T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gdmorton
Damn, it seems that once again Fleabag (I think it was him that mentioned it) was right - any orders placed on Friday, when the website got updated, were still only PROCESSED by T-Mob on Saturday, when their own actual systems went live, as my MDA PRO has not arrived today, as a Friday order would have resulted in, but instead must be coming tomorrow, which a Saturday order would amount to.

Just checking though - has anyone who raised an order on Friday, when the new site went live, had their handset arrive today?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, new here ;)

I ordered my Mda Pro on friday and when i spoke to CS this morning they told me that the order had generated an error on their side as the new plans were not supposed to be up till the 1st, said it had been put through today and delivery would be by 1pm tuesday.

So i guess this confirms your problem.

Gareth

Guest pjam001

Yeh! I had noticed the various other hand sets were available when adding wnw as a bundle but just wanted to confirm that there was no problem taking one these OTHER hand sets on the combined wnw Flext tarrif.

Guest andybarker
Yup i can confim both work too.  although voip is very choppy as expected - unusable.

Hi,

Can you tell us how you managed to do this. I thought I should be able to do this with Bluetooth between the laptop and Vario I have, but not managed to get it to dial out properly.

Guest tsutton

If you had the choice - which is better

T-Mobile MDA Pro

OR

T-Mobile Vario

And Why?

Something to consider:

* I text a lot as I am deaf

* I don't use phone calls (but is useful if I need to have my friend call for me)

* Playable Games is a must

* TomTom have to work.

I am leaning toward Vario as it's more lighter to carry, but if the MDA Pro offers something better I may consider it.

Oh and quick question... does both of them have a touch screen with a pen?

Thanks. ;)

Guest Swampie
If you had the choice - which is better

T-Mobile MDA Pro

OR

T-Mobile Vario

And Why?

Something to consider:

* I text a lot as I am deaf

* I don't use phone calls (but is useful if I need to have my friend call for me)

* Playable Games is a must

* TomTom have to work.

I am leaning toward Vario as it's more lighter to carry, but if the MDA Pro offers something better I may consider it.

Oh and quick question... does both of them have a touch screen with a pen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go for the Vario. The only practical differences between the two are:

1) Pro has larger screen (physically and resolution - 640x480 vs 320x240) - although the vario is certainly not too small for TomTom (which I use on my Vario).

2) Pro is 3G - but if you're not after high speed internet, then that's fine - you still get GPRS + WiFi on the Vario

3) Pro has faster processor - but I understand that most games are okay on the Vario

They both have a touch screen + stylus, although the Vario's is a smaller, extending one, but once you get used to it's size, it's fine.

The Vario isn't huge, but it is chunky, larger than my old C500 and I'd certainly not want anything larger than that.

Unless there's a feature of the Pro you need, then I'd go for the Vario.

Guest Confucious

And I'd say exactly the opposite!

The Pro has a great keyboard, larger screen, has 3G and is faster. The only advantage I can see of the vario is that it's smaller and some people prefer it if they make a lot of phone calls.

3G makes browsing the web a real possibility - GPRS is just too slow.

It is a personal choice but the pro has everything and is a great piece of kit. But, of course, as such it's more expensive.

The choice is yours.

Guest Swampie
And I'd say exactly the opposite!

The Pro has a great keyboard, larger screen, has 3G and is faster. The only advantage I can see of the vario is that it's smaller and some people prefer it if they make a lot of phone calls.

3G makes browsing the web a real possibility - GPRS is just too slow.

It is a personal choice but the pro has everything and is a great piece of kit. But, of course, as such it's more expensive.

The choice is yours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me, I have WiFi at home and at work, so occasionally falling back to GPRS isn't a problem for me. It's fast enough on GPRS when I'm away from free WiFi.

The biggest thing against the Pro for me is it's size. Far too big - prefer not to have to carry a brick around. ;) Oh, and that there's too much plastic around the screen - makes the screen look small/weird. But that's just cosmetics.

Guest tsutton

Thanks... that confirms my thoughts about the Vario.

Looks like I'll be leaving Orange as soon as I confirms that there is a good T-Mobile signal in Wymondham, Norfolk.

Guest funkychicken9000

My dad wants to use his phone as a bluetooth modem to check his emails roughly once a week when he's away from home. He currently does this with his orange tarrif, reckon that he'd be allowed to do this on the flext+WnW tarrif? I know it's against the fair usage policy but seeing as he'd probably be only using ~10mb a month, reckon they'd turn a blind eye?

Guest sikittle
Thanks... that confirms my thoughts about the Vario.

Looks like I'll be leaving Orange as soon as I confirms that there is a good T-Mobile signal in Wymondham, Norfolk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, well when you confirm that can you let me know? My parents live in Silfield and it's important for my phone to work there ;)

Guest shenson

I signed up to the SIM only tariff and I'm waiting to get receive a PIN to access "My T-mobile" and add the bundle. How long does this normally take?

Is there some alternative way of allowing access such as ringing up CS or showing some ID docs at a T-mobile shop?

I'm hoping that asking this kind of thing will have the usual effect of making the PIN get delivered the next day ;)

Edited by shenson

Guest greyt

Tried to move 2 of my phones to the new tariffs today, TMobile won't allow small business accounts on them :-(

Stuck with Orange a little longer....

Guest Perfectionist

Holy Crap !! This is all frikkin exciting !! ;)

Few questions though ......

1) How long is T-mobile gonna keep there 25% discount offer ?

2) If you sign up to a FlexT tarriff and later on decide to upgrade/downgrade the tarriff - do you lose the 25% discount ?

3) Could I upgrade to the new tarriffs now (to take advatage of the 25% discount before it disappears!) but keep my old phone for a couple of months until the Hermes comes out and then upgrade my handset for free ?

4) Anybody here who works for T-mobile willing to become my friend so I can get the 50% "Friends & Family" discount !!! I'll be the bestest friend you could ever have I promise !!!

;)

Guest Confucious

So exciting you posted twice....

I could be wrong but as I understand it:

1) It has been extended to 30/4/06 - I have no idea if it will be extended beyond that.

2) Yes

3) No

4) You are not the first person to ask that - I don't know if the others had any luck or why I never thought to ask ;) Good Luck

I got a Cpmpact II and CoPilot on Flext W'n'W 25 and took the USIM and put it in my Exec. It is a joy to use, this plan with the Universal is the perfect combo for me, I'm loving it!

I will put the phone on eBay and the CoPilot seperatly - if you did that you would have a good chunk of cash to put towards a Hermes (I don't have herpes, I'm just a carrier - sorry, can't help thmking that every time I hear that name, I'm showing my age) when it comes out.

My dad wants to use his phone as a bluetooth modem to check his emails roughly once a week when he's away from home.  He currently does this with his orange tarrif, reckon that he'd be allowed to do this on the flext+WnW tarrif?  I know it's against the fair usage policy but seeing as he'd probably be only using ~10mb a month, reckon they'd turn a blind eye?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If its only email and web, they won't even notice. If he starts downloading huge atachments or files alot of the time, then they might. But even then its unlikely unless you go into hundreds of mb's in a short period (eg. hundreds of megs in a few days)

Tried to move 2 of my phones to the new tariffs today, TMobile won't allow small business accounts on them :-(

Stuck with Orange a little longer....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wierd, they said i could do it, but i need to sort out my employee tariff discount first. On their web page they have exactly the same tariffs in the business section!

They may just be a bit confused about it. Unless you want one of those tariffs where you have xxxxx minutes shared between all the phones on your account. If thats the case, T-Mobile proces suck, try O2 instead.

Guest andybarker
Hi,

Can you tell us how you managed to do this.  I thought I should be able to do this with Bluetooth between the laptop and Vario I have, but not managed to get it to dial out properly.

Figured it out.. I had more than one source of information about this, and found the right one (was dialling *99***# or something similar.)

I am getting similar speeds to a 33k modem.

Guest tsutton
does anyone know when they are gonna have the Vario back in stock on their website?

Buy it from the shops, they have plently in stock.

Guest sikittle
Buy it from the shops, they have plently in stock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went into my local store today - out of stock. Both stores in Cardiff are completely out. And today was their delivery day too, but the guy said none came in.

Guest tsutton
hey, well when you confirm that can you let me know?  My parents live in Silfield and it's important for my phone to work there ;)

Small world...

Guest Stabilo

The T-Mobile Web n' Walk really does look good especially if you have a T-Mobile employee as a friend.

Before I sign up I have a few questions about the hardware I should choose.

Currently have an unlocked Orange SPV M2000. I have approx 4GB of SD cards and main use is watching local & online video clips and general internet use. Option to upgrade with Orange to M600 for

Guest greyt
They may just be a bit confused about it.  Unless you want one of those tariffs where you have xxxxx minutes shared between all the phones on your account.  If thats the case, T-Mobile proces suck, try O2 instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't see it listed under the business section - can you give me a link? Not after anything fancy, just want to move several business phones to the flext package with unlimited internet - don't care about sharing minutes etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.