I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest leo-balou

New ROM is great!

Not too sure whether this is new but before I could never attach to my corporate WIFI network as it uses 128bit encrytion - now I can!! ;)

Guest catpunt
i installed this on my t mobile usa sda and i dont see mms anymore? i only see text and outlook email in messaging. anyone experience this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do the media keys and the joystick work ok? I'm debating updating my SDA...

Guest tyrone
Do the media keys and the joystick work ok?  I'm debating updating my SDA...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi works for me!!! like the new rom! not going back to TMOBILE version! ;)

Guest rklosinski
oh well ;) they need to fix this update i tihnk as my phone had 100% battery and everything was ok

now its just off, thats it... gutted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My upgrade went like yours... phone dead. Pressing the power button did nothing. So, I held the camera button down, plugged in the usb cable, then I got the boot screen. For some reason, I did this about 20times before it worked. Dont ask why I kept trying... its like give mouth-to-mounth to my phone... just could not give up on it (and the $500+ it cost).

Anyway, after that, I ran the update, and all is good.

Rich

Edited by rklosinski

Guest roma0803

Comm Manager doesn't close anymore as it did before with the old ROM. It stays active in memory. Strange change, or can we call this a bug?

Guest schriss
Comm Manager doesn't close anymore as it did before with the old ROM. It stays active in memory. Strange change, or can we call this a bug?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that when keyboard is locked, every touch to the joypad lights the backlight :?:

Guest roma0803
I think that when keyboard is locked, every touch to the joypad lights the backlight  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wasn't so? Good thing the display suspends again in 10 secs.

Guest tyrone

On the first page it says "Bluetooth Beaming from file manager has now been improved (more reliable and faster)."

I dont see the option to beam files in file manager... Anyone???

Guest shadamehr
On the first page it says "Bluetooth Beaming from file manager has now been improved (more reliable and faster)."

I dont see the option to beam files in file manager...  Anyone???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the file you wish to send, bring up the menu, then choose:

5 Send...

2 Beam...

And voila. (the search includes BT as well as IR devices mate).

And might I add, this has ALWAYS been here, long before the new ROM - all the new ROM allegedly does, is make it more reliable...

Guest zaltar

Has this update disabled streaming in TCPMP for anyone else? Any time I try to open up a mp3 stream it fails with "Could not open URL!"...streaming works in WMP and worked before the update. It fails for me in version .71 and .72RC1 of TCPMP....

Guest mullema

This may be an obvious question but what exactly does this new feature mean:

"Car Kit interface: Address book sync can now be performed to car kits." - does this mean the address book will sync over Bluetooth with the 2006 Audi A4 that has a bluetooth kit in it or are they referring to some other "car kit"?

Thanks,

Matt

Guest thenext1
And might I add, this has ALWAYS been here, long before the new ROM - all the new ROM allegedly does, is make it more reliable...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not that now it's a champion of stability!! 1st time I tried it to my desktop PC, it froze the file manager and forced to terminate and to turn off bluetooth...... not exactly what I call stability

Guest shadamehr
Not that now it's a champion of stability!! 1st time I tried it to my desktop PC, it froze the file manager and forced  to terminate and to turn off bluetooth...... not exactly what I call stability

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be the word ALLEGEDLY then, yes?

Guest Disco Stu

Allegedly = presunto ;)

Shadamehr "all the new ROM allegedly does, is make it more reliable..."

Il Shadamehr "tutta la nuova ROM presunto, è lo rendono più certo..."

(If WorldLingo.com is correct, of course)

Guest shadamehr
plz help me, I don't understand what you answerd..... (i'm italian) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was pointing out that I had used the word ALLEGEDLY to show that I meant it had SUPPOSEDLY/ALLEGEDLY been resolved - and that I therefore was not PROMISING it.

So when you said its still not very stable, I was drawing your attention to the fact that I had as much as said this myself.

Sorry, it does rather get confused in the translation/clash of languages, yes.

Guest thenext1
Allegedly = presunto  ;)

Shadamehr "all the new ROM allegedly does, is make it more reliable..."

Il Shadamehr "tutta la nuova ROM presunto, è lo rendono più certo..."

(If WorldLingo.com is correct, of course)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ehm.....well.....ooooooooooook (me writes a note on the ToDo list: avoid WorldLingo for translations)

anyway I now understand perfectly.

the correct literal translation would be: "tutto quello che la nuova ROM fa, è di renderlo più affidabile..."

;)