Orange Pay Monthly Refresh

Guest sporkguy

Guest shadamehr
lol you'd be surprised at how many documents come out of orange that have the grammar and spelling of a pre-high school pupil. Obviously English isn't a required qualification at GCSE these days ;)

As for what's going on at Orange - I wish I knew. Ever since FT took the reins and that French bloke took control of the UK operations, we've become a very shoddy company.

CSRs are becoming worse, they're getting very little handset or technical training - they're just sat in front of a computer that works things out for them, and they pass the buck like nobody's business.

I could go on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well...

OxG71x5x0

Thats my Orange PAC code, minus the xxx's of course...

And my new phone from T-Mobile arrives later today (this morning as it were).

T-Mobile, MDA Vario with full Copilot Bluetooth GPS, for £79.99 (was free for vario alone), on a Flext tariff for 25.62 per month, with £180 of inclusive allowance (which could equate to 200 mins calls, 1000 text, 20 mms, or any mixed combination thereof).

Contrast to my existing orange tariff (already web deal based anyway) of 500 text, 200 mins, no mms, for £30 a month, and no decent phone equivalent.

I could have ported way back in October - wish I had.

Orange STINK. Please dont be stupid enough to kid yourself ANY different nowadays.

When I rang up, they didn't even ask why I wanted a PAC code.

The world has totally changed at Orange folks - dont pretend ANY different.

But at least I am not just TALKING about how bad it is - I am actively doing something about it!

Wahay - roll on my new phone, new deal, new tariff, new company, new customer service, and cool new world!

Guest mark4130

I upgraded 2 weeks ago. Am I right in understanding that Orange cant downgrade my contract with the introduction of these new contracts ie they cant reduce my 120 mins to 100, and if they do I am within my rights to cancel my contract?

you are correct on that, they wont automatically downgrade your tariff, but when it comes to upgrade time they will move you over then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However is the same true for the amended charges for not using direct debits, itemised billing, and the delivery report charges....

I would guess/expect that they will be rolled in immediately.

I don't suppose any of these are terminal for most people, but to paraphrase a well known grocery stores catchphrase: "every little costs more"

At first glance the new improvements :| will add about £40+ a year to my Orange bill before a I make a single new call, adopt a single new service or change any of my current mobile habits....not the best incentive to try something new.

It's not much in the scheme of things but it doesn't incline me to try new things.

Guess my next question is what's the "best" alternative to a C600 (prefer the candy-bar style phones) on T-Mobile or O2...?

And I don't know what their customers might think to being called racoons....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you ever get the feeling that someone thought up the TV advertising campaign first and then tacked on an appalling service hash-up afterwards...? :?:

I see it now: an Orange Product Development meeting...

"The ads will have cute animals in them...everyone loves animals. We'll get Pixar/Disney or the Wallace and Gromit guys to do it...put some French music in - Does anyone know what raccoons like? Maybe have John Cleese do the voice over..."

"The services?..erm...yes....well we're the big picture folks but I do have a Post-it note of some new pricing ideas I can up with whilst passing wind in the general direction of your client base - will that do?"

Guest hunyango_uk

glad i jump ship to tmobile. for now i do have a vario, and waiting for mda compact II for free on a relax tariff 500mins(anytime, any network) and 200 txt on a 12 month contract for just 26.25/month . now beat that orange!!! ;)

Edited by hunyango_uk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rctempire

Orange, Orange, Squash.

Now for the past two years ive been in a contract, you would expect me to have had two phones, with no problems.

Dont think so, in my first year i had a spv c500, i had 5 of these.

My second device was a spv m1500, they took 3 MONTHS, yes months to retrieve the phone and allow me to get my latest phone the spv c600.

The customer service is shocking, i refuse to phone them now when i have a problem. Its that bad. I hate speaking to them as all i get is fobbed off to the next person to solve my problem and keep going in circles. I just dont say anything now. Im ready to write a letter of complaint and request that my contract is withdrawn as for 500mins anytime, and 500 texts i cant go wrong for £35 (including insurance) but when other things like mms, i might aswell hand my wallet to them.

Frankly they refuse to offer you anything good to stay at the network now days.

Im even thinking of removing my whole family from orange thats how badly ive been treated.

As for these talk plans, so long as they become affordable and actually useful then they may claw customers back.

Guest Tariff

Just a few things i'd like to point out here.

Orange have more high value customers than any other network, they don't need to offer tariffs to compete with 3 or flext.

Orange have consistently been winning most mystery shop or mystery phone calls to their cs's than any other network...based upon the many current mobile magazines that I read.

Now Oranges new animal tariffs have benefits that have been neglected by you all, only the bad things have been mentioned here!

25% more minuted than previous orange tariffs for same price, 50% on 18 months.

Texts are also now bundled in to the tariffs when they weren't before, for the same price.

Magic numbers, you can have a new one every 6 months (unlimited), call another orange user for one hour for the price of one minute.

Orange family is now renamed and has free calls between members!

Text bundles are of much better value than before.

Each animal type also comes with a special bundle of say photo messaging for 3 months.

Each animal type offers tariffs specific to certain types of users, much more choice than before.

*KEY* main benefit to me over flext is that customers know what they get and how much it will cost..no confusion. With flext you have to think about how many minutes and texts you can make out of your remaining balance. It is well known now that Orange thought up 'value' tariffs before tmobile, but decided it was not the way forward as it would confuse customers.....

Orange want simplicity. How about we wait and see how it does? Bearing in mind orange want to attract high value customers and loyalty.

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

Orange have more high value customers than any other network, they don't need to offer tariffs to compete with 3 or flext.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

think most of your customers are going to leave your network if they found out the tariffs that t-mobile have.

and one more thing i' have to point out, how much does it cost on orange gprs/mb? i think t-mobile is offering unlimited for only £7.50/month. :shock:

Orange have consistently been winning most mystery shop or mystery phone calls to their cs's than any other network...based upon the many current mobile magazines that I read.

I'm not sure that many people are criticising Orange's CS (some are but not the majority I think).

Now Oranges new animal tariffs have benefits that have been neglected by you all, only the bad things have been mentioned here!

25% more minuted than previous orange tariffs for same price, 50% on 18 months.

Would I be right in thinking that the increase in included minutes only kicks in at the much higher tariff levels anyway...that was certainly the impression provided by the original article and reports?

Texts are also now bundled in to the tariffs when they weren't before, for the same price.

That's a good thing but they are also charging for delivery reports.

Magic numbers, you can have a new one every 6 months (unlimited), call another orange user for one hour for the price of one minute.

including texts and adding this new magic number concept could be quite a good thing but only time will tell. I thought that under the original plans you had several included texts (text allowance)...?

Orange family is now renamed and has free calls between members!

This is the first time that I've heard this, I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread before - so I'm glad if this is true. Do you have any more information about this change in the tariff/plan?

Text bundles are of much better value than before.

Each animal type also comes with a special bundle of say photo messaging for 3 months.

Hasn't Orange been offering this special short term tasters for a while now? or are you saying that they are now part of the new animal offerings by default?

Each animal type offers tariffs specific to certain types of users, much more choice than before.

*KEY* main benefit to me over flext is that customers know what they get and how much it will cost..no confusion. With flext you have to think about how many minutes and texts you can make out of your remaining balance. It is well known now that Orange thought up 'value' tariffs before tmobile, but decided it was not the way forward as it would confuse customers.....

Orange want simplicity. How about we wait and see how it does? Bearing in mind orange want to attract high value customers and loyalty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree we have to wait and see if only to find out the details...but I worry now that when terms like "high value" are used. All too often that means "high spending". Hopefully Orange isn't going start an all out focus on supporting/attracting "high spending" (business) clients who don't change phones or plans very often...nothing wrong with that I suppose but balance is critical. What about the many "loyal" customers who don't spend like business customers but still stay commited to Orange and expect a little support and respect in return...?

Does anyone have any more definitive details or documentation around these new plans so far most of what I've seen are the various reports...?

Guest Confucious

My T-Mob USIM arrives today to use in my O2 Exec - it's bye bye Orange ;)

No move on data prices - where T-Mob are offering unlimited for £7.50/month was what made me jump. But these new Animal plans are a joke.

@Tariff - It's great to see someone trying to justify something that is so appalling, you deserve your sallary. T-Mob's Flext plans are soooo much better it's unbelievable aned Oranges CS used to be good but now? You stick with Orange but unless I have no reception on T, or something goes horribly wrong, I'm leaving.

Have fun

Guest shadamehr
My T-Mob USIM arrives today to use in my O2 Exec - it's bye bye Orange ;)

No move on data prices - where T-Mob are offering unlimited for £7.50/month was what made me jump. But these new Animal plans are a joke.

@Tariff - It's great to see someone trying to justify something that is so appalling, you deserve your sallary. T-Mob's Flext plans are soooo much better it's unbelievable aned Oranges CS used to be good but now? You stick with Orange but unless I have no reception on T, or something goes horribly wrong, I'm leaving.

Have fun

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A simple post just to say "ditto" to that indeed!

My MDA Pro has arrived today on Flext30 + WnW and I am loving the tarrif as much as the phone - now when was it someone last said that!

Guest chucky.egg

I'm checking coverage first (starting tonight) and all being well will be leaving O some time this month - 4 months before the end of my contract.

@Tariff

I believe you're mistaken about what customers find confusing. I find numerous different (fixed) levels of inclusive mins/msgs confusing, because you have to spend ages comparing like for like.

Most of us here probably know roughly how many minutes/texts we send a month, so we can get the Flext plan that suits us. Better still, because of the discount we can now get more.

As for Orange inventing stuff before TMobile. Maybe true, I don't know. I don't care either - thehy're not doing it now. All the innovations in Orange have been withdrawn. Orange compete on price and coverage AFAICT, and despite references to the best CS of the lot... in my experience the real support comes from places like Modaco, not the operator, so it doesn't mean anything to me.

And as Confucious said (er, that's our Confucious, not the Chinese one) the £7.50 unlimited GPRS is the icing on the cake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking Tariff or even Orange, but after some 8 years (i've lost count) with Orange I genuinely feel that they don't give a stuff about my business. I spend £100/month and have done for well over a year.

If Orange don't want to keep my business then I don't want to give it to them

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Orange has officially launched the new tarrifs (it's online at their own site so it must be true... ;) )

Has anyone seen or heard of any service that actually compares the old Orange Talk Plans against the new animal based ones...?

It would be useful to know what and where the differences are between the old and the new rather than relying on piecemeal and potentially bias marketing blurb....also want to try and avoid where customers have managed some "special" deal which tends to skew their appreciation of what's on offer now.

Having read the official information @ Orange to date, if I stick with my "traditional" 12 month duration and go for the closest animal variant to my current Talk 200, I'm worse off by around

Guest morpheus2702

Wow, are Orange ever getting a good kicking from everyone on this and their service. Truth be told I've been oblivious to Orange the past 9 months - have an SPV that doesn't need replacing every other month, bills are reasonable, happy chappy.

But with upgrade time on the horizon, I start looking about, see what T-Mobile is offering.

And then this touchy-feely tree-hugging animal tarrif nonsense... How come it's always a dophin and never a squid?

Anyway, with all these myriad Orange fcukups happening, has there been any feedback from Orange (official or otherwise) in response to the drubbings they are receiving?

Guest Tariff

Flext is good yes.

But: No 14 day mbg, so you can only swap the phone you chose if it has a fault-once your tied to flext theres no way out on having -no service, drop calls or not liking the handset.

Also t-mobile has worse uk coverage and calls being dropped than the other main networks.

In relation to old compared to new orange tariffs its simple. New orange tariffs offer much better value for Money. I could go into all the details but its not worth it.

Other than that keep your eyes pealed for the 1st May, there will be another slight improvement on Orange tariffs i believe.

Oh and if you are going to get flext ;) , do it online before the end of april as you get the 25% discount before its removed the following month.... e.g. flext 35 for about

Guest Confucious

You're right I only got a 7 day mbg not 14.

the new Orange tariffs are much beter value for money if you consider less minutes for the sanme money beter value... it's only on the higher tariffs they get better and even then they are not a patch on T.

As for coverage, not so sure on that one. T's website is out of date, I have good coverage ate home (the site says I should have 2.5G, I have 3G) and at work and in between but none at a pub near here. T'sd coverage is not as bad as it used to be but still probably not up to that of o who's coverage always found to be excelent. Try it and see - you do only get 7 days mbg but that's plenty to knbow if the coverage is good enough. It certainly is for me.

Flext35 + unlimited data comes to

Guest Tariff
You're right I only got a 7 day mbg not 14.

the new Orange tariffs are much beter value for money if you consider less minutes for the sanme money beter value... it's only on the higher tariffs they get better and even then they are not a patch on T.

As for coverage, not so sure on that one. T's website is out of date, I have good coverage ate home (the site says I should have 2.5G, I have 3G) and at work and in between but none at a pub near here. T'sd coverage is not as bad as it used to be but still probably not up to that of o who's coverage always found to be excelent. Try it and see - you do only get 7 days mbg but that's plenty to knbow if the coverage is good enough. It certainly is for me.

Flext35 + unlimited data comes to

Edited by Tariff

Guest sporkguy
If you research it more t-mobile offer no money back guarantee at all on flext tariffs. Only 28 day exchange (only good for fault with your phone-i.e. it would get swapped for phone of same kind). So if you have no service at home or work, or simply don't like your phone its tough and you're tied down to 18 months. Fact. ;)

Of course if you order via the phone or online this may be different as by law with distance selling the customer has to have a 7 day mbg. In store there's no mbg for flext.

Incorrect I'm afraid - doesn't matter if you take it over the phone or the web, you still get your 14 day statutory rights. Its the law, and a company cannot change this.

Which is good news for us eh :P

Guest chucky.egg
If you research it more t-mobile offer no money back guarantee at all on flext tariffs. Only 28 day exchange (only good for fault with your phone-i.e. it would get swapped for phone of same kind). So if you have no service at home or work, or simply don't like your phone its tough and you're tied down to 18 months. Fact. ;)

Simply not true

I understand you want to defend Orange, but at least don't mislead people... are you Orange staff by any chance?

Hi all.

I've now looked at the new Orange plans again and as I thought they will all cost me more....however, and this is important, they do offer more. Sometimes in texts, sometimes in extra minutes, sometimes in other things. The "magic number" thing is also very interesting too.

Unlike many others on this thread who seem to have an issue with Orange on several fronts and therefore they want to leave I'm actually happy with Orange.

So why am I concerned about the new plans...? Simply the 18 month lock in. As I've said previously in this thread the ability to access the best and most stable phone is important to me. I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount for the phone after 12 months but additional admin fees and phone premiums irritate me.

If I don't take the 18 month lock in, the new plan extras are not so great and make the new plans even less palatable.

Last point if you're unhappy with a service you should go. Be objective about what you don't like and what you want, find that service and go.

To those who have moved to T-Mobile and O2, I really wish you the best of luck and I hope that the services that you have purchased meet your requirements. For many of you it's not just about the money and that's a good thing - otherwise you'll be doing the mobile provider shuffle again in 12 months when someone else comes up with a "super low deal" ;)

One last things and then I'll put my cyber soap box away :P ...I don't work for Orange but I would still recommend them to anyone who asked and I have done so. Only one person didn't take that advice and that was purely because at the time Orange had no coverage in his area.

Edited by Guest

Guest Confucious

I had no problems wth O except for their amaisingly uncompetative rates.

The main reason I looked at T-Mob was because of their unlimited data plan - now that was very important to me. When I did look at T I found their voice and text plans were a lot better than O too.

If you're happy with O then stay but to anyone looking for a new contract I find it hard to recommend them - there prices are not competative and they no longer have phones that you can't get elsewhere - in fact they don't even do the wizard (M3000) which is one of the best available at the moment. Their customer service seems (subjectively) to have deteriorated, wheras T's seems to have got better and for anyone who uases data T seems the obvious choice at the moment - who knows in 6 months?

The 18 month tie in is the only drawback to T - personally, I've never lasted a year without getting a new phone - I tend to get a new contract and reduce my old one to the minimum, the phone I've got now is an O2 Exec bought off eBay and the phone and s/ware I got from T were sold for

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tariff

Please be aware that i'm correct in there being no 14 day money back guarentee on flext if you go into a retail shop to get it, only 28 day exchange.

Now I know people like flext because of the 'value' it gives you. If you look at 2 of the orange tariffs right at this moment they actually offer you more value then the equivalent on flext e.g. racoon 30 to flext 30 and there is another one at

Guest Confucious

I think the answer is in the flex bit of the flext - Racoon might give more value if you want the texts, insurance and traffic tv - if that's what suits you then great., go for it (we'll ignore the fact that orange's CS has gone so far downhill it's scraping the bottom) but as users of SmartPhones or PPCs what most (I make the natural assumption that because I want it everyone else in the universe does as well) people want is cheap data prices.

In certain cercumstances O might be better value - and I would advise everyone to chek, but for me they're not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.