully switch the phone off and then on.

If it still will not help, then Cingular somehow have the different ROM that prevents backlight to be controlled by LowLight...

Yes, I did add that and it still doesn't work. I just deleted it and reinstalled the new value and the software, rebooted the phone and I still end up with the same error. I'm not running the Cingular rom but the Imate rom. Could this be the issue???

Don

• 3 weeks later...
Guest duke_stix

Hello

Have found a bug with the software. its a minor bug that i dont think anyone would really mind.

If you have lowlight running and you remove the battery because the phone hangs or something, then, when you turn the phone back on, you completely lose the backlight.

so what you tend to have to do is stand by a lamp and navigate to the tornado lowlight icon in the MRU bar and load and quit it then the backlight comes on again.

this may be a problem only with my phone, but im not sure.

just thought id post!

otherwise, bloody great program! no more blinding you when you wana check the time at night!

Guest jasnewt
If you have lowlight running and you remove the battery because the phone hangs or something, then, when you turn the phone back on, you completely lose the backlight.

I had that issue as well. Even went through a hard reset before figuring out what was causing it! Best thing to do is to set a quickdial to it. On my phone pressing and holding the '9' key starts Tornado Low Light. just starting the program seems to bring back the backlight. It's rare for it to happen but if the bug does catch you out, having it on quickdial saves having to try and start it via the MRU or Start Menu.

Jason.

Guest Ingvarr

You should not remove a battery when LowLight is running. If LowLight will not shut down correctly, it will not be able to restore proper backlight settings.

If you absolutely have to remove a battery (if system hangs for example), make sure you wont let backlight to time out when you switch the phone on (ie by clicking a joystick), then immediately after phone boots launch LowLight so it will restore the proper settings.

Guest jasnewt
You should not remove a battery when LowLight is running. If LowLight will not shut down correctly, it will not be able to restore proper backlight settings.

Wish I'd known this before doing a hard reset. I blamed some other software for causing the problem! :rolleyes:

The only time it catches me out is when my phone reboots (I use John Cody's alerts to schedule a reboot a couple of times a week to keep the phone running smoothly). Obviously if Low Light is running at the time it reboots I get the no backlight issue. Once I'd worked out what was causing the lack of backlight it was no problem. As I said above it's easy to have a quickdial set to start Low Light so you don't need a backlight to try and find the menu option.

Thanks for making the prgramme. It's very useful when you are using the phone in the dark, as the standard level of backlight tends to blind you! :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ArtDen2

Will future versions of this program work at HTC MTeoR properly? Backlight is decreased after I run this program, but it is restored again to maximum after I press any key.

• 1 month later...
Guest conan_troutman

could you not make it so that you click the icon the light dims click it again it goes bright no need for a splash screen with the quit option it would make autostarting much simpler espicially as you say it reverts to full light mode when you reboot the device or switch it off

currently what i have done is copy the .lnk file to my desktop then I draged and dropped it into my notepad i added the "-m" to the end of the script then transfrered back to my phone now it atuohides when I run it so can be set up to run woth autoflight or at start up once the program is running the auto hide feature does not work on a second press allowing you to quit the application, that why I feel It should be a toggle option with out the splash screen a bit like the Bluetooth Toggle application flating around here.

other than these small gripes i love this application ps the toggle feature would allow me and others to turn it off via autoflight too

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest conan_troutman

can you explain how the -t works i ve added it the script in the lnk file but it just opens it as before no autoswitching between the two states.

any help would be appreciated

Guest Ingvarr

When you execute "lowlight -t" for the first time, it will open the lowlight as normal.

When you execute same command second time, the currently running lowlight will be closed. Assuming you didnt close it manually before.

It also can be combined with "-m".

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest conan_troutman

47#"\Program Files\Tornado Low Light\lowlight.exe"-m

this is the short cut I use to minimise

i have added the "-t" to thr end and before the "-m" niether make the splash screen disapeer in fact addding the "-t" prevents the "-m" from working and cuases it to beahave much the same way as

47#"\Program Files\Tornado Low Light\lowlight.exe"

please help clarify once more

what i need it to do is hit shortcut it switches low light on hit shortcut it switches off preferably with no spash screen and no quit option just a simple on off function i think you are getting round this with the autominimise at switch on but its the switch off function that fails

it doesn't switch off unless i press quit

would i need to set up two shortcuts one for low light on and one for low light off?

I even tried changing the file name to "lowlight-t.exe"

and shortcut to 47#"\Program Files\Tornado Low Light\lowlight-t.exe"-m

it switches on and minimises fine but the repeat press of the shortcut cuases the program to open and wait till quit is pressed I need it to quit automatically

Edited by conan_troutman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.