PocketNesterPlus 0.9

Guest masterall

Guest mikeeey
When you bend your phone to left or right using landscape mode - it is not so disturbing, but when you held your phone upward and use portrait mode - 4:3 image is stretching to 3:4, ignoring aspect ratio and becoming really ugly. Maybe, this is not a big deal at all, but - what`s a point in stretching in portrait mode? If`s not make picture any better, making it worse instead, why making this a default and not switchable option? I prefer to play in portrait mode, because I think it`s much more comfortable than playing in landscape, using only one hand to play and another to held the phone. And there is no so much need in filling a whole screen, in fact it would be better to see a Windows top panel all the time, so it woun`t be blinking and slowing down emulator every time, when time, or signal streight indicators changes.

Of course, this is just my IMHO, nothing more. :-)

yea i know. i just like to see everything on the screen.

atleast its not like how picodrive used to be, where about 20% of the screen was being cut off from the left and right, that bugged me, but u saw how it looks now in portrait view. it shows no disortion. so if only about 5% (or maybe even less than that) of the screen is being cut off here i dont think ur gonna notice any difference at all except it shows everything on the screen.

but u saw how it looks now in portrait view. it shows no disortion. so if only about 5% (or maybe even less than that) of the screen is being cut off here i dont think ur gonna notice any difference at all except it shows everything on the screen.

But aspect ratio is completly wrong in portrait mode, there is 4:3 image in games (256x240) and screen is 3:4 in 240x320 - how can be there no distortion, if it does stretching with wrong proportions?

And then again - why don`t making stretch and fullscreen mode optional? I don`t think this is hard to implement at all, I`d rather fix this myself, if there was a source for PocketNesterPlus. :-)

Guest Burthess

Is there a possibility to bind vol+ and vol- buttons in c600 ?

I've set them as A and B buttons, but in game it took no effect when i've pushed them.

It would be very handy to play as these i portrait left mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ____E____

ok im having alot of trouble with this and i dont know if it is the rom or what but i have tryed for weeks to get this working and i finally do thanks to this download which i can not begin to express how happy i am that it was made. When i go into the display settings it shows ladscape but will not let me choose them any help would be greatfully appreciated.

OK I REALIZED I FORGOT THIS .... i have A black Q if anyone has answers please let me know im new to cell phones

Edited by ____E____

Guest dropfry

Im having problems with controller settings as well, I have to program my up down right left buttons as right left up down. And my start/select A, B buttons sometimes work. Ive had it working once, then went to file exit hoping to save the setup and everything went back to default and I cant get it working again.

Hello to all,

I am a new owner of the T-Mobile MDA (running Windows Mobile 5) which I purchased 2 days ago. I have been struggling since then to find a NES emulator that will work properly in landscape mode! I am at my wits end here...sigh... I can successfully load the emu as well as the roms, but regardless of what my controller settings are, they are always completely backwards! Example:

With the keyboard extended, the EMU switches to landscape mode and all is well.

The ROMs load, run, look and sound amazing!!!

My controls are as follows (this has a full QWERTY keyboard BTW):

Left - A

Right - D

Up - W

Down - Z

A button - L

B button - K

Start - Y

Select - T

It seems that regardless of what I setup the keys to be, its as if the EMU thinks it is still in portrait mode and adjusts the keys as such... does anyone know how to force the keys to remain the same *and* work as desired in landscape? I would be immensely appreciative of any help anyone can provide!!

Guest pighater10

i have a samsung blackjack.... and im having a problem loading a saved game.... i went to the menu and then clicked on save state.... then it puts a file into the NES games folder that i have created on my storage card.... but when i go to open the saved game and load it by picking load state... while the game is playing nothin happens....

am i loading the saved games wrong??...... what is the procedure for loading a saved game??

and if i am doin it right but it's just not working can somebody please let me know if there is a fix for this??

thanks in advance.... pighater10

Guest mikeeey
i have a samsung blackjack.... and im having a problem loading a saved game.... i went to the menu and then clicked on save state.... then it puts a file into the NES games folder that i have created on my storage card.... but when i go to open the saved game and load it by picking load state... while the game is playing nothin happens....

am i loading the saved games wrong??...... what is the procedure for loading a saved game??

and if i am doin it right but it's just not working can somebody please let me know if there is a fix for this??

thanks in advance.... pighater10

not sure if i get what ur sayin but if its what im thinkin then i think that happened to me a long time ago. just create another save so u have 2. then select the 1 that u want, that way its fully highlighted when u select it. tell me if that works

Guest pighater10
not sure if i get what ur sayin but if its what im thinkin then i think that happened to me a long time ago. just create another save so u have 2. then select the 1 that u want, that way its fully highlighted when u select it. tell me if that works

hey thank you i didn't realize that you needed another file in there to get the one you wanted highlighted..

thank you

-pighater10

Edited by pighater10

Guest IgotGAME

I like this emu and it works fairly well, but I have a couple of questions regarding this emu:

1) I have the buttons mapped and they are all fine, but...when playing something like Tecmo Bowl or RBI Baseball...I can't press UP (which is W on my qwerty) and A (which is J on my qwerty) at the same time. I can't press a direction and the A or B button at the same time...nothing will happen...therefore I can't choose plays in Tecmo bowl and I can't advance runners in RBI baseball and I can't throw the ball to bases because all of those require directional pushes plus pushing the A button. Any answers for this???

2) Is there a way to make the emu default roms to Landscape right?? I have to choose that from the display options each time I start the emu.

3) When I press my corresponding Menu button that I mapped...the screen just freezes basically...I then click the X (which I can't see, but I can press) to close the application...thats the only way I know how to leave a game I am playing. Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to exit a game I am currently playing?? Pressing menu does nothing for me except stop the screen completely.

Any help will be appreciated. ESPECIALLY for my #1 Button problem above...the other 2 I can live with, but the button problem is hampeing my ability to play some games I love. thanks for your help!

Guest IgotGAME

Well I resolved the majority of my problems above by using the analog type nub stick on the PPC 6700 for up, down, left, and right movements...and now I can press RIGHT and A at the same time and it works fine. I figured out the menu thing and I got landscape to stick so I have everything working decently now, but I have 1 more question.

The only thing I want to be able to do now is move diagonally....like when playing tecmo bowl I can only run straight side to side or up and down....is there a way to make it where I can run diagonally if I want?? I have tried moving the stick diagonally and even mapping buttons and pressing up and right at the same time and he still won't run diagonally....is there no fix for this?? Do I basically have to run either up and down or side to side?

Guest manny6i9

where can i get games for this...I have everything setup and ready to go. But, when I openrom there are no visible games available. Are they already in my phone or do i go to spot to download them, thanks guys...

Guest PolloLoco
Well I resolved the majority of my problems above by using the analog type nub stick on the PPC 6700 for up, down, left, and right movements...and now I can press RIGHT and A at the same time and it works fine. I figured out the menu thing and I got landscape to stick so I have everything working decently now, but I have 1 more question.

The only thing I want to be able to do now is move diagonally....like when playing tecmo bowl I can only run straight side to side or up and down....is there a way to make it where I can run diagonally if I want?? I have tried moving the stick diagonally and even mapping buttons and pressing up and right at the same time and he still won't run diagonally....is there no fix for this?? Do I basically have to run either up and down or side to side?

Well - the bad news is that's not something the program can fix because it's a defect in your phone. The 6700 (which I have) does not allow for 2 simultaneous button presses. The good news is that someone wrote a nice little hack that you run in the background, and it allows you to press buttons simultaneously and run in diagonal. The download is the following:

http://www.emulamer.com/6700kbfix.html

Guest mikeeey
Well - the bad news is that's not something the program can fix because it's a defect in your phone. The 6700 (which I have) does not allow for 2 simultaneous button presses. The good news is that someone wrote a nice little hack that you run in the background, and it allows you to press buttons simultaneously and run in diagonal. The download is the following:

http://www.emulamer.com/6700kbfix.html

i wish this worked on the hermes, ive had one person test it and say it didnt work but anyone else wanna try? and tell what rom your using?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...t=0#entry807656

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cortland09

Hey everyone,

Thought I had a genius idea last night... try to get an nes emulator on my i607... Well i've been trying but i'm a noob when i comes to s*** like this... can someone please guide me through it? It will be mucho appreciated!

Guest hien287

hello all,

I just got the moto q. it is an awesome smartphone. the reason i got it is because i was tired ot paying my provider hard earned cash to download low-grade video games on my phone. anyway I heard of pocket nester. I was so excieted. I went to download pocketnester 7 for my q and it said the it did not support .CAB files. after much research it was recomenended (also by your forum), to download pocket nester plus. when i went through the download, i unzipped the file and it stated it was not a valid WIN32 application. I have not purchaced a miniSB card yet but I have installed activesync and have updated my phone the newest patches. I have tried other sites, different mirrors for downloads, Etc....... I see online that othe people are havinga ball with the games on there Q's. all i want to do is play the games I grew up with. Any help would be appreciated :(

Guest amazinasianboy
I guess I knew what you mean for "persistant", but I havn't found the reason for the problem yet. And what you mean of "rc pro"?

Sorry, I know little Francais...

It is great if you would like to help with emulator test!

is it possible to dl the pocketnesto while on the blackjack?

Guest dnightshade
hello all,

I just got the moto q. it is an awesome smartphone. the reason i got it is because i was tired ot paying my provider hard earned cash to download low-grade video games on my phone. anyway I heard of pocket nester. I was so excieted. I went to download pocketnester 7 for my q and it said the it did not support .CAB files. after much research it was recomenended (also by your forum), to download pocket nester plus. when i went through the download, i unzipped the file and it stated it was not a valid WIN32 application. I have not purchaced a miniSB card yet but I have installed activesync and have updated my phone the newest patches. I have tried other sites, different mirrors for downloads, Etc....... I see online that othe people are havinga ball with the games on there Q's. all i want to do is play the games I grew up with. Any help would be appreciated ;)

Save file on computer. transfer file to mini sd per instructions by MASTERALL. open file on phone. i just did it Masterall really is the master of all!! just saved me from a life of boredom.

Guest spaztaz

could someone possibly post the .cab file? i ask because i am on a macbook pro and can only install files via BT (.cab files). i would be very grateful, thanks! ;)

Guest williev

Never mind! I guess I did not do enough reading regarding tgetfile! Sorry

Hello Everyone,

I have a cingular 8125. I've installed PocketNesterPlus on it. The app itself executes just fine but when I attempt to open a ROM, I get distorted lines at the bottom of my display and then the app closes. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by williev