PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

I'm still using the 1.52 version since the 1.53 version just crashes when I select any rom to load.

Also sound is too soft? even at full volume it is still low.

Also, I'm not sure but it seems to drain my battery pretty fast? o.o

My device is an HP IPAQ 512.

Hi i have the Moto Q9h, ive tried installing the pocketnester, but all iam getting is the screen is broken , you can see some of the game, and the sound is so loud. Then i tried installing the pocketSNES. all i see is is really small pixels lines like the player is bad or the game is. I have tried ajusting the screen over and over from landscape, portrait, but nothing seems to work. I ve read on this forum that people with the 9h are having similar issues. Can anyone assit? Thank You

Guest phantomwolf13
Hi i have the Moto Q9h, ive tried installing the pocketnester, but all iam getting is the screen is broken , you can see some of the game, and the sound is so loud. Then i tried installing the pocketSNES. all i see is is really small pixels lines like the player is bad or the game is. I have tried ajusting the screen over and over from landscape, portrait, but nothing seems to work. I ve read on this forum that people with the 9h are having similar issues. Can anyone assit? Thank You

Well, you can fix pocketNester to work, but not pocketSNES. for pocketNester, run the program, then go to Options -> Graphics and check the box for "Show all 240 scanlines." Now it should work!

as for your issue with pocketSNES, yes, that's how it currently stands with version 1.53.... you can get version 1.52 (check the first post of this thread), which is playable but has the right-most 1/5 or so of the screen on the left side. No fix for the garbled screen in version 1.53 or the right part of the screen displaying on the left side in version 1.52.

Guest Hellraezer
First of ALL ! Forget about what i said about small text in FF4 , the ROM was corrupted , it was a Japanese version of FF4 with crappy english text .

Well , All Final Fantasy Games For SNES seem to work very good .

Final Fantasy II - Works Great , No Crashes , No Freeze . Played of for 2 and a half hours .

BUT !: make sure you have "Transparency Effects " Enabled , some levels require it . The Text is big and readable .

Final Fantasy III - Works , I finished watching the opening sequnce (LONGGG ! VERY LONGG !) , Nice Graphics by the way .

Final Fantasy IV - The Japanese Version of FF2 , also worked .

Final Fantasy V - Works , Japanese , Nice Graphics .

by The Wasy , Posting RoMs is Not Allowed Right ?

I am running this emu on a Samsung Blackjack II (SGH i617) full factory unlocked Ono need to app-unlock this one), and I only have a few comments:

A. Portrait mode runs landscape on my device. No Prob, just a mention.

B. Star Fox won't run, just a black screen, but I can quit to the menu fine.

C. Sound is really fast while the graphics are smooth, but on higher FRs music is fine but the screen redrws in chunks with no smoothness, some frames seem to be missing. If I set FR to around 4 as so many have suggested, on some games, BioMetal for instance, I get a choppy video and the sound seems to bounce all over the place. If I crank it up higher, the frame rates are so bad that it's hard to see my avatar because it jumps from one side of the screen to the next.

D. Can you explain what the sound settings are used for? For instance, what is sound interpolation and what does it do?

Great emu, just wished it could play star fox.

Guest Hellraezer
First of ALL ! Forget about what i said about small text in FF4 , the ROM was corrupted , it was a Japanese version of FF4 with crappy english text .

Well , All Final Fantasy Games For SNES seem to work very good .

Final Fantasy II - Works Great , No Crashes , No Freeze . Played of for 2 and a half hours .

BUT !: make sure you have "Transparency Effects " Enabled , some levels require it . The Text is big and readable .

Final Fantasy III - Works , I finished watching the opening sequnce (LONGGG ! VERY LONGG !) , Nice Graphics by the way .

Final Fantasy IV - The Japanese Version of FF2 , also worked .

Final Fantasy V - Works , Japanese , Nice Graphics .

by The Wasy , Posting RoMs is Not Allowed Right ?

I am running this emu on a Samsung Blackjack II (SGH i617) full factory unlocked Ono need to app-unlock this one), and I only have a few comments:

A. Portrait mode runs landscape on my device. No Prob, just a mention.

B. Star Fox won't run, just a black screen, but I can quit to the menu fine.

C. Sound is really fast while the graphics are smooth, but on higher FRs music is fine but the screen redrws in chunks with no smoothness, some frames seem to be missing. If I set FR to around 4 as so many have suggested, on some games, BioMetal for instance, I get a choppy video and the sound seems to bounce all over the place. If I crank it up higher, the frame rates are so bad that it's hard to see my avatar because it jumps from one side of the screen to the next.

D. Can you explain what the sound settings are used for? For instance, what is sound interpolation and what does it do?

Great emu, just wished it could play star fox.

Guest phantomwolf13

Would you by any chance be willing to share your source code for pocketSNES v1.52 or v1.53? I'd really like to see if I could get it working on a Moto Q9h (as I described in a recent post...). Please let me know!

Thanks,

phantomwolf13

P.S. I would have just sent a PM but it seems your inbox is full...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest czarphanguye
Any word on pocketSNES on the Motorola Q9h? Has anyone gotten masterall's pocketSNES version 1.52 to not have the right part of the screen on the left, or gotten version 1.53 not to have a garbled-looking screen? I think it's been almost a year since the Q 9h (Q global) came out, and still no fix to this problem...

As a summary, here's what pocketSNES is like on the moto Q9h:

1. The only version of pocketSNES (or any snes emulator for that matter) that will work is masterall's.

2. version 1.52 displays mostly correctly except that the right-most portion of the screen is on the left... probably as a result of the 20 or so "random" pixels at the left on the topmost line.

3. version 1.53 displays a garbled, mixed-up image, which I beleive is actually 20 small screens packed 5 across and 4 down.

4. no graphics settings or configurations correct either of these problems. (in pocketNesterPlus -- the (original) nintendo emulator, you can check the option "Show all 240 scanlines) in the graphics options to get it to display correctly).

5. some claim that the problem is due to the way the video memory is set up on the processor in the Q9h (see http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9h/garbled-screen-in-pocketsnes-q9h-memory-problem-25170.html and http://www.modaco.com/content/q-q-modaco-c...9h/#entry901879)

6. Nobody seems to have any solution to this yet!!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems version 1.52 was pretty close (closer than 1.53)... would it be possible to somehow just get rid of those first 20 or so pixels on that top row in v1.52, so that the rest of the screen lines up correctly? anyone (masterall?) care to comment on the feasibility of this? I have a technical background but no experience in emulation programming or any programming on mobile devices for that matter.

Ditto. Moto Qh9 and PocketSNES is buggy. +1 vote for a fix.

Guest gentoon

Hey Thanks alot masterall... besides sound and a few games like mario rpg this is working perfect on my excalibur... and I have been waiting for a secent emu!!!

Little problem here.. i have a samsung i640v, when i click load rom, it does nothing.. goes back to main screen.. but exit works and options aswell..

any ideas ?

:lol:

i have moto q h global. my point is ive downloaded emulator and all other files program comes up got roms. but game doesnt work i have wm6. is there any emulators that work for q global and wm6?

I apprecaite any help been searching for a min. dead ends or same programs.

Guest clockwisecanuck

Works great on my rogers branded Samsung Jack with sound ( usually have it turned off on most of the action packed games). I do have one problem , it doesn't seem to register more then two keys at a time which makes playing super mario a bit tricky. I'm gonna update to windows 6.1 and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with pocketsnes running on it.

Any word on pocketSNES on the Motorola Q9h? Has anyone gotten masterall's pocketSNES version 1.52 to not have the right part of the screen on the left, or gotten version 1.53 not to have a garbled-looking screen? I think it's been almost a year since the Q 9h (Q global) came out, and still no fix to this problem...

I have a q9h as well; this is definitely a scan-line type of problem. Another vote to fix this one!

I have a q9h as well; this is definitely a scan-line type of problem. Another vote to fix this one!

Also, is the source code for 1.53 available? If so, I'd be interested in fixing this myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nesfamicom

have a Samsung Blackjack running Windows 6.1 and every rom that I have played so far has worked great. The only poblem is that the only selectable display setting is "Landscape Left" which places the image verticaly on the left side of my device. Why can't I select "Portrait" or "Portrait Large?"

Does anyone else have this problem?

Guest EdmundAshdown

This emulator works pretty well on my Verizon Wireless SMT5800 (aka Libra 100) from HTC. When enabling sound, most games play a little choppy. I prefer to play without sound anyway, so that may not be important to some. I've tried:

Zelda - A Link To The Past (plays good)

Final Fantasy 3 - Plays Great until you get to the main map navigation. The main map is almost impossible to navigate because the screen becomes almost completely jumbled. I've tried changing settings such as Transparency Effects on and off, and no difference.

Dragon Ball Z (Legend of the Super Saiyan Japanese Translation) RPG - Plays great!

Super Mario RPG (SMRPG) - Will not play at all. But in my research, almost no emulators play this game. The original game on SNES had a special chip to help process the graphics. I don't know what would be required to emulate the functions of such a chip, but almost no emulators do (possible none at all).

Guest naeem82

hey guys, have a question about the virtual pad

i have a htc touch diamond with telus, games load up and everything, but i cannot get the virtual pad to work, i have heard that some people have been able to get games running with a reduced virtual pad, or virtual pad skins, but i have not been able to get any of those workarounds to work, anyone have any ideas that might work?

any help for getting would be greatly appreciated

ps: nester works fine with the virtual pad.. just not pocketsnes

keep up the great work on the emulator!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wilsontech
Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

1. add support for 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

2. change the action for lost focus from exit emulator to pause emulation

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

good job bro.....working great for me B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlazedWayz

First off Great work. I have this loaded on my BJ2 no problems everything works good but,was just wondering about the whole "Trial" deal. Is it an unlimited trial? or what? But like I said works great for me. So no complaints here just curious.

Guest kingmonkey88

Have downloaded the Hao Zhang version 0.052 which works great but I can't get the emulator to register multiple buttons at the same time.

Is there any version or work around to fix this.

It doesnt work on my palm treo pro, windows mobile 6.1...it loads up but when I try to load up the roms, it crashes/closes....

I have smartsnes and that works almost flawlessly with all the roms, only problem is the screen gets cropped on portrait, and on landscape the screen rotates 90degrees so I have to hold my phone sideways, funny thing is the directions switch with it.. So i can play but it just isnt confortable...Obviously the version I wasnt designed to be displayed on my phone...

On my treo 750wx windows mobile 5, I had a version that worked but was choppy, probably more because of the phone...

Anyone know if there are any versions, or any other emus that will work on the phone... here are the specs on the pro: i copied and pasted so ignore any of the info that doesnt pertain to the topic... but as far as processor, resolution, and memory any 16bit system emu should run without any problems....

SPECIFICATIONS

Platform: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional Edition

Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7201 400MHz

Display: 320x320 transflective color TFT touchscreen

Radio: HSDPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM radio

Tri-band UMTS - 850MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz

Quad-band GSM - 850/900/1800/1900

Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, and 801.1x authentication

GPS: Built-in GPS

Bluetooth® wireless technology: Version: 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate

Memory: 256MB storage (100MB user available), 128MB RAM

Camera: 2.0 megapixels, up to 8x digital zoom and video capture

Battery: Removable, rechargeable 1500mAh lithium-ion; up to 5.0 hours talk time and up to 250 hours standby Expansion: microSDHC cards (up to 32GB supported)

Connector: MicroUSB 2.0 for synchronization and charging

Audio: 3.5mm stereo headset jack

Please help... Ive been looking for days...

Dimensions: 2.36" (W) x 4.49" (L) x 0.53" (D); weighs 4.69 oz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sinaâ„¢

this release is fully incompatible with HTC Touch Diamond/Pro & HD, specially HD.

masterall, you have to release new version that be compatible with Touch series.

Edited by Sinaâ„¢

Guest mamoo108

Okay, i tried loading pocketSNES v1.53 on my Motorola Q9h but the picture was like in 4 different rows and looked completey retarded then i tried v1.52 and everything runs fine except for one quater of the screen is missing from the right side and is sorta compressed into the left side. any ideas on how to fix that? my screen is a QVGA 320x240.

Thanks in advance, i really want pocketSNES on my phone. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pcall2007

Will this work with the HTC Touch Pro?

I tried PocketSNES v. 1.12.200. by Bleeding Edge and it crashes everytime I load a rom.

I also tried SNES9xJ4u which "worked" but was totally unplayable because it doesn't support landscape mode....which is the only practical mode to use without a virtual pad since I have to rely on my slide out keyboard.

Do you guys think I will have better luck with the emu posted here? Are there any other SNES emus around?

Edit: Damn it looks like PocketSNES is not compatible with my Touch Pro. Does anyone know what SNES emulators work well with the Touch Pro?

Edited by pcall2007