T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pagemakers

Well the plot thickens about the new business WnW plans.

Just been back into my local TMobile store and was shown a confidential document about business WnW. It was rather complicated but this is the gist of it.

Available from mid April.

Cost: £8.50+Vat for the bundle. The guy in store said this is in addition to your existing WnW tariff. I said I thought it was an either/or option and he said no. I'm still not convinced he's correct. The document didn't list any Flext + WnW Pro packages whatsoever so maybe he is right.....

The document stated that the business WnW was up to 6 times faster than regular WnW.

There were several other options too. The data card on 12/18 month tariffs. Cost was £20 or £17 per month. Data card £50 or free with new connections. Cost also INCLUDES 12 months of free T-Mobile hotspot wifi access across the UK and unlimited data downloads.

Sadly he wouldn't let me photocopy the document. It was about 10 pages long.

Guest shenson
There were several other options too. The data card on 12/18 month tariffs. Cost was £20 or £17 per month. Data card £50 or free with new connections. Cost also INCLUDES 12 months of free T-Mobile hotspot wifi access across the UK and unlimited data downloads.

Sounds interesting. Wonder what the tariff difference is. Unlimited or even more unlimited? ;)

Guest Confucious
Sounds interesting. Wonder what the tariff difference is. Unlimited or even more unlimited?  ;)

You got it shenson. It is "even more unlimited" in the fact that it removes the few minor restrictions (the main one being laptop usage) of the £7.50 plan.

And shademehr - it was a good one. I wonder how many calls O got about the Donkey plan? I was almost fooled....

Guest Syphon Filter

well guys I have had my vario since yesterday. got it mostly set up how I want and I must say its totally bitchin! I'm posting this off it while on the dlr in london on the way to see the missus! genius!!!! tmobile I love you. can't wait for the hermes/vario II!!!!

This is truly how mobile comms should be.

Does anyone know what the score with leaving messenger signed in is? is it liable to suck up bandwidth and lead to a slapped wrist?

Guest webcash

I doubt you would use much more than 10 meg a month if you left it idling all the time and thats probably pessimistic.It certainly isnt going to earn you a slap on the wrist

Peter

Guest FragMeister

I have just called T-Mob CS to move from one of the old Relax plans onto a Flext tariff, but then CS told me that I could not also move from my current Internet add-n onto the new WnW [unlimited] one, and that I would need to call up again on the 20th (my bill date) to change this. If I had asked to be put onto the WnW "Data User Monthly Bundle" FIRST and then changed my tariff i would have been able to change to the new data bundle straight away. DOH!

re: Syphon Filters query about MSN Messenger - this only uses a small amount of data, so you should not have a problem - apart from the GPRS connection eating away at the battery life.

Guest Twain

So, on the my t-mobile website its still saying status of the web'n'walk bundle is off, whats the score with this, does it mean its still not activated? just don't wanna go on gprs and rack up a huge bill thinking it's all free!

Guest sikittle
So, on the my t-mobile website its still saying status of the web'n'walk bundle is off, whats the score with this, does it mean its still not activated? just don't wanna go on gprs and rack up a huge bill thinking it's all free!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've read in the "fair use" paragraph for WnW unlimited that is now on T-Mobile website, that certain activities are not going to be allowed on WnW, specially, any audio / video streaming, any using it as a laptop modem, and internet based telephony.

Well the laptop modem and using VOIP would be two of the best things about this deal.

Does anyone know how this is going to work? Are they firewalling the connection at all? Has anyone managed to get a VOIP client to work? I've seen a 2 Gb limit talked of - how have people come ot that conclusion.

I rang up O2 to cancel my contract and they offered a pretty good deal (excepting any data) - like 500 anynet mins + 500 txts for £20 a month, plus £100 credit on my account and only a 12 month contract - all that despite me still having almost 2 months left before it expires.

If the unlimited data on this WnW tarrif really definately can't be used for any of the stuff they mention I'm thinking I won't bother switching after all cos most of the bens they've taken away. Especailly as T-Mobile coverage isn't the greatest etc, etc.

Anyone have an experience yet of them blocking services or whatever?

Guest Fleabag
I have just called T-Mob CS to move from one of the old Relax plans onto a Flext tariff, but then CS told me that I could not also move from my current Internet add-n onto the new WnW [unlimited] one, and that I would need to call up again on the 20th (my bill date) to change this. If I had asked to be put onto the WnW "Data User Monthly Bundle" FIRST and then changed my tariff i would have been able to change to the new data bundle straight away. DOH!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've fed you a load of rubbish mate. You might not be able to move plan until your bill date but you CAN add or remove a bundle at ANY time. Note if you have a 12 month contract and not an 18 month you will not be able to move onto Flext.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe if you called 150, option 1-1-2 to check your allowances it might mention the data bundle on there to confirm if it's active? Or just call CS and ask.

Guest Pagemakers
I've read in the "fair use" paragraph for WnW unlimited that is now on T-Mobile website, that certain activities are not going to be allowed on WnW, specially, any audio / video streaming, any using it as a laptop modem, and internet based telephony.

Well the laptop modem and using VOIP would be two of the best things about this deal.

Does anyone know how this is going to work?  Are they firewalling the connection at all?  Has anyone managed to get a VOIP client to work?  I've seen a 2 Gb limit talked of - how have people come ot that conclusion.

I rang up O2 to cancel my contract and they offered a pretty good deal (excepting any data) - like 500 anynet mins + 500 txts for £20 a month, plus £100 credit on my account and only a 12 month contract - all that despite me still having almost 2 months left before it expires.

If the unlimited data on this WnW tarrif really definately can't be used for any of the stuff they mention I'm thinking I won't bother switching after all cos most of the bens they've taken away.  Especailly as T-Mobile coverage isn't the greatest etc, etc.

Anyone have an experience yet of them blocking services or whatever?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can confirm both laptop and voip work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup i can confim both work too. although voip is very choppy as expected - unusable.

Guest shenson
You got it shenson. It is "even more unlimited" in the fact that it removes the few minor restrictions (the main one being laptop usage) of the £7.50 plan.

I meant what was the difference between £20 and £17. Though re-reading it it looks like £20 is the 12 month plan and £17 the 18 month plan.

If that is for a 3G laptop data card this is just getting silly. I spend more than that on the old Orange ED50+access pack with its 10MB FUP. In fact I'd be spending more than that for "Pro" (assuming £8.50 + VAT) and SIM only!

Guest Pagemakers
Yup i can confim both work too.  although voip is very choppy as expected - unusable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disagree. On my 3G device the quality is perfect.

Guest FragMeister
They've fed you a load of rubbish mate. You might not be able to move plan until your bill date but you CAN add or remove a bundle at ANY time. Note if you have a 12 month contract and not an 18 month you will not be able to move onto Flext.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just logged into My T-Mobile, and under the "Additional allowances and services" section it says:

You have a pending price plan change. This means you will not be able to change your additional allowances and services until the new price plan takes effect.

Were I to call CS, would they be able to do anything about it prior to my next billing date??

I did check that by changing from one of the old Relax tariffs to a Flext one that I would not be signing myself up for another 12 months - she said that I would not be, as I am now "out of contract", having had my Compact since Feb 2005.

Fleabag: If she mis-led me on being able to add the WnW additional bundle, should I be worried about whether I *have* signed myself up for another year?

Guest Fleabag
I just logged into My T-Mobile, and under the "Additional allowances and services" section it says:

You have a pending price plan change. This means you will not be able to change your additional allowances and services until the new price plan takes effect.

Were I to call CS, would they be able to do anything about it prior to my next billing date??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! They can click "Delete Pending Plan Change", add the bundle, re-add the price plan change. It would take a minute at most for them to do, I don't understand why they didn't offer to do that already!

I did check that by changing from one of the old Relax tariffs to a Flext one that I would not be signing myself up for another 12 months - she said that I would not be, as I am now "out of contract", having had my Compact since Feb 2005.

Fleabag: If she mis-led me on being able to add the WnW additional bundle, should I be worried about whether I *have* signed myself up for another year?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry! Did not mean to cause alarm. Changing plan will never extend your contract whether you are in or out of commitment. Unless of course it is an offer from a retention team or a direct mailing offer you accept with those conditions. What I meant was that if you signed onto a 12 month contract - you cannot change to a Flext plan - but this is the case ONLY if you are inside your commitment period. I forgot to mention that, as not many people are. ;) You certainly can change to Flext (as you obviously know) and it will not extend your commitment.

Edited by Fleabag

Guest rockykabir

I'm all ready to join you guys with my unlimited data ;)...Just put my MDA Compact on ebay, my contract will finish in a few days, and I'm gonna sign up for Flext+WnW. But, there are no Vario's in stock in the online store(!).....Anyone have any idea when they will be?

A bit cheeky to ask this, but is there anyone friendly to add me to the Friends and Relatives discount? :( PMs well appreciated ;)

See you at the other side(!)

Edited by rockykabir

Guest Syphon Filter
I'm all ready to join you guys with my unlimited data ;)...Just put my MDA Compact on ebay, my contract will finish in a few days, and I'm gonna sign up for Flext+WnW. But, there are no Vario's in stock in the online store(!).....Anyone have any idea when they will be?

A bit cheeky to ask this, but is there anyone friendly to add me to the Friends and Relatives discount? :( PMs well appreciated ;)

See you at the other side(!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try your local T-Mobile store dude. I went to mine on saturday and they had plenty in stock.

Guest shadamehr

Damn, it seems that once again Fleabag (I think it was him that mentioned it) was right - any orders placed on Friday, when the website got updated, were still only PROCESSED by T-Mob on Saturday, when their own actual systems went live, as my MDA PRO has not arrived today, as a Friday order would have resulted in, but instead must be coming tomorrow, which a Saturday order would amount to.

Just checking though - has anyone who raised an order on Friday, when the new site went live, had their handset arrive today?

Guest pjam001

Just ordered a mda compact II without Copilot on wnw flext 25. This proves that the other phones are available, just not listed on the web.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

Edited by pjam001

Guest bashi007
Just ordered a mda compact II without Copilot on wnw flext 25.  This proves that the other phones are available, just not listed on the web.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest bashi007

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great to hear that it works on the laptop, i will be ordering mine MDA pr0 on flext 30 with web N Walk, sounds like a good deal. Moving away from orange. This might be a silly question, buthow do you connect to laptop for internet, via infra red or bluettoth? and is therer any settings needed for the laptop in order to use the phone as a modem. I would probably go the Web N Walk Pro when it is released.

Thanks guys.

Guest shadamehr
Just ordered a mda compact II without Copilot on wnw flext 25.  This proves that the other phones are available, just not listed on the web.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct - as already mentioned on here - if you choose the Flext ONLY option, then ADD the bundle, the choice of phones listed is much greater - clearly, it is simply a T-Mobile site issue, or the way they wish to subsidise a certain range of handsets.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.