PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

@masterall

I also wanted to thank you for your excellent tweaks, thanks to you games like FFVI run 45/60 most of the time with sound (OMAP@300). If you could add a few more hacks which would increase the performance by a few percent i would be in heaven :rolleyes: I would also be willing to pay for it.

got some glick with killer instinct, see attach

normally there must be a background :rolleyes:

sometimes u hav to have transparency on/off and if that doesnt do it then sometimes u cant hav any frameskip.

Hi Gents,

Apologies in advance if this is not the proper venue for the following question regarding PocketNester:

I'm trying to run the 1-14-06 port of PocketNester on Windows Mobile 5.0. Phone is T-Mobile SDA in the US. I can't seem to use the joystick for up/down/left/right purposes.

Anyone have any suggestions, and also any suggested key configurations that work well?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Gents,

Apologies in advance if this is not the proper venue for the following question regarding PocketNester:

I'm trying to run the 1-14-06 port of PocketNester on Windows Mobile 5.0. Phone is T-Mobile SDA in the US. I can't seem to use the joystick for up/down/left/right purposes.

Anyone have any suggestions, and also any suggested key configurations that work well?

Thanks for the help.

yes i have that one. it works well on my sda (also US). but so does every other version of it. idk why ur joystick isnt working.

i hope im not disobeying any rules by uploading this just to give to u. Don't credit me, everything goes to Parallax (Kien Phan)

Edited by mikeeey

yes i have that one. it works well on my sda (also US). but so does every other version of it. idk why ur joystick isnt working.

i hope im not disobeying any rules by uploading this just to give to u. Don't credit me, everything goes to Parallax (Kien Phan)

but lets not get off topic here,.

back to pocketsnes...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Whitster

I can't seem to get it to work on my phone.

It's a MDA Vario II. I open up the emulator and see the first screen. Then when I click "Load ROM" nothing happens. It just stays on the first screen. Is there anything im doing wrong?

Guest mikeeey
I can't seem to get it to work on my phone.

It's a MDA Vario II. I open up the emulator and see the first screen. Then when I click "Load ROM" nothing happens. It just stays on the first screen. Is there anything im doing wrong?

do u hav Tgetfile.dll in the same folder? put that in there and itl work

Great emulator! It's nice to be able to play Wizardry 1-6 (with sound and at a good framerate) on my SPV C600, though I will play only Wizardry 5, because it's the only one in english and I haven't been able to find a suitable translation for the rest of the series (I don't even know if pocketsnes supports translations...). I also tried Final Fantasy 6, Might and Magic 3, Ultima 7 - The Black Gate and they all work with sound at a good framerate.

Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest PolloLoco

I'm trying to use this program for my XV6700 PPC. On the forum for my phone - I was warned that I wouldn't be able to use this program in landscape mode, so I've stayed away until yesterday.

I've discovered that they're partially correct - I can run the program with no problems using "landscape left" but for some reason - it crashes out when I try "landscape right". Any idea why that happens? The reason it's disappointing for me, is that I use the slideout keyboard (slides left) to use it's buttons as a joystick and control buttons. If I use "landscape left" the keyboard is now above the screen for awkward play. I purchased a bluetooth gamepad - so this may not be an issue for me anymore, I'll reserve judgement. However, fixing this would make this more attractive to MANY other users who've rejected this software.

Another odd bug is that in one game I really want to play and beat (Morphgear doesn't like it) - the sound comes out kind of warped. It's "Knights of the Round". Morphgear wouldn't allow me to save - it'd restart without sound, and then crash at the end of a level.

On this program - the sound is broken up no matter what. I've turned on all the settings, and even tried them one by one. I'll probably live with it - but I'm curious why this is happening. Does this game have odd audio software?

Guest dr_wimpkins
I'm trying to use this program for my XV6700 PPC. On the forum for my phone - I was warned that I wouldn't be able to use this program in landscape mode, so I've stayed away until yesterday.

I've discovered that they're partially correct - I can run the program with no problems using "landscape left" but for some reason - it crashes out when I try "landscape right". Any idea why that happens? The reason it's disappointing for me, is that I use the slideout keyboard (slides left) to use it's buttons as a joystick and control buttons. If I use "landscape left" the keyboard is now above the screen for awkward play.

Yeah same for me, on spv 3100, works fine otherwise.

Im sure the sound issues are due to processor limitations.

Guest PolloLoco
Yeah same for me, on spv 3100, works fine otherwise.

Im sure the sound issues are due to processor limitations.

You might be right. I just think it's funny that it sounds great in Morphgear - until I try to save. Then Morphgear blows up.

Guest hakdizzle

Hi i got a gamsung i320n and the app takes advantage of half the screen but that isnt a problem is just that the screen overlaps making it unpplayable. I think the res of the screen is 320 X 240 its a Moto q type phone. Almost all programs i use have this problem except for doomce so im not sure any helpp is appreciated

Edited by hakdizzle

Guest feoysolo

Okay, I give up. Masterall can you help me?

I'm trying to run this emulator on a T-Mobile SDA US (Hump version) flashed with the SP5m rom. Every time when I load a game (Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid, MegaMan X, and a few others) it just goes to a black screen and hangs so that I have to re-start my phone. With Mario Kart it gets to the "Nintendo" logo and then hangs, with all the others it just goes to black.

Yes, of course I have tgetfile. I've even tried moving the tgetfile.dll file into the same directory as my roms as someone suggested in another post in this topic.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Edited by feoysolo

Guest mikeeey
Okay, I give up. Masterall can you help me?

I'm trying to run this emulator on a T-Mobile SDA US (Hump version) flashed with the SP5m rom. Every time when I load a game (Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid, MegaMan X, and a few others) it just goes to a black screen and hangs so that I have to re-start my phone. With Mario Kart it gets to the "Nintendo" logo and then hangs, with all the others it just goes to black.

Yes, of course I have tgetfile. I've even tried moving the tgetfile.dll file into the same directory as my roms as someone suggested in another post in this topic.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

some games require a sfx chip to make the games work. masteralls emulator doesnt support that yet and those games wont work. zelda a link to the past on the other hand tho doesnt need sfx to work. have u tried playing with the display properties and running the game? also do u hav sound enabled?

Guest feoysolo

Thanks but I figured it out. I was using the frameskip as recommended in the original post. When I turned auto frameskip off everything works.

Thanks again.

Guest mikeeey
Thanks but I figured it out. I was using the frameskip as recommended in the original post. When I turned auto frameskip off everything works.

Thanks again.

thats strange tho cuz zelda works fine for me with frameskip on. its metroid that crashes when frameskip is on

Guest mikeeey
Would frameskip make the game run smoother? If so I'm pretty sad I can't get it to work with it on. Also what are your frameskip settings?

frameskip tries to get the game as close to 60/60 fps as ur device lets you. with it turned off and manual frame to skip set it can be too fast. for example when i play super mario collection with frameskip set to 2, it plays at 110/60 fps.

depending on the game is when il use auto frameskip. most of the time i do. but some games like mario games i find it acually works better with it turned off and a manual number set. iv got around 70/60 fps, wich i think is better than 45/60 fps wat about u?

o and my frameskip setting are usually from 1-3.