PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

It runs pretty well on my T-mobile Dash, though the screen will not stretch to fit the landscape Dash screen at all. It only plays in portrait mode option, and because of that, the right of the emulated screen is shown overlapping the left side of the physical device screen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm, I've been trying to get this thing to run on my Dash for days now.

I got the tgetfile.dll from the original link from masterall.

I boot up Pocket Snes,

Go to Load Rom

It takes me to the file browser

I browse to my .smc files that are in the same folder as my pocknetsnes.

Click on on Final Fantasy III.smc

The screen goes black for a brief second and the crashes back to the Start Menu from which I launched PocketSNES from.

Am I missing something?

I'm totally new to smartphones, I just got my Dash less then a month ago.

PocketSNES and the games are installed on the phone's memory banks as far as I can tell, I haven't bought any aftermarket sd cards yet.

Can anyone help?

Guest mikeeey

I boot up Pocket Snes,

Go to Load Rom

The screen goes black for a brief second and the crashes back to the Start Menu from which I launched PocketSNES from.

Am I missing something?

PocketSNES and the games are installed on the phone's memory banks as far as I can tell, I haven't bought any aftermarket sd cards yet.

Can anyone help?

is it just that game? have u tried some other games? some games require a sfx chip in the cartridge and masterall hasnt supported sfx in this emulator yet. maybe that's why that game that ur trying to play doesnt work.

Guest Abel060

I have a Cingular 8525 and I wanted to know if this version of pocket snes is better than the one from Bleeding edge that seems to work pretty well on my phone now?

The biggest problem for people who have keyboards that slide out from the left side on devices like the Sprint XV6700 the T-Mobile MDA Vario II and the HTC TyTn, is the emulator doesnt have landscape support for the right side so we cant use the keyboard to map the buttons and we are forced to use the d-pad which doesnt recognize multiple button inputs at the same time so up and left at the same time only makes you go left.

Landscape support for the right side should solve this problem because the slideout keyboard seems to recognize multiple buttons commands at the same time.

Please add landscape support for both sides.

Guest mikeeey
I DONT KNOW IF SOMEONE ANSWERED THIS BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO ENABLE SOUND ON THE POCKETSNES.( I HAVE THE MOTOROLA Q )

go to sound settings, enable sound and sync sound, say ok and exit pocketsnes and open it back up. when u load ur rom pocket sound should be enabled.

Guest snowman5373

I boot up Pocket Snes,

Go to Load Rom

Am I missing something?

Can anyone help?

I was having the same problem. The download I had was missing the .dll file that was included in the zip ( just drag and drop the .dll file to the same directory ). The download that contained the missing .dll file is at http://forum.dashsmartzone.com/index.php?s...pic=53&st=0 To my surprise the download is linked directly to this site, wich is where I found the PocketSnes. Maybe there are a couple different downloads floating around?

I also suggest the Pocket Nester Plus at http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/DashApps.htm This runs excellent. The whole screen is filled and uses a high resolution. Remembering my childhood days with an added HD like experience.

BTW-Great site with some VERY helpful information and people. Thanks

*Edit*- I should have pointed out that the SNES version I ran did not run in full screen ( a small box ) and was kinda slow. On the newest version I am having the same problem on the Dash with the screen overlapping.

The updated PicoDrive ( Genesis Emulator ) a few threads down works awsome on the Dash. For fast moving games, such as Gunstar heros I overclock to 240mhz.

Please get this SNES emulator up and running with QVGA support and button mapping. Thanks

Edited by snowman5373

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kleany

anyone get this to work with the BLACKJACK? i have to change the display to portrait to get it to actually show the game but then its all chopped up half screen.

Guest mikeeey
anyone get this to work with the BLACKJACK? i have to change the display to portrait to get it to actually show the game but then its all chopped up half screen.

look at the post right above yours. the one about the dash. try doing wat he did and see if it works. i would think it should work since the dash and your phone both have horzinal screens

Guest Kleany

im still having the same problem, the screen cuts off like a quarter of the right side....i dunno what could be wrong...can anyone help? it wraps the right side around to the left side, and cuts the right side out.....also when i exit, it adds an extra bar on top of my home screen.....

Edited by Kleany

Guest mikeeey
im still having the same problem, the screen cuts off like a quarter of the right side....i dunno what could be wrong...can anyone help? it wraps the right side around to the left side, and cuts the right side out.....also when i exit, it adds an extra bar on top of my home screen.....

dont know wat to tell u... thats why i dont like landscape screen smartphones cuz no programs are compatible with them unless they add landscape support.

Hello

I have one small problem with file select dialog with PocketSNES. I can browse directories but I cannot select ROM. I see there "Chrono Trigger.smc" but when I click on it by cursor button it just returns to SNES start screen. What I have to di it to run game I have to type out exact filename to first box... Quite annoying. What I do wrong? I have both FileDialogSP.dll and tgetfile.dll in directory with PocketSNES. mobile Samsung SGH-i310 Window Mobile for Smartphone 5

Guest mikeeey
Hello

I have one small problem with file select dialog with PocketSNES. I can browse directories but I cannot select ROM. I see there "Chrono Trigger.smc" but when I click on it by cursor button it just returns to SNES start screen. What I have to di it to run game I have to type out exact filename to first box... Quite annoying. What I do wrong? I have both FileDialogSP.dll and tgetfile.dll in directory with PocketSNES. mobile Samsung SGH-i310 Window Mobile for Smartphone 5

how many roms do u have in that folder? if u only have 1 rom then that's why. im not completely sure if i know wat ur talkin about but if its wat im thinking of then u need more than 1 rom in that folder

how many roms do u have in that folder? if u only have 1 rom then that's why. im not completely sure if i know wat ur talkin about but if its wat im thinking of then u need more than 1 rom in that folder

Thnx... more than 1 rom made the trick!

Thnx... more than 1 rom made the trick!

Does anyone know if this runs on the Motorola Q cause when I launch PocketSNES 1.52 and try to load a rom it goes back to the menu screen and doesnt do anything. I cant even manually launch a rom. PLEASE HELP, installed tgettdll (P.S. I have the nes emu on the Q and it works perfect whats wrong with SNES)

Edited by Beno

Guest nothin

sorry to say that, masterall, but this emu is uselsess for me, on wm03 ppc. its so DAMN slow...

best is snes9xj4u, then pocketsnes by n0p, then morphgear, and after few slow versions of snes emus yours is slowest of them all....

don't understand this, to be honest..

shame, finalburn is hmm abandoned now?

btw, on snes9xj4u i can play everythin with stereo sound 44-48 khz, with frameskip 1-3... on 400 mhz xscale...

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
Does anyone know if this runs on the Motorola Q cause when I launch PocketSNES 1.52 and try to load a rom it goes back to the menu screen and doesnt do anything. I cant even manually launch a rom. PLEASE HELP, installed tgettdll (P.S. I have the nes emu on the Q and it works perfect whats wrong with SNES)

nope not gonna work on the Q, cuz the last time he even updated this was... hmm... before i even joined modaco i think. some time in 2005, when the Q wasnt even out.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest cassandra j

Quick question. I am having some issues running PocketSNES on my T-Mobile SDA. I load up the program just fine. However, when I try to load rom, it doesn't even take me to a file select screen. Just back to the PocketSNES main screen. Thanks if anyone can help with this problem.

Guest mikeeey
Quick question. I am having some issues running PocketSNES on my T-Mobile SDA. I load up the program just fine. However, when I try to load rom, it doesn't even take me to a file select screen. Just back to the PocketSNES main screen. Thanks if anyone can help with this problem.

this is the number 1 question everyone has about any emulator. u need tgetfile.dll. install that, and then try. :)

http://tillanosoft.com/anonymous_ftp/pub/ce/tgfdllsp43e.zip

Guest irievibe

Did this ever get updated or resolved? I also have a blackjack, and the snes games are shifted off the screen.

Thanks!

Mike

Masterall, could you please update PocketSNES for Landscape QVGA?

Thanks man you are the king

Did this ever get updated or resolved? I also have a blackjack, and the snes games are shifted off the screen.

Thanks!

Mike

Hello

Same issue on Samsung SGH-i600. Landscape mode does not work and in portrait mode screen is divided to two parts. First you see end of screen cca 50 pixels and next you see rest of the screen.