PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

I cant run any rom on any emulator, i have tgetfile.dll instaled.

help me plz

I already try POCKETSNES, SMARTSNES, both latest versions and nothing, later POCKETSNES and later SMARTNES.

I have WM2003SE, is that a problem?

----------------------------

- I open POCKETSNES 1.57

- Options:

Sound Emulation

Sync Sound

8 Bit

Sample Rate Low

Portrait

Keep Backlight

Frame Skip 0

- File>Exit

- I open SMARTSNES

- File>Open ROM

- TGETFILE Window

- I select the Top Gear 2.smc rom

- Click on Done

- The program back to the main window with the logo and nothing heapen.

- If i click on File>Resume, the top and bottom bars dissapear and the program is locked.

What do i do, i already try:

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 850KB

Work but i dont have sound.

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 949KB

Work but i dont have sound.

POCKETSNES 1.57

Dont work, the rom never load.

SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

??

got some glick with killer instinct, see attach

normally there must be a background :)

Hi please can you tell me what software did you use to take snapshoot when you were playing ?

thanks !

Guest escalade52
go to sound settings, enable sound and sync sound, say ok and exit pocketsnes and open it back up. when u load ur rom pocket sound should be enabled.

I DID BUT NOTHING HAPPNED. COULD IT BE THE GAME?

Guest mikeeey
I DID BUT NOTHING HAPPNED. COULD IT BE THE GAME?

maybe. wat game were u trying? try some different games. also try restarting ur phone and doing the same process i said in last post.

Guest sjmanga
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

1.52 add loadstate and savestate menu, fix auto frameskip function, add smooth stretch for portrait large display mode, add more check when load rom to avoid emulator to hang. In this version, autosave is disabled, but the original .000 file can be renamed to .pss and load state from file.

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

I get this message: "This message is shown by a trial version of tGetFile SDK. The program which you are using is linked with the trial version of tGetFile library. This message will be shown every 5 call to tGetOpenFileName or tGetSaveFileName. (Ver 4.3.7, Aug 4, 2005)."

What do I need to do to get around this? I have the Blackjack.

Thanks

Guest HalfSlant
nope not gonna work on the Q, cuz the last time he even updated this was... hmm... before i even joined modaco i think. some time in 2005, when the Q wasnt even out.

works on my Q :)

Guest Jceejunior

Hello I'm new to this site and don't know much about installing app's on smart phones but has anyone had any success getting any of the snes, sega, or final burn emulators from this site to play on the Samsung blackjack? I've installed the pocketnesterplus and it works great but I can't get any other emu's to play. I've tried installing several Snes & Final Burn emu's that are posted on this forum and most seem to work up until the time I load a rom then the screen goes black and it takes me back to the my storage card folder. Is there an extra step or setting that has to be configured in order to make the blackjack play any emu's besides nes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. First of all, I have a Samsung BlackJack. I got PocketNES to work perfectly on it, but I seem to be having a problem with PocketSNES. Obviously, I have tgetfile running, first of all. Secondly, the program runs, up until the point where I try to load a rom. It acts like its going to run the game, then it exits. No error messages or anything, just returns to the main screen. Any ideas what could be causing it? I tried Legend of Zelda: LTTP and Mario All-Stars. I'll try a few other games.

Guest mikeeey
Hey everyone. First of all, I have a Samsung BlackJack. I got PocketNES to work perfectly on it, but I seem to be having a problem with PocketSNES. Obviously, I have tgetfile running, first of all. Secondly, the program runs, up until the point where I try to load a rom. It acts like its going to run the game, then it exits. No error messages or anything, just returns to the main screen. Any ideas what could be causing it? I tried Legend of Zelda: LTTP and Mario All-Stars. I'll try a few other games.

sometimes that happens when u dont have enough memory. try restarting ur phone. also, are u running this off the of the storage card?

Guest whiteflippinjew

I got a blackjack and have gotten pocketsnes to work on portrait mode with auto frame rate off. I still have the overlapping screen problem, and landscape modes dont work. Hopefully a fix for that will come out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tigger2221

hey masterall...i just got a Motorola Q and i recently installed the 1.52 version. All work except the speed...so i have to disabled the sound. keep up the good work man! We are waiting to hear the good news from you..many thanks.

Guest nothin

lol im quite shocked.

i tested that rel. on 400 mhz xscale, and i wanst impressed, it was much slower, than n0p pocketpsnes, and snes9xj4u.

and then i made check on wizard, 260-273 mhz, rom x-plore.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299470

80 fps on frameskip 3, nosound is not exception ;).

sound is still above possibilities,though...

Edited by nothin

Guest laraz23

You wrote a great emulator and and it works perfectly on my Samsung i320N... except for a graphics glitch I do not know how to resolve...

The image appears shifted to the left and a bit of the image that should be on the right is cut off and instead put on the right.

Other than that it works great. Fast and with sound.

Please help with the screen problem... maybe it is because I have a landscape phone?

Thank you!

Guest Masked Writer

Some games (Chrono Trigger, NBA Jam) require pressing 3 buttons at once. The emulator won't let me assign two commands to a single key on my phone (Moto Q). This would resolve my issue. Or a way to hack the Q to allow 3 buttons pressed at once would also do the trick.

I'm having speed problems running Tecmo Super Bowl III on my Motorola Q. Increasing the frame skip gets the thing going but its then choppy.

Thanks for any help.

Guest matix3
Waiting for an aswer to that question also.

i was able to play pocketsnes QVGA 1.43 on the dash but i cant get the sound to work. the problem with the screen is fix but its only in portrait and not portrait large. it looks lame so small

Guest cabeludo1234
i was able to play pocketsnes QVGA 1.43 on the dash but i cant get the sound to work. the problem with the screen is fix but its only in portrait and not portrait large. it looks lame so small

I have a dash too, and I'm having the same problem. Either I can run the QVGA version of Pocketsnes and play games on a small portrait screen (not fullscreen) or I can run Masterall's in fullscreen but the right side is cut off and moved to the left side, making both kind of unplayable.

Can any combination be made so that there is a fullscreen QVGA compatible Pocketsnes for the T-Mobile Dash? I've seen your programs Masterall, and if anyone can do it, you can! ;)

Guest marceloc
You wrote a great emulator and and it works perfectly on my Samsung i320N... except for a graphics glitch I do not know how to resolve...

The image appears shifted to the left and a bit of the image that should be on the right is cut off and instead put on the right.

Other than that it works great. Fast and with sound.

Please help with the screen problem... maybe it is because I have a landscape phone?

Thank you!

I have the same samsung, and the same problem... let me know when this works please.

Thanks