PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest coisbot

This emulator runs GREAT. Unfortunately there is a very slight delay between when I press the buttons and when the little people on the screen move. It's very slight, but it makes games way more difficult to play. For example, it makes wall jumping in Super Metroid damn near impossible. On Morphgear, I had the same problem (though I only use morphgear for NES, GG, and GB). But Morphgear has a 'thread priority' option and when I changed that to 'idle' I finally got the split-second response I so desired. It would be great if an option like that was added to a future version of PocketSNES. Don't seem to have that problem at all with PicoDrive, though... Also,I was just wondering when this emulator is going to support the advanced gfx chip for games like Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG. The original PocketSNES supports it, but it's way too damn slow to play. Plz work on this masterall!

Edited by coisbot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soundman123
For example, it makes wall jumping in Super Metroid

Um.... How did you get Super Metroid to work on this emulator. Ive tried many times and all i get is the nintendo name at the very beginning and then it crashes. Ive heard that it doesn't work with the original program that pocketsnes is based off of so i thought it was impossible.

nevermind i figured it out

Edited by soundman123

PLZ help me i have shg i320 and i cant get tgetfile working plz help im so lost ;)

2. How to install tGetFile.dll

By extracting the files from zipped archive, you will find

'setup.exe'. Execute the 'setup.exe' on your Desktop PC to install

tGetFile.dll on your Pocket PC or Smartphone.

If your Desktop PC was Windows 2000/XP, your account should belong to

'Power Users' or 'Administrators' group to execute 'setup.exe'

properly. If your account did not, copy an appropriate cab file

included in the zipped archive to your Pocket PC or Smartphone, then

execute the cab file on your Pocket PC or Smartphone to install.

On Smartphones, tGetFile.dll in this package is available only for

Smartphone devices which accepts programs without signature. If your

Smartphone requires signature, use tGetFile.dll which is delivered

with a compatible program, and has digital signature.

WTF !!! SIMPLY??

Guest navyfett

I just got the tmobile shadow with wm6. pocketsnes will load and display but when i try to open a rom, it does nothing. Can anyone direct me to a possible working version of nes or snes that can be used on the shadow please? Thank you.

I just got the tmobile shadow with wm6. pocketsnes will load and display but when i try to open a rom, it does nothing. Can anyone direct me to a possible working version of nes or snes that can be used on the shadow please? Thank you.

Did you do this as well:

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

without this it cannot load any roms.

Edited by Zeiram

Guest Menneisyys

1. add support for 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

2. change the action for lost focus from exit emulator to pause emulation

Great to hear! Will update the Bible!

Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

Hi. I'm using x50v. I found out that this program is very awesome one.

As you stated above, this program supports VGA size devices.

but, when I load any rom files, I got a problem. The program is only express the top of the screen.

Check this picture. Thanks.

Capture.bmp

Guest soundman123

masterall, first of all thank you for the program.

second of all, i have a blackjack and there is one problem that i have realized. my phone wont allow me to press more than two buttons at a time. since there is not a hack that i know of to fix this, i came up with an idea that maybe you could put in the next version. in the key settings you should allow more than one key assigned to one button. meaning that if you were to use w for up and d for right and so on you could also just press e for up and right at the same time. that way we could shoot diagnal for games like contra and the like. i hope this made since. and i hope you take this into consideration. also if there is a hack to fix the problem someone please let me know.

Guest Fabrizio1971

Can i run PocketSNES 1.53 on my HTC S620 windows mobile 6 smartphone ?

How can i install it correctly ?

Then can i use all roms of SNES emulators with this emu ?

Thanks !!

I tried to use ... it starts, but wont play the rom ...

what i have to do ?

Edited by Fabrizio1971

HTC S310 Problems...

Hi and thanks for your work.

I have a big problem with mine htc s310, the application run but i'm not able to select any rom, when i push the central button of the four way navigation system the only thing that appens is to go out from the menu.

Can anyone help me?! Please!

(Sorry for my english)

Guest jay4life06
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

nice work i love it

Guest Fabrizio1971

Now i've installed pocketsnes 1.53 and all works good ! :D

I've installed also PicoDrive (megadrive - genesis emulator ), and works good too... two powerful consoles on my Smartphone :(

Edited by Fabrizio1971

Guest n0nexistence0

I can't get this to run chrono trigger 4m, and secret of evermore (3m) runs with a scrambled screen. I've tried changing the settings around but thus far cannot find working settings.

Guest jimmyjaimitog
Highlight:

Guest jimmyjaimitog
Highlight:

HELLO HEY I NEED YOUR HELP I HAVE A TMOBILE DASH AND I CANT GET THE FILES U HAVE ON THE PAGE OR SNES POCKET TO OPEN ,,IVE TRIED IT WONT WORK CAN U TELL ME HOW IT CAN BE DONE OR A WEBSITE IF POSSIBLE TO DIRRECT ME..THANKS

HELLO HEY I NEED YOUR HELP I HAVE A TMOBILE DASH AND I CANT GET THE FILES U HAVE ON THE PAGE OR SNES POCKET TO OPEN ,,IVE TRIED IT WONT WORK CAN U TELL ME HOW IT CAN BE DONE OR A WEBSITE IF POSSIBLE TO DIRRECT ME..THANKS

typical user from USA....

Edited by nothin

Guest NeoChux

OMG.,.. at least i can play Chrono trigger.. with a little sound glitches..!!!

its amazin... tHANKSS master all!!!

i have an HTC excalibur... overcloaked to 240 mhz..

just one request!!

plz.. improve the speed with sound.. jeje...!!!! hehe... i know its a lot of work!! but i know u can do it!!!

thanks in advance!!!

Guest ponyboy

hello, my name is wayne

i have got all different kinds of replys on how this pocketsnes works on moto q's.

when i used your instructions to install it. so far so good, but i get minimal display selections in pocketsnes version 1.52. also, I get a stretched graphics problem. audio is fine though.

any ides on the graphics.

[email protected] if you would be so kind to maybe rar up the files and mail'em over that would be superb.

thanks masterall