PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest jiimpman23

i cant get that pocket snes 1.52 to work on my q..and i dont understand what to do..becuase i dont understand the instructions.

Guest jiimpman23

i cant get that pocket snes 1.52 to work on my q..and i dont understand what to do..becuase i dont understand the instructions.

Guest thedonny

Ok I fixed the issue where you cannot Load a rom - by installing that .DLL file which is inside this thread..

Then The screen would go black and not play the game... I changed my view from landscape to Portrait and now it works!

I have a T-Mobile dash with the newest windows Mobile edition and everything works good now.. With the small exception that the screen size is chopped off a little, Guess its just my phone model.

Edited by thedonny

Guest nothin
Ok I fixed the issue where you cannot Load a rom - by installing that .DLL file which is inside this thread..

Then The screen would go black and not play the game... I changed my view from landscape to Portrait and now it works!

I have a T-Mobile dash with the newest windows Mobile edition and everything works good now.. With the small exception that the screen size is chopped off a little, Guess its just my phone model.

well i tried to say that thousand times...

Guest thinkoftheirony

I don't know if people have already mentioned this earlier in the topic but I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there - if you use SNES9x on your PC and create a savestate for a game, rename the savestate to *.pss and PocketSNES will load the game.

This lets you get past some problems like if the game won't load - just make a savestate of the game during gameplay, and load it. Hope this helps some people. Just for the record, this wasn't my idea.

Guest sambuca1982

Hi! I just installed Version 1.52 on my XDA NEO! I have a problem. If I chose FILE/Open Rom nothing happens. Do I have something to change on my phone? Its running on Windows Mobile 5. I installed the programm first on my sd-card and then directly on the phone memory but nothings works. Thanks

Edited by sambuca1982

Guest assault

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum... got a problem with this emulator... tried FF2 and Breath of Fire and both hangs my phone... black screen and nothing more, need to remove battery to restart it... got a MPx220, rom 1.43, WM 2003SE

Guest slagzoo

When I try to open a rom (either .zip or .smc) it doesn't give an error but it doesn't load the rom either. It just stays on the loading screen. I had the same problem with PockNesterPlus but got around it by selecting the option "Associate .nes files" and then just opening the rom instead of the executable. Is there any way to do that with the SNES version?

I use a Samsung Blackjack. I don't know if that info matters or not but I figured I'd put it out there. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Guest PolloLoco
When I try to open a rom (either .zip or .smc) it doesn't give an error but it doesn't load the rom either. It just stays on the loading screen. I had the same problem with PockNesterPlus but got around it by selecting the option "Associate .nes files" and then just opening the rom instead of the executable. Is there any way to do that with the SNES version?

I use a Samsung Blackjack. I don't know if that info matters or not but I figured I'd put it out there. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Read the thread. About a hundred people had the same problem you do - and were summarily mocked. If you can't figure it out - then you lack two braincells to rub together. :)

If you get it to work and then dare to post the most common question for a blackjack - well, I suggest you might as well leave the forum for good.

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest Pudgy

I just find it hard to understand why no one had looked at recongifuring this emu to work with landscape phones...in landscape mode. I mean these games were originally designed to be played on a screen which is 4:3 and not 3:4. Not to mention that snes9x as well as other PC versions of the snes emu play with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Since the landscape phone is of a 4:3 aspect you'd think it wouldnt be that difficult for a programmer to come out with a version that works with the landscape variety of phones. I understand emus such as mame that use the portrait orientation for older games that were made for the 3:4 aspect such as pacman, ms. pac-man and dig-dug but with game originally played on HOME Televisions with the 4:3 aspect i find that after all this time ...a fix (or at least a landscape friendly version) isn't available yet. Especially since the pocket nester plus emu has been solved for the landscape variety of phones

Edited by Pudgy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NeoChux
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

1.52 add loadstate and savestate menu, fix auto frameskip function, add smooth stretch for portrait large display mode, add more check when load rom to avoid emulator to hang. In this version, autosave is disabled, but the original .000 file can be renamed to .pss and load state from file.

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

can someone tell me why my HTC Excalibur gets a Splited Screen.. plz plz.. i really want to play chrono trigger on mobile.. plz plz plz.. is there a way to fix this??!?!?!?!

Guest ZippyTom
i am wondering, what exactly is keepin' you from test by yourself.

why 1/3 of users are like this....

why USA must be seen as country of morons....

ban me if you want to..

cmon China, erase them all.

1 U$ dollar - this is payment, that people have on 2/3 of world daily, and you cannot use your machines?

daddy bought you present?

I dont have the moto q 9m i was thinking about buying one tho.

Guest sad1337

can anyone tell me how to change the display of the game from horizontil to vertical or visa versa ? and also can anyone tell me how to turn the volume down ?

Hiya Masterall. Thank you for this great app. Its the first that I've been able to run on my Motorola Q. I have one problem when running the emulator concerning the d-pad. If you hit upper-right/left or lower-right/left the emulator kicks into menu mode. Also.. on the moto q d-pad there is a center button that seems to be bound to "start". The button is easily pressed when using the d-pad while playing games. Is there any way to unbind this? Thanks for your time! ;)

Guest player911

Just rebind the keys to something different.

The PocketSNES won't work in Landscape mode. For it to even run on a Landscape device, you have to go in to the Display options and set the orientation to Portrait.

While this works, it creates a nasty problem. The right portion of the screen is displayed on the left side, while this doesn't stop you from playing SNES games... it does kinda screw you up. For instance, I was playing one of the later MegaMan games and when you see something on the "left" side... it's actually on the right. Its hard to explain but screwy. Not all games would be an issue, just the fast paced action where things are bouncing around the screens.

Its really sad that the emulator never got finished enough to work on all the different resolutions.

Guest nothin
Just rebind the keys to something different.

The PocketSNES won't work in Landscape mode. For it to even run on a Landscape device, you have to go in to the Display options and set the orientation to Portrait.

While this works, it creates a nasty problem. The right portion of the screen is displayed on the left side, while this doesn't stop you from playing SNES games... it does kinda screw you up. For instance, I was playing one of the later MegaMan games and when you see something on the "left" side... it's actually on the right. Its hard to explain but screwy. Not all games would be an issue, just the fast paced action where things are bouncing around the screens.

Its really sad that the emulator never got finished enough to work on all the different resolutions.

oh god...oh GOD..

have you ever try OTHER possibilities....

http://n0p.tonych.info/?PocketSNES

this is really sad, that you did NOT.