AKU2 / MSFP updates start to appear from iMate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Metoo
My understanding is that the Prophet (Jamin) will support stereo headset with the current rom and next rom, but that the new rom's for the other mobile 5 devices would bring this functionality.

If it appears that the other devices won't support it, then I guess it's a hardware thing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just pragmatics and economics. A2DP promised stereo hi-fi quality, but requires some CPU re-encoding resource and a reliable BT/RF connection to achieve it. Everybody accepts that a couple of seconds drop-out is tolerable in a voice conversation (Hello, Hello. Hello?). But a millisecond interruption to their favoutire MP3 would be a crime against humanity. That's what the consumer field tests have proved and why it's been moved back until at least AKU2.2.

A2DP is available if your know where to look, and works reasonably well. But the quality is below good wired headphones, and is subject to interference from any adjacent BT device. HTC have enough on their plate with VOIP/SkyPE and OMAP perfomance issues, without adding the extra CPU overhead of A2DP, and the variances that yet another RF link will introduce. Similarly the resellers have enough calls about voice quality on their phones and network, without that including complaints over the faltering voice in their favourie aria!

So, yes, it's disappointing that that after 9 months we still don't have A2DP, but no real shock as the technology available isn't resilient enough for a wide consumer release. The only thing that makes me angry is why MS haven't been up front with that from that start, so are letting the OEMS take all the flak at the final hour.

Edited by Metoo

Guest hans08
Just  pragmatics and economics. A2DP promised stereo hi-fi quality, but requires some CPU re-encoding resource and a reliable BT/RF connection to achieve it. Everybody accepts that a couple of seconds drop-out is tolerable in a voice conversation (Hello, Hello. Hello?). But a millisecond  interruption to their favoutire MP3 would be a crime against humanity. That's what the consumer field tests have proved and why it's been moved back until at least AKU2.2.

A2DP is available if your know where to look, and works reasonably well. But the quality is below good wired headphones, and is subject to interference from any adjacent BT device.  HTC have enough on their plate with VOIP/SkyPE and OMAP perfomance issues, without adding the extra CPU overhead of A2DP, and the variances that yet another RF link will introduce. Similarly the resellers have enough calls about voice quality on their phones and network, without that including complaints over the faltering voice in their favourie aria!

So, yes, it's disappointing that that after 9 months we still don't have A2DP, but no real shock as the technology available isn't resilient enough for a wide consumer release. The only thing that makes me angry is why MS haven't been up front with that from that start, so are letting the OEMS take all the flak at the final hour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A2DP is available if your know where to look, and works reasonably well....I certainly don't know where to look.

Guest ElGato65

New ROM's appearing,

JASJAR_WWE_13076_164_10900_wwe_ship.zip

JASJAR_ME_13082_171_10900_wwe_ship.zip

JASJAR_SA_13082_170_10900_wwe_ship.zip

JASJAR_ITA_13081_169_10900_ita_ship.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.