Orange SPV M600 hit the shelves?

Guest Brody

Guest simonclark123

I believe that the reason the processor speed is not an issue for some people is simply down to what they need to use the phone for.

For my purposes, it's way too slow.

Also, for many people who try and use Skype, TomTom etc, it seems to be too slow unless you mess about overclocking the processor.

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest jimbouk

I had an M500 and now have an Imate JAMin - it may be the Imate rom, but the JAMin is plenty fast enough for my needs (and is only about 5% slower than the m500).

It makes a huge difference if you switch off the sounds and notifications on screen taps and the like (about 15% better response) as it removes the need for the device to find and play a wav file every time you do anything!

Having said that I am going to get a 3100 and depending on how I get on with that I might go for the Trinity next.

Guest carlosp_uk
It seems to be too slow unless you mess about overclocking the processor.

Just to address this issue briefly. I too upgraded from M500 to M600 and I don't regret it at ALL.

Yes, you DO have to overclock the processor to get it to be acceptably fast, but this doesn't involve much "messing about" as you put it. In fact go to xda developers, prophet forum, search and download the excellent 'Batterystatus' todayscreen plugin, and you're done.

I use the phone for:

- Tom Tom

- Stereo music over bluetooth (A2DP)

- Wifi sync of IMAP email & web browsing.

- Pocket Music with 4Gb SD card.

- Cheap thrills syncing music on WMP & outlook contact photos.

...and with the processor overclocked, I promise you the speed is comparable to the M500, it really is. The only serious drawback that makes me mad is that Microshaft have disabled Activesync over wifi so they can flog more crap Exchange servers but that's a whole new thread.

Don't be put off, folks, from a power-user: upgrade & overclock.

Carlos

'===========

PS: Overclock CAREFULLY; read the forum notes and don't go beyond 260Mhz

PPS: If you're STILL having speed issues , as others have mentioned: turn off sounds, install a 'close apps' program or just install less stuff! Something like Pocketplus 3 can really grind things to a halt.

PPPS: Ill try to test skype & let u know