PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest ranked

Please help!

Every time i try to launch PocketSNES.exe it comes up with this message:

Error

Can't find 'PocketSNES'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all libraries are available

Guest obiwanblee

I seem to be having a weird problem with the emulator. When I load up a game, it'll run smooth, then freeze up for ~1 min, then run smooth, and so on and so forth. Sound is OFF as far as I know, and I have an SMT5600.

Guest Sly123
i've an mpx220...which is the emulator i havo toi install???

sorry for the english...i'm italian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just use the emulator on the firs page(first post).

Guest obiwanblee

Please someone help! I've search all over the place and I can't seem to find an answer. For the moments that the emulator is running, it seems to smooth, but having it freeze up every 30 seconds makes it unplayable ;)

Oddly enough, when it is actually running, it seems to be going TOO fast.

Edited by obiwanblee

Guest soiuke

Masterall,

I've two questions all about your great work:

first, I've been trying to use your port with the mariokart (I just love classics), but that doesn't works all fine. Looks like some kind of bug. Maybe a pocketSnes's bug? (or maybe a rom's bug).

second one, I would like to try to compile your port with some modifications. I would not like to offend you :roll: if I ask for your port code.

Thanks, and keep on this great task

S.

Guest Smartastic

soiuku, though i am not masterall i maybe could help you: on this chinese site: http://www.ioicn.com.cn/bbs/index.php, you will find a topic about masterall's snes emu, the source is also available for download if i am correct...

about mariokart, yes it does play slow or has bugs, could also depends on the version number or rom you are using, i find that 1.52 for some reason on my phone is NOT better then 1.51, a loth of roms dont load anymore, weird bugs and stuff wich i dont have with 1.51......

another thing for masterall, DK COUNTRY 2 works perfect with your emu (sound,speed very playable) but the older DK COUNTRY struggles (slow speed, sound)...could you find out why ? I experimented alot with the frameskipping and sound but none of them helped..

THX and hope to see updates of your great emu's in the future (esp. picodrive, hope z80 will be added and working ;))

Guest Lindopski

I have tried using your version of pocket Snes Masterall with the following results.

Phone Type : Orange SPV C55

installed the required tgetfile sdk

ran the program and it loads up an info page about tgetfile

you then browse the memory card for your roms,pick one and the emulator goes black and then switches off.

all roms work fine on parralax's version so it must be the emu.

dont know if this helps anyone ?

Guest GameOfDeath

WOW. This thing flys on my MPX220. No overclock.

Legend Of Zelda

Street Fighter

Final Fantasy IV(At least I think its IV, its the one that was released in the US)

All run at full speed with sound disabled.

Killer Instinct is just about playable at maybe 75% speed.

Thanks a lot. 8)

Does the OMAP overclock work on the 220?

Edited by GameOfDeath

Guest masterall

@ranked

It is always caused by a incomplete download or something like this. You may download the emulator to phone again.

@Lindopski

It seems some error happened during running. There is a lot of assembly code in my port. But it is still strange that the most difference between c550 and c500 is screen size(right?), however the blit functions is write in c, so it won't caused problem.

@soiuke

The game compatibilty is not good now, because the optimzation is focused on speed.

Guest Sly123
WOW. This thing flys on my MPX220. No overclock.

Legend Of Zelda

Street Fighter

Final Fantasy IV(At least I think its IV, its the one that was released in the US)

All run at full speed with sound disabled.

Killer Instinct is just about playable at maybe 75% speed.

Thanks a lot.  8)

Does the OMAP overclock work on the 220?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does it really run smooth?...i dont feel good playing without overclocking cause its not "really" smooth. i have the mpx220 an as well omapclock works ;). i use at 252MHz but in tmp 220-230MHz. still no problems accured(no crashes, except that on underclock sms writing sucks and phoning interrupts but not very sure).

Guest kevinsephiroth
does it really run smooth?...i dont feel good playing without overclocking cause its not "really" smooth. i have the mpx220 an as well omapclock works ;). i use at 252MHz but in tmp 220-230MHz. still no problems accured(no crashes, except that on underclock sms writing sucks and phoning interrupts but not very sure).

he writed down he's got a descent speed cause he disabled the music. if a do so i have a smooth running experience too.

with music i MUST overclock to at least 240mhz. even at this speed i got only 35-40 fps in average.

up to 60fps by moments.

Guest zfunk007

I've got a Cingular Smartphone 2125. I overclock it to around 265 Mhz and it's interesting to see which games work good and which don't. Some games I try work great and others are hardly playable. For instance, Super Metroid with sound on and frame skip 4 works just about perfectly. Top Gear on the other hand with the same settings is unplayable and too slow. Zelda 3 works just about perfect and so does Castlevania 4, Joe and Mac, Joe and Mac 2 and a couple other games I've tried. And I'm playing these with sound don't forget. Without sound, all the games run at full speed for me with no frameskip.

This is an amazing emulator! Keep up the good work. I think by the next release a lot of these games will work nearly perfectly on this phone and when the next generation of Smartphones is out all the games will run at full speed. Crazy...

Edited by zfunk007

Guest cronas

hi guys im new to the smart phone stuff I have managed to find the pocket snes emu but I haven't been able to find any roms that i can use. where do you guys get the roms for it from????

Any help will be greatly received

Guest corruption x

Masterall,

Great work! Your version is a LOT faster than your rival's (Parallax20) ... but yours won't play Donkey Kong Country ;) After the Rareware screen, it dumps me out. His version will play it, but unfortunately, too slow.

I'm also not getting sound on my T-Mobila SDA (USA). I'm getting an SNES9x sound error when trying to enable sound by the way you mentioned.

Also, the picture is very flickery at the top portion of the screen.

I guess that's it. Nice work!

Guest kevinsephiroth
I've got a Cingular Smartphone 2125. I overclock it to around 265 Mhz and it's interesting to see which games work good and which don't. Some games I try work great and others are hardly playable. For instance, Super Metroid with sound on and frame skip 4 works just about perfectly. Top Gear on the other hand with the same settings is unplayable and too slow. Zelda 3 works just about perfect and so does Castlevania 4, Joe and Mac, Joe and Mac 2 and a couple other games I've tried. And I'm playing these with sound don't forget. Without sound, all the games run at full speed for me with no frameskip.

This is an amazing emulator! Keep up the good work. I think by the next release a lot of these games will work nearly perfectly on this phone and when the next generation of Smartphones is out all the games will run at full speed. Crazy...

well thoses nintendo and rareware games are known for their full compatibility and speed.

Guest Henri Claytor

I'm currently an Audiovox smt5600 user, and I've been searching around for a bit when I've found this emulator. First off, I would like to show my gratitude, I think you're doing an awsome job masterall, thankyou for such dedication in the portable community.

I was wondering if other people are running Final Fantasy VI (III US) properly, because after the prologue with the 3 mechs riding into the sunset, it displays a black screen. Other games work fine, however, without sound.

When I overclock to about 260 it's playable with sound, but I don't want to push the phone that far, it's still less than a month old.

Other games work fine, FFIV, FFV, Zelda 3.

If others are getting this problem, I would like to share solutions (if any), personally I think this is a layering problem.

Cheers

Henri Claytor

Guest MorphyPL

to @Henri Claytor:

You cannot damage your phone with overclocking, it only drains battery faster, nothing more.

I tried to overclock my SPV C550 to 276 mhz, and it turned off, but there's nothing wrong with the phone now, but it can be overclocked only to 252 mhz max.... sad:P

Guest Henri Claytor

My apologies for not being specific, when I overclock anywhere over 216 hz, my screen becomes a bit fuzzy and purple, I wasn't sure if that was damaging the phone

Guest zfunk007

djtwok, Fight Fight and Turtles both work great on mine (Cingular 2125 phone).

Henri Claytor, thats strange that your screen messes up when you overclock. That definetly does not happen on mine at all. I can overclock mine to 276Mhz sometimes (it shuts off sometimes). And 264Mhz all the time. Final Fantasy III (6) seems to work fine on mine and even at a really good speed with sound. I didn't wait long enough to get past the snow part in the intro though... I will try it today and see if I can make it farther.

I do have a problem with the music on Final Fantasy II (4) though. It jumps around a lot and skips and then sometimes works perfectly. The music on Final Fantasy III seems to be perfect.

Like I said, I am really looking forward to another update of this emulator. I really think that the Cingular 2125 phone is one of the best phones for this smartphone emulation stuff. It just seems really compatible and you don't have to application unlock it to get the programs to work. That and I can run my NES and Gameboy emulators without even overclocking my phone. Great stuff...

Keep up the good work Masterall. You rock!

Guest MikeBee

sounds like a cool app, but using tfileget.dll wouldn't be my preferred option!

i am running mac os x and the installer for tfileget.dll requires windows.... can anyone attach a copy of the dll file so i can pop it onto my smartphone?

thanks.