I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest DANNYPRO45

Hi.... every one ..

at this movement my SP in dead...

the display is as follow's

the screen is on all the time and displays four colours

red/green/blue/white

none of the keys work - if take the battry off and put it it back on the same prob still is there...

any help would appricated....

it has been 20days now ...i still have not been able to get my phone back online....

Guest delta9

this update has killed my phone!

it updated to 71%, then the program inwindows just disappeared, and the phone hung at 71%

Turned phone off - now it wont turn back on - any ideas? or is my phone now fried?

(if i connect to a charger / usb the orange light doesnt come on at all either)

- silly thing is my phone was fine and i dont even use email lol argh

Guest Paul [MVP]
Hi.... every one ..

at this movement my SP in dead...

the display is as follow's

the screen is on all the time and displays four colours

red/green/blue/white

none of the keys work - if take the battry off and put it it back on the same prob still is there...

any help would appricated....

it has been 20days now ...i still have not been able to get my phone back online....

Simply re-run the update and you should be back in business.

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
this update has killed my phone!

it updated to 71%, then the program inwindows just disappeared, and the phone hung at 71%

Turned phone off - now it wont turn back on - any ideas? or is my phone now fried?

(if i connect to a charger / usb the orange light doesnt come on at all either)

- silly thing is my phone was fine and i dont even use email lol argh

The update is still worth it if you don't use email.

However, your problem should only occur if the bootloader of the phone gets screwed, which shouldn't happen at 71% through an update!

I have to admit, sounds like you're in trouble tho ;)

P

Guest delta9

oh well ;) they need to fix this update i tihnk as my phone had 100% battery and everything was ok

now its just off, thats it... gutted

Edited by delta9

Guest leobg
Put a file in the My Documents/TomTom folder on your phone (not card). Any file will do. TomTom will start normal. After that you can delete the file in the folder since TomTom put it's info there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

I was just going to post update on my problem - yes - I was missing the file in My Documents\TomTom (CurrentMap.dat) (I forgot it got deleted during update as it was in phone memory. Everything is back to normal.

Somebody suggested to turn bluetooth on before start TomTom. On my phone this is not necessary - TT engages bluetooth just fine (exactly as before).

I have to say everything is smooth so far. I am stunned with the improvement IE has! Renders huge pages very fast, FRAMES(!), nothing more to be desired!

I have the feeling MIDI playback got better compared to before. Anyone else mentioned this?

Guest Kalun47

I am confused as to which ROM to download. RUS is probabl the Russian Rom. What the heck is NRE and WWE? I downloaded the NRE verision and I am in the United States. Should I go ahead and download the WWE verision?

Guest liquidsg

Is anybody having problems with the G indicator. I couldn't see it at all after I updated and even after the little hack to show the E, I did not see anything. Any ideas?

Guest phanzal
;) sp5/sp5m

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I get it. Thanks

In my drawer there is my old C500. Some how I managed to install ROM Qtek 2.2.32.23 which is not for this device. It works - but not all. Joystick - Enter and all dirrectional keys do not work at all. I tried many times to install any other ROM over this one. It looks like install process is working, it takes ten or so minutes, but after reboot there is again Qtek 2.2.32.23 - I think it is there forever. Any ideas? If not, at least I have spare battery for my new 8310... ;)

Guest stesa
;) sp5/sp5m

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

i see two SP5m WWE version , 2.5.331xxx and 2.6.331xxx , who know the difference ?

Edited by stesa

Guest roma0803

Take the highest build, 2.6.331xxx There was a minor issue with the 2.5.xxx build. The website links to the 2.6 build so take that one.

Edited by roma0803

Guest stesa
Take the highest build, 2.6.331xxx There was a minor issue with the 2.5.xxx build. The website links to the 2.6 build so take that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks , i did it , its pretty , but anyone know the difference ?

edit : ok thanks

Edited by stesa

Guest djbressler
1) New Tool in the Accessories folder:

USB Switch

It allows you to Change the ActiveSync mode between Serial, and RNDIS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey!

So, does anyone else's USB switch go back to RNDIS each time the phone is rebooted? Is there any way to keep it set to Serial?

Thanks,

DAvid

Guest rsearley
Hey!

So, does anyone else's USB switch go back to RNDIS each time the phone is rebooted? Is there any way to keep it set to Serial?

Thanks,

DAvid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was going to ask the same question...

i had a quick look through the registry, but have not found anything

bit of a pain, but not as bad as not being able to sync!

Guest YLA G

think i gone be asking a stupid question.. but i am a newbie here so 8)

does this pack also have the Dutch language interface?

(have a qtek 8310)

Guest roma0803
think i gone be asking a stupid question.. but i am a newbie here so 8)

does this pack also have the Dutch language interface?

(have a qtek 8310)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers ;)

Welcome to the forums YLA G.

Yes, both the NRE and WWE ROM have the Dutch language, both for system and T9. NRE has also more of the Nordic languages.

Guest tyrone

i installed this on my t mobile usa sda and i dont see mms anymore? i only see text and outlook email in messaging. anyone experience this?

Guest niacin65

I downloaded NRE 2.5.333.1 for my sp5, and my WiFi range is WAY better. Much stronger signal strength and longer distance. Thanks I-Mate!!