PocketNesterPlus 0.9

Guest masterall

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarknessWalker

Does any one have find PocketNesterPlus 0.8 in english... I only find it in Japanese or Chinese (realy don't know) if some one have found it please share.

HagbardCeline:

you may rotate the screen to portrait mode and try again. the default landscape mode may prevent emulators to run, I have encountered the similar problem on a 2003se pocketpc.

Masterall:

I have tried running your pockenesterplus on my HTC Excalibur and I cannot get it to work by any means! Everytime I go to load up a rom, the screen moves as if it is loading and then it kicks back to my file explorer. I tried loading with either portrait or landscape and no go.

Now I also tried Phallax's version, and bingo it actually is able to load the roms. However with Pocketnester, I cannot get the keys to config properly. However it is able to load in both portrait and landscape. Also, the screen is not formatted well and is only a small portion of my screen.

Do you have any idea why you version would not properly load the rom? I figure that the excalibur and the motorola q are so close in dimensions and software that it would be for certain that the roms would load np. I am dying to get so good games on my device after seeing how well the moto q handles it.

Any thought would be much appreciated.

Guest masterall

wk20a:

yes, you are right, the landscape qvga is not supported in all emulators which I modified. The old ones can work, because they use gapi only.

wk20a:

yes, you are right, the landscape qvga is not supported in all emulators which I modified. The old ones can work, because they use gapi only.

SO there is no way to get your version running properly on my Excalibur like the Q?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all..i'm very very new to this and I'm really trying to get started. I have a tmobile dash and I've been trying load an emulator for the longest time. I tried the old pocketnestor 0.5 and it didn't allow the games to play..Is there a more current one that should work with the dash??? Sorry if this is offtopic and going backwards..but everyone seems to know what's going on w/ these phones..thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

excuse me, I have a bad english, I'm from Germany. :)

This emulator works very fine for me. Great work. I have a t-mobile sda!!!

But I can´t press two buttons at the same time. If you want to run and jump in Super Mario this won´t work.

Have you any idea how I could solve this problem?

Has anyone the same problem?

Greets Addi

Guest CharlyV
Hi,

excuse me, I have a bad english, I'm from Germany. :)

This emulator works very fine for me. Great work. I have a t-mobile sda!!!

But I can´t press two buttons at the same time. If you want to run and jump in Super Mario this won´t work.

Have you any idea how I could solve this problem?

Has anyone the same problem?

Greets Addi

This is hardware depented. Some Pocket PC´s/Smartphones doesn´t support it.

Only solution is to use virtual buttons, if exist.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hidden2u

First, Masterall, your nes emulator is the closest thing I have got running on my samsung blackjack. I have gotten some games to play fullscreen!

However, I have been having problems reproducing the results. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems when I turn off GAPI in the registry (because it is blurred out in the options) it works. But there is a pop up that says "now turning off fullscreen mode". Somewhere in there is the right combination and it works correctly. By the way the blackjack is landscape 320x240.

Again good job, this is close!

Hi. As usual, first thing I must say is - great job, masterall! :-)

Second thing is - is there any way to disable fullscreen? Editing this value in registry doesn`t help. Or any way to disable stretching where is no need in it. Stretched portrait mode looks realy ugly and landscape is far from comfortable on Qtek 8310. :-)

I liked the way it was in 0.6, where portrait mode was unstretched with a little cropping on left and right sides, like it was on PPC PocketNester. Please, return this mode, because only this stopping me from update old 0.6 version to this new and better one. :-)

The best way IMHO would be unstretched portrait mode in windows mode without top windows panel overlaping (like it was in 0.6), because of significant slowdown and flipping when some changes appear in this pannel, like time, or signal and sms indicators. IMHO, for QVGA displays it would be best.

P.S. Sorry for bad english. :-)

Guest hidden2u

Okay I played around a bit more on the blackjack and found that I could get fullscreen play, with little or no distortion, at QVGA resolution, full sound, and working controls.

Here is where the problem lies: GAPI must be turned off (why can't this be done in options?), and when the return key is assigned (the blackjack has a qwerty keyboard) the program crashes. I think it crashes because the scan code for that key is too high.

So the two things to fix would be: allow GAPI option, and disallow any keys that are too high.

But this is a huge accomplishment! No one has been able to get an NES emulator to properly work on the blackjack yet, so yours is the first. Also, a lot of programs run on the blackjack have an error that causes them to push all the icons on the homescreen down a level, but yours does not!

Guest CharlyV

@masterall

the new version support now gsgetfile.dll for PPC. So far so good.

I have both file dialog libraries (tgetfile.dll, gsgetfile.dll) but i want use gsgetfile.dll instead of

tgetfile.dll.

I have some other programs from Tillanosoft so will not delete the tgetfile.dll file.

Can you force to load files by using gsgetfile.dll if both file dialog libraries are availble in windows folder ?

Guest wildwilly

I have a Cingular 8525 (I know im sort of in the wrong forum section). Anyway, loading and playing the roms works perfectly. However, when going to the menu during a game and resuming, or loading a save state after the rom has been loaded, the game moves at 1 or less frames per second and is unplayable. Anyone know why this is happening? (Maybe a menu option?) GAPI is enabled btw, and full screen mode works perfectly. Oh, none of the scrollbars work in the options menu :) Thank you for any help you could give me.

Edited by wildwilly

Guest wildwilly

Well I turned off the sound and that seemed to fix the slow framerate problem. I'm gonna see if I could still have sound and fix the problem as well

*edit* Disabling, then re-enabling the sound works every time. Wish I didn't have to do it though :)

Edited by wildwilly

Guest mikeeey
Well I turned off the sound and that seemed to fix the slow framerate problem. I'm gonna see if I could still have sound and fix the problem as well

*edit* Disabling, then re-enabling the sound works every time. Wish I didn't have to do it though :)

Cingular 8525? does that have a 400mhz processor? why is lagging? i have a t-mobile sda with a 200mhz processor, can be overclocked at 264mhz, and it runs perfect, not even overclocked.

2hidden2u:

Disabling GAPI doesn`t help also on my Qtek 8310. It`s just make emulator lagging.

2masterall:

Why don`t you make stretch a selectable option? IMHO, there is just no point to stretch picture on QVGA display, because there is no big difference between 320x240 screen and 256x240 in NES games, so stretch just make picture distorted and ugly.

Guest mikeeey
If you read my 1st post you'd see that it only lags after pausing and resuming the game or loading save states :/

o lol sry, i somehow didnt see that part of the post even tho thats all that post was about :) :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kingofnewyork

ok i downloaded this program to my blackjack with the tget.dll thing

and when i go to open rom, none of the games are there... im so confused..

can someone pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help

Guest mikeeey
2hidden2u:

Disabling GAPI doesn`t help also on my Qtek 8310. It`s just make emulator lagging.

2masterall:

Why don`t you make stretch a selectable option? IMHO, there is just no point to stretch picture on QVGA display, because there is no big difference between 320x240 screen and 256x240 in NES games, so stretch just make picture distorted and ugly.

but if it just barely has to stretch it it wont be disortede. i noticed the just on the left and right side of my screen its jsut barely cut off on each side. if it was sized to fit the screen it probably wouldnt even look bad and u could see everything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benster

This is ALMOST perfect on the T-Mobile Dash. The only issue that I have is that I can't press the B button along with the D-pad at the same time. For example in a baseball game generally A + direction means throw to that base while B + direction means run to that base. Well, in Little League Baseball for example, I can throw to any base but I can't run to any base. Same goes for TecmoBowl where you can only choose running plays because you press A and direction for those while passing plays can't be selected because you have to press B and direction.

If this tiny detail was corrected this would be the greatest thing ever. Anyone else see this at all?

Thx,

benster

but if it just barely has to stretch it it wont be disortede. i noticed the just on the left and right side of my screen its jsut barely cut off on each side. if it was sized to fit the screen it probably wouldnt even look bad and u could see everything.

When you bend your phone to left or right using landscape mode - it is not so disturbing, but when you held your phone upward and use portrait mode - 4:3 image is stretching to 3:4, ignoring aspect ratio and becoming really ugly. Maybe, this is not a big deal at all, but - what`s a point in stretching in portrait mode? If`s not make picture any better, making it worse instead, why making this a default and not switchable option? I prefer to play in portrait mode, because I think it`s much more comfortable than playing in landscape, using only one hand to play and another to held the phone. And there is no so much need in filling a whole screen, in fact it would be better to see a Windows top panel all the time, so it woun`t be blinking and slowing down emulator every time, when time, or signal streight indicators changes.

Of course, this is just my IMHO, nothing more. :-)