PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest mikeeey
is it possible to have the source code of the latest version ? I'd like to take a look at them and fix the landscape bug

masterall hasnt been on in a while and the only place where u can get a sorce code is the pocket pc version here:

http://paqpark.nuclearfallout.net/projects/pocketsnes.php

or spacemonkeys source code:

http://www.surrealservices.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matth3w
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

1.52 add loadstate and savestate menu, fix auto frameskip function, add smooth stretch for portrait large display mode, add more check when load rom to avoid emulator to hang. In this version, autosave is disabled, but the original .000 file can be renamed to .pss and load state from file.

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

Does this work with Windows Mobile 5.0?

Guest chlballi

I cant seem to get it to work. I installed the DLL and transfered the exe to my PDA, but it says that its missing files or isnt a working file. What gives?

Chris "Shaggy" Ballinger

[email protected]

Guest lipek2003

hi i have a problem whit this version of pocketsnes when i want to load ROM nothing happens just like button woldynt work i have spv c500 and wm5 can anyone help me ? sorry for my english :rolleyes:

Guest nothin
hi i have a problem whit this version of pocketsnes when i want to load ROM nothing happens just like button woldynt work i have spv c500 and wm5 can anyone help me ? sorry for my english :rolleyes:

you need to add tgetfile, or gsgetfile (i do not remember whico one) to psnes folder....this was told thousands of times...

Guest Menneisyys2

Please read my roundup of ALL SNES emulators, including PocketSNES 1.52. I've thoroughly tested all the emulators - including games. It's available at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 . When needed, I can cross-post it here too.

BTW, does anyone know why my messages posted to the PicoDrive / FinalBurn Alpha threads don’t get through? I’ve tried on two different accounts, via different Web browsers, even via a proxy server; the situation is pretty much the same.

I’ve tried to tell people to visit http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 and http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 in the PicoDrive and the FinalBurn Alpha threads, respectively. These articles contain a LOT of useful information, certainly worth checking out.

I also *REALLY* ask Masterall to enter all their software in the Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine's Encyclopedia of Software so that I can nominate some of them for the Awards 2007.

Edited by Menneisyys2

Guest nothin
Please read my roundup of ALL SNES emulators,

wow, i can see hand of emufanatic :rolleyes:

+1.

BUT wheres info bout N0P genesis emu? its just VERY good emulator...

PAL games etc..

http://n0p.tonych.info/?Genesis_Plus

and question about super bubble bobble on sega emus: it that ANY rom ,that is working actually?

Edited by nothin

Guest rbueno
Please read my roundup of ALL SNES emulators, including PocketSNES 1.52. I've thoroughly tested all the emulators - including games. It's available at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 . When needed, I can cross-post it here too.

BTW, does anyone know why my messages posted to the PicoDrive / FinalBurn Alpha threads don’t get through? I’ve tried on two different accounts, via different Web browsers, even via a proxy server; the situation is pretty much the same.

I’ve tried to tell people to visit http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 and http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1 in the PicoDrive and the FinalBurn Alpha threads, respectively. These articles contain a LOT of useful information, certainly worth checking out.

I also *REALLY* ask Masterall to enter all their software in the Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine's Encyclopedia of Software so that I can nominate some of them for the Awards 2007.

Beautiful Article.

Congrats.

Guest mondo

MasterALL,

great emulator FOR SURE!!

But i tried looking through this whole forum for someone that has a tmo dash like me, to see if they were having the same problem as me.

when i load any rom, the screen does not fit and gets cut off on the right and wraps around to the left of my screen and when i try putting the view on landscape mode and try loading a rom, it just goes back to the main SNES main screen.

is there any way to fix this problemo of mine?

id like to play games on my dash with a full, normal looking screen! especially me being a street fighter 2 fan!!!

so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest krax
MasterALL,

great emulator FOR SURE!!

But i tried looking through this whole forum for someone that has a tmo dash like me, to see if they were having the same problem as me.

when i load any rom, the screen does not fit and gets cut off on the right and wraps around to the left of my screen and when i try putting the view on landscape mode and try loading a rom, it just goes back to the main SNES main screen.

is there any way to fix this problemo of mine?

id like to play games on my dash with a full, normal looking screen! especially me being a street fighter 2 fan!!!

so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

i have the same exact problem with my samsung blackjack. i found a version of pocketsnes that had no screen cutoff but the display was really small(making it hard to read) and it had no sound. In the end i decided that the screen cutoff was better than the other emu.

Guest burningwheels

Great program. The only problem I have on my HTC tytn is that not all hardware buttons are working. I like to use the program in landscape mode. I can only map one of the top buttons (messaging, internet). when i map them they both give the same code 0x5B. In other programs i can map both.

Guest kevinsephiroth
hey bro. i keep trying to open the pnes.exe but it keeps telling me that it's not a Win32 application. any info on that? please comment back or e-mail me at [email protected]. thanx.

Er... Pleaaase don't double post (I'm sure you didn't do it intentionally though)

And... I already answered this on the other thread you made.

Win32=Desktop, WinCE=Phone,

PNester is for WinCE dude.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Iceeyes

When I try to play a rom for my pocketsnes I get this message

DSC00188.jpg

And just incase this might be the problem this is the page that comes up when i run pocketsnes and it also looks chopped off at the bottom. Please help I am a pure newbie at this I just found out how to do this last night so it's still greek to me.

DSC00189.jpg

Oh and also, I got the pocketnester and I don't have that problem this is why I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Iceeyes

Guest kevinsephiroth
When I try to play a rom I download for my pocketsnes I get this message

shhh! Don't tell us that! :)

DSC00188.jpg

For this problem, use Smart Explorer to "open with" your FFIII.SMC , and select PocketSNES.EXE to associate SMC with PocketSNES.

it also looks chopped off at the bottom. Please help I am a pure newbie at this I just found out how to do this last night so it's still greek to me.

Maybe the emu thinks your screen is correct rotated, so say, straight like any smartphone, it's not intended to be on landscape on the side (ie: Blackjack, tmobile dash....)

So

Just try to first set screen to landscape left on the emu, then load rom.

Guest nothin

emulators were made for PORTRAIT MODE(which is NORMAL for NORMAL machines), i mean, that emus ARE working properly when screen is portrait oriented - so TRY TO ROTATE screen(i mean3:4, not 4:3), and THEN LAUNCH emu....

of course, i doubt, that changing orientation can help with these damn landscape oriented devices...but it may help..

Edited by nothin

Guest kevinsephiroth

EDITED to follow nothin's EDIT.

-------------------------------------

You're a little harsh there... Of course these emus were made for portrait-oriented smartphones, not landscape ones (blackjack, dash) , but these guys want to feel the power too lol. Maybe you can try to help instead of blaming them... :P

For exemple, I found that the key mapping of PocketNesterPlus was wrong, so I just guessed the right one....

Well it's true that for "normal users" (IE: Portrait-oriented smartphones) , we can just guess solutions.

You'll have to test yourself. :)

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest nothin
You're a little harsh there... Of course these emus were made for portrait-oriented smartphones, not landscape ones (blackjack, dash) , but these guys want to feel the power too lol. Maybe you can try to help instead of blaming them... :P

For exemple, I found that the key mapping of PocketNesterPlus was wrong, so I just guessed the right one....

Well it's true that for "normal users" (IE: Portrait-oriented smartphones) , we can just guess solutions.

You'll have to test yourself. :)

ahhh, sorry m8s.. i am harsh, but all i can tell is: combine combine, search, search...

it may be just rotation, maybe not, but really, users must be brave enough to try... whatever is needed, to gain solution, if possible...

only question is: is it possible at all..

do not take me too seriously.... harsh image is just style(bad style), i am not users enemy..i hope.

i edited earlier post...sorry..

Edited by nothin

Guest kevinsephiroth
ahhh, sorry m8s.. i am harsh, but all i can tell is: combine combine, search, search...

it may be just rotation, maybe not, but really, users must be brave enough to try... whatever is needed, to gain solution, if possible...

only question is: is it possible at all..

do not take me too seriously.... harsh image is just style(bad style), i am not users enemy..i hope.

i edited earlier post...sorry..

I edited too.

Well in fact you were right :)

Everyday , ten topics are created with the same questions : Problem with my Dash (which is the name provided by USA T Mobile, I don't know the original name of that device) ; My motorola Q has a bug with whatever emu ; Blackjack etc....

Well as you said, people lever learn. <_<

Guest Iceeyes
shhh! Don't tell us that! :P

DSC00188.jpg

For this problem, use Smart Explorer to "open with" your FFIII.SMC , and select PocketSNES.EXE to associate SMC with PocketSNES.

Maybe the emu thinks your screen is correct rotated, so say, straight like any smartphone, it's not intended to be on landscape on the side (ie: Blackjack, tmobile dash....)

So

Just try to first set screen to landscape left on the emu, then load rom.

First my bad for saying that. Second I'm not sure what you mean. I go to File manager-my document-then to the games folder I created-open pocketsnes-then load the file from there. If that's what you meant that's what I do. If not, then I might need a little more detailed description. You can pm if that would help or be easier. And I already selected landscape left for the emu. I really am sorry, I have read this thread multiple times and it's plain and simple to me...I'm too much of a n00b lol. Teach me to find out about puting games on my phone :) .