T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Danlance

For those who have gone onto the orange Donkey package (Shademehr, Confucious etc) - what kind of monthly spend did you have with orange prior to upgrading - and did you get a phone upgrade aswell?

Is this package an upgrade only package? - can't see anything about it on the orange site ;)

How did you get a 50% discount? T-Mobile employee perks?

Yeah, 50% off for life on any tariff they ever bring out.

If you know someone who works at t-mobile or work there yourself you can be put on it.

I actually got mine as 'restetution' for a t-mobile f*** up, and about a month later i started working on the t-mobile contract for my job and the guys i worked with offered to put me on it. I thought damn i should have asked for money instead!

Guest Swampie
Hmm employee call was disconitnued some time ago and replaced with a 'current employee only' plan as far as i know.  Can you confirm that its still there (it should be on your intranet), then i can email some of my friends at T-mobile and get this sorted!

The person who got me the employee call have left now for higher paid jobs  ;)  but i still know alot of people there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's now called "Friends and relatives discount" - although it appears as Employee Discount on your plan/bill.

I got it on my account - as far as I know - it remains on your account forever unless the Direct Debit gets cancelled. 50% discount for life. Upgrades at the standard price (no weighting for low usage etc). Can downgrade after 3 months. I think that's about all.

It's now called "Friends and relatives discount" - although it appears as Employee Discount on your plan/bill.

I got it on my account - as far as I know - it remains on your account forever unless the Direct Debit gets cancelled.  50% discount for life.  Upgrades at the standard price (no weighting for low usage etc).  Can downgrade after 3 months.  I think that's about all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it used to be called Employee Call, and yeah you have to pay by direct debit, or they send you an SMS, after 7 days they cancel it if you don't fix it.

They stopped it a couple of years ago for some realllly cheap employee only tariff - they must have started it up again. The only problem is if you want to have a business line. One CS told me you can't have Employee Call on business lines, another told me you have to apply all over again.

I'll find out from my friends in the NOC on monday i guess.

Guest Danlance

For those of us who are after a phone which is not currently available online:

I popped into my local t-mobile store yesterday afternoon, and they confirmed the following:

• The 25% discount for life is available in store
  • They had plenty of stock of varios (with or without Copilot) (as well as a lot of other phones)
  • The new web and walk tarrifs would be availalable from today (saturday)

I'm not sure if that is just my local store - or whether it is the same across the board - probably worth giving a call if you plan on going...

Guest Pagemakers

Well the plot thickens about the new business WnW plans.

Just been back into my local TMobile store and was shown a confidential document about business WnW. It was rather complicated but this is the gist of it.

Available from mid April.

Cost: £8.50+Vat for the bundle. The guy in store said this is in addition to your existing WnW tariff. I said I thought it was an either/or option and he said no. I'm still not convinced he's correct. The document didn't list any Flext + WnW Pro packages whatsoever so maybe he is right.....

The document stated that the business WnW was up to 6 times faster than regular WnW.

There were several other options too. The data card on 12/18 month tariffs. Cost was £20 or £17 per month. Data card £50 or free with new connections. Cost also INCLUDES 12 months of free T-Mobile hotspot wifi access across the UK and unlimited data downloads.

Sadly he wouldn't let me photocopy the document. It was about 10 pages long.

If it includes wifi access then i'm sold. I wouldn't pay anywhere close to their current WiFi access prices. Its just insane considering the VERY limited coverage.

So what your saying is that its 8.50 + vat on top of your tarriff? Or its 8.50+ vat on top of an existing normal consumer WnW - so on flext 35 for example thats £35 + 7.50 + (850+vat) = 52.50?

I assume that on the business one they give you a spereate APN, which is provisioned on the SGSN to allow you more upload/download slots than the normal one.

Guest Pagemakers
If it includes wifi access then i'm sold.  I wouldn't pay anywhere close to their current WiFi access prices.  Its just insane considering the VERY limited coverage.

So what your saying is that its 8.50 + vat on top of your tarriff?  Or its 8.50+ vat on top of an existing normal consumer WnW - so on flext 35 for example thats £35 + 7.50 + (850+vat) = 52.50?

I assume that on the business one they give you a separate APN, which is provisioned on the SGSN to allow you more upload/download slots than the normal one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It includes TMobiles wifi hotspot access free for 12 months only.

The document was not very clear about how the charges were applied. I thought the Pro was instead of the regular WnW, but the guy in the shop says its in addition to.

Guest rockykabir
For those of us who are after a phone which is not currently available online:

I popped into my local t-mobile store yesterday afternoon, and they confirmed the following:

• The 25% discount for life is available in store

• They had plenty of stock of varios (with or without Copilot) (as well as a lot of other phones)

• The new web and walk tarrifs would be availalable from today (saturday)

I'm not sure if that is just my local store - or whether it is the same across the board - probably worth giving a call if you plan on going...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that mate....its a shame as there aren't any shops in Oxford(!)....I think I'll have to go home sometime soon ;)

Guest Pagemakers
Orange can beat these deals!

I just rang Orange to ask for a PAC code to take my other account to T-Mobile, and a charming young Swedish girl named Orlaif Pol (Swedish? I thought they were all based round the corner from me in Silverlink, Newcastle) astounded me...

According to O, they ALREADY have a plan even better than the T-Mobile offering, that gives 750 anytime any net minutes, 500 free SMS, and 150 free MMS, free voicemail, and reduced International Roaming, and can have what they call "Data User Monthly Bundle" added.

The basic tariff is one of their new Animal Tariffs, but not previously advertised, called the "Donkey" tariff.

Together with this "Data User Monthly Bundle" add on, it costs a mere £24.50 per month, and is only a 12 month contract tariff!

Excellent news - if only Orange advertised this better!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Donkey Tarrif my ass (ass - get it).

When I left Orange after 10 years today I wasn't offered a Donkey!

Guest Swampie

I just rang Orange to ask for a PAC code to take my other account to T-Mobile, and a charming young Swedish girl named Orlaif Pol (Swedish? I thought they were all based round the corner from me in Silverlink, Newcastle) astounded me...

According to O, they ALREADY have a plan even better than the T-Mobile offering, that gives 750 anytime any net minutes, 500 free SMS, and 150 free MMS, free voicemail, and reduced International Roaming, and can have what they call "Data User Monthly Bundle" added.

The basic tariff is one of their new Animal Tariffs, but not previously advertised, called the "Donkey" tariff.

Together with this "Data User Monthly Bundle" add on, it costs a mere £24.50 per month, and is only a 12 month contract tariff!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wrote a big reply about this, getting all worked up and saying how I couldn't imagine this to be true, but then I gave up and just wrote this instead.

You just managed to get it in within the time limit didn't you though!!

The Future's Bright, the Future's a Donkey. ;)

Brilliant - just brilliant.

Guest rockykabir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!

I guess a lot of people are forgetting what time of the year it is(!)

Guest shadamehr

Data User Monthly Bundle = D.U.M.B.

"Donkey" tariff = Donkey (or even Ass!) reader

Orlaif Pol = April Fool

Sorry guys - did you REALLY think Orange could come anywhere near what T-Mobile now offer - not likely!

*lol*

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Syphon Filter

Orlaif Pol = April Fool

Sorry guys - did you REALLY think Orange could come anywhere near what T-Mobile now offer - not likely!

*lol*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate you!!

But I love my new Vario with WnW Flext35 with 25% off for life!!!

Whats more...I even called Orange to ask about this so called Donkey :oops:

Good one shadamehr!! Had me for a minute...(I honestly didnt think I was that gullible!!)...

Oh well...all I have to say is:

So long orange!!! Hopefully by the end of the week my number will have ported across...

Guest shadamehr
I hate you!!

But I love my new Vario with WnW Flext35 with 25% off for life!!!

Good one shadamehr!! Had me for a minute...(I honestly didnt think I was that gullible!!)...

Oh well...all I have to say is:

So long orange!!! Hopefully by the end of the week my number will have ported across...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clearly you never saw my post about my impending Sex Change then either *lol* :

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...12entry728712

Guest Syphon Filter
Clearly you never saw my post about my impending Sex Change then either *lol* :

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...12entry728712

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol,

no i didnt see that post!!

Hrm this Vario is great and all, but I need some tips on setting this thing up right. What are the must have apps etc?

Also how do I tell if I have the latest versions of everything? (such as ROM, updates etc??)

TIA

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest rockykabir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

omg....this had me cracking up. Funniest thing I've read all day!

So what was the Orange CS' response when you were talking about the Donkey tariff? How about the Data User Monthly Bundle? ;) :twisted:

Guest Syphon Filter
omg....this had me cracking up. Funniest thing I've read all day!

So what was the Orange CS' response when you were talking about the Donkey tariff? How about the Data User Monthly Bundle? ;)  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to be of service!!

lol. Well the orange CS girl was all like "i only have 4 animals and a donkey is not one of them!"

So at this point I start to think...then I come back and see the other posts...I feel so silly...

Guest Danlance

Orlaif Pol = April Fool

*lol*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

Its official - I'm a Dumb Ass...

:oops:

lol. Well the orange CS girl was all like "i only have 4 animals and a donkey is not one of them!"

LMFAO! And was it that exact moment it clicked to you?

I swear that quote from the CS girl sounds like a punchline to a joke - i physically burst out laughing here.

Guest Syphon Filter
LMFAO!  And was it that exact moment it clicked to you?

I swear that quote from the CS girl sounds like a punchline to a joke - i physically burst out laughing here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah pretty much...but the first time I actually said "Data User Monthly Bundle" out loud to her (as opposed to in my head) there was a bit of a penny drop too...then as I say when I came back to the forum and saw the other posts it was confirmed...

OT:

Is there a "guide to setting up your Vario" thread on here?

Guest Confucious

Does that mean I won't be getting my Donkey tarifff?......

Have now ordered the W'n'W flext35 for £31.88/month with £180 usage allowance a month and unlimited data access - surely that makes all tehe other networks April fools.

Will put the Compact II + CoPilot up on eBay and all setto use Push email on my Exec when AKU2 is released on the 10th.

I am a happy man.

And shad expects us to believe him when he says he's NOT having a sex change op... ;)

Guest shadamehr
Does that mean I won't be getting my Donkey tarifff?......

Have now ordered the W'n'W flext35 for £31.88/month with £180 usage allowance a month and unlimited data access - surely that makes all tehe other networks April fools.

Will put the Compact II + CoPilot up on eBay and all setto use Push email on my Exec when AKU2 is released on the 10th.

I am a happy man.

And shad expects us to believe him when he says he's NOT having a sex change op... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No seriously... I'll be a happy MAN too come Monday or Tuesday when my MDA Pro arrives on Unlimited Data Tariff (that's UDT, NOT DUMB).

And a happy MAN long into the future folks *lol*

I can't beleive I've actually managed to come up with a half decent Orlaif Pol (oops, I mean April Fool) for once in my life...

Apologies to all those who fell for it, and rest assured, there is nothin to fear - I am SURE T-Mobile have a great deal to suit you!

Thanks for being such good sports - especially that wise old man Confucious, who cottoned on early, but played along... At least I assume he did... Be interesting to hear that he is really going to inherit a DONKEY from Orange *lol*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.