PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest dario69
This emulator works very well on my Blackjack II. The only thing that keeps me from playing hours on end are the glitchy buttons. Left and up on the D-pad only work if I was previously moving right. So as you could imagine. I'm continuously moving in a circle in certain games.

Must be a Samsung thing. I noticed the same glitch with my BJ2. I think my old Samsung i730 did the same thing when I was on Verizon.

Guest miawarrior542
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

1. add support for 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

2. change the action for lost focus from exit emulator to pause emulation

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

where do i download PocketSNES v1.53?!?!?!?!????

Guest rs123456789

MasterAll:

This is very impressive. my dopod d810 (htc p3600) runs zelda 3 with sound in both portrait and landscape mode. Thank you very much.

I would like to request for the soft keys (keys on screen) to be added back on

your next build.

Thank you

rs123456789

Guest rs123456789
MasterAll:

This is very impressive. my dopod d810 (htc p3600) runs zelda 3 with sound in both portrait and landscape mode. Thank you very much.

I would like to request for the soft keys (keys on screen) to be added back on

your next build.

Thank you

rs123456789

sorry i would like to add that i am running wm6

Guest nicolyon

Hello,

I have an HTC Kaiser TyTN II, with the pocketsnes original version i can map my buttons but with this version i can't map my buttons... it always found 0x5b when i push a button.

There's a way to got the source code ? CVS or SVN ? for checking what's wrong ?

Thanks

See You

Guest kburkhart84
Hello,

I have an HTC Kaiser TyTN II, with the pocketsnes original version i can map my buttons but with this version i can't map my buttons... it always found 0x5b when i push a button.

There's a way to got the source code ? CVS or SVN ? for checking what's wrong ?

Thanks

See You

I have the same phone. the four buttons around the diectional pad will all give the same code because the emulator reads them that way. the way do it is to use the buttons on the keyboard instead. the upper right corner of the keypad is ok for x y b a . the only issue with going to landscape and opening the keypad out is that after you load the game, you have to tap thescreen to go into the programs menus, then tap again to go back to the game.. the reason is that the directional pad will be turned around if you don't and doing this makes pocketsnes notice that opened the keyboard therefore it rotates the directions just like any other program.

2 big problems with games..

Legend of Zelda & Final Fantasy V

played Legend of Zelda for about 5 hours now and finally got to the dark area of the castle.. unfortunately cant see anything at all! :D tried transparency/stretch etc.. no change..

and similiar issue in FFV too.. get to the ship graveyard about 45 minutes in and you go underwater can you cant see yourself :D so impossible to navigate..

i have read that you may need to turn off and on layers in the game (zsnes).. tho unfortuntately thats not an option in snes 1.53.. any ideas guys? :)

Guest 88Saleen351

I would like to use nOp's version as my Q9 has an xscale cpu..However,It is also running wm6.nOp's version will not run on wm6 because it is an unsigned app.Does anyone know how to run unsigned app's on wm6? Finding an answer to this has been difficult.Thankls in advance

hi,

i'm using an XDA NEO (HTC Prophet), but this version of pocket snes seems to be buggy for me. when i press 'Load ROM', nothing happens..

any ideas?

other versions work fine for me, for example n0p's mod..

hi,

i'm using an XDA NEO (HTC Prophet), but this version of pocket snes seems to be buggy for me. when i press 'Load ROM', nothing happens..

any ideas?

other versions work fine for me, for example n0p's mod..

of course you DID NOT add gsgetfile to emu folder, YES?

kkay...now it freezes 1sec after loading the rom :/ any ideas?

edit: seems that i have the problem only with Zelda a link to the past rom. other roms work well

edit2: OMG this pocketSNES mod is GODLY! i have 40 frames on Final Fantasy III.. with n0p's i had 15 or so..lol

too bad i have still problems with zelda. =/

Edited by birdy1

Guest n0nexistence0
Can you post or send me the source code for this version of PocketSNES? I'm actually the guy that worked on it a long time ago (PocketSNES: Bleeding Edge) and I've been messing around during what precious spare time I have with a fresh port from the Snes9x 1.51 core code and from-scratch ATL-based UI and DirectDraw-based graphics layers. I'm curious what speed hacks you were able to devise and wondering if I could incorporate them into my port based on the newer core code.

Just FYI as well, I tried running this version on my new Motorola Q Global and the graphics rendering was all garbled. Looks like it's not rendering with the right pixel strides or something.

I'm having the same problem, but I have not modded my UI. I tried bluetoothing my files to a sprint Q and it worked seamlessly. There's something different about the Q Globals graphics system. Anyone who would have resolution to this problem would have my greatest thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aceitalia83

ok this might blow some minds out there, i know i have gotten this emulator to work on my moto q before, i also have pocket nester and pico drive as well, when i d/l this pocketsnes or any for that matter the screen pops up and it looks like its working but my softkeys dont activate, to clarify, if i open pocketsnes in total commander my softkeys say left-select and the right softkey says file and they do absolutly nothing and i have to exit the program by hitting "home" or "end" and going to my task manager and killing it. same if i open it from my homescreen left softkey says start and right says contacts and they do nothing....i dont get this at all and need some insight, please help i can usually figure this stuff out but you guys are always a big big help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wackywraith

on my motorola Q global, i cannot get the display to display correctly no matter what combonation of setups i use in the options for the display. any ideas?

Guest DJTachyon

I am looking for Turbo Button support for this. I am playing FF3 and want to try the river exploit. There is probably another way of doing this, but emulator support would be nice.

Guest Trajhver

thanks.

everyone is jealous of my phone lol... music, games, television, movies, texting... all free... well not the texting.. not mine at least :D

Edited by Trajhver

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SR31292

i downloaded pocketsnes 1.53 for my Tmobile Dash(AKA excalibur) yesterday, and whenever i try to press the load ROM button on Pocketsnes it just goes back to the title screen that says POCKETSNES. does anybody know what im doing wrong, and how to be able to load ROMS onto it?

Guest Nirvana09
on my motorola Q global, i cannot get the display to display correctly no matter what combonation of setups i use in the options for the display. any ideas?

I have this exact same problem. On my Q, If the Rom will even load, it gives me a bunch of horizontal pixilated lines all over the screen. And there is nothing I can do to keep it from doing that.

Edited by Nirvana09

Guest Delve
i downloaded pocketsnes 1.53 for my Tmobile Dash(AKA excalibur) yesterday, and whenever i try to press the load ROM button on Pocketsnes it just goes back to the title screen that says POCKETSNES. does anybody know what im doing wrong, and how to be able to load ROMS onto it?

this happened to me, I installed the Tget file and then I was able to look for roms (there was a reminder that the tget was a trial version) so then I selected ogre battle and nothing happened =( so I tried Treasure Hunter G and a black screen flashed for a second and it went back to the Pocketsnes homescreen. I am going to try a different ROM right now, but if anyone has ideas why this happens Ogre Battle would be fun on the phone! Oh BTW I have a Samsung BJ2