T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

actually you're right.. i just noticed, WnW isn't there... only straight flext.

Well the business one is suposed to be out 17th april or something.. someone said a bit further up.. but its unclear what the price will be (

Guest Stabilo
The T-Mobile Web n' Walk really does look good especially if you have a T-Mobile employee as a friend.

Before I sign up I have a few questions about the hardware I should choose.

Currently have an unlocked Orange SPV M2000. I have approx 4GB of SD cards and main use is watching local & online video clips and general internet use. Option to upgrade with Orange to M600 for

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

1 - it takes full sized SD cards

2 - There is no Vario Pro

3 - Vario's are not compatible with 802.11g (they are if you flash an i-mate ROM on

4 - Varios take miniSD's

5 - Again, there is no Vario Pro. There are reports that the website is out of Vario's, but some TMob shops have stock of Varios

6 - Only the HTC Universal (MDA Pro), it has a larger higher resolution screen and hardware keypad.

Guest Stabilo
1 - it takes full sized SD cards

2 - There is no Vario Pro

3 - Vario's are not compatible with 802.11g (they are if you flash an i-mate ROM on

4 - Varios take miniSD's

5 - Again, there is no Vario Pro.  There are reports that the website is out of Vario's, but some TMob shops have stock of Varios

6 - Only the HTC Universal (MDA Pro), it has a larger higher resolution screen and hardware keypad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the excellent reply.

1) I am fairly sure that the M600 is only 802.11b but can anyone confirm that it doesn't have a keyboard?

3) Is there a (i-mate) ROM for the M2000 (or the new M600) with 802.11g?

6) It appears MDA Pro was launched Q3 2005, is it 802.11b and is there a ROM for 802.11g?

I think I may have originally been confused between a Vario (Pro) and a MDA Pro.

Guest shenson
They just called back to say that the WnW pro is not available until the 17th April.

Which after an embarassing delay I've realised is a bank holiday, which would seem to be strange day to launch a bundle aimed at businesses...

Guest rizzles
Thanks for the excellent reply.

1) I am fairly sure that the M600 is only 802.11b but can anyone confirm that it doesn't have a keyboard?

3) Is there a (i-mate) ROM for the M2000 (or the new M600) with 802.11g?

6) It appears MDA Pro was launched Q3 2005, is it 802.11b and is there a ROM for 802.11g?

I think I may have originally been confused between a Vario (Pro) and a MDA Pro.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can use 802.11b and g with only a reg edit. you do not need to flash with an imate rom.

Guest Stabilo
you can use 802.11b and g with only a reg edit. you do not need to flash with an imate rom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great news, thanks rizzles.

I am sat here poised with my editor. Can you anyone provide details of the registry edit & which machines does it work with?

Thanks

Guest shadamehr
Great news, thanks rizzles.

I am sat here poised with my editor. Can you anyone provide details of the registry edit & which machines does it work with?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See the link below for the cab file that does this automatically.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....t=vario+802+11g

BUT... a few things to note...

1) it allows 802.11g MODE compatibility, NOT 802.11g speed - that is, it will allow a connection to wireless networks that accept 802.11g ONLY, but it will still only be a theoretic maximum 11Mbps speed. Many people get confused by this, adn think it means fast speeds!

2) slightly digressing, BUT... there is clearly an issue around all of this SOFTWARE-wise, as well as hardware wise... Becuase for me and some other people, as soon as we flash with any of the new ROM's (the long way round about this), that contain the Push Mail updates, I can no longer connect to my home network, no matter what. I have seen this with both I-mate nad Qtek ROMS. And my home router up to now has accepted ANYTHING - two sp5's two pc's a laptop, a XBOX360 and a PSP... it's a Belkin pre-N, with great range, and great compatibility (a .b device connected, doesn't slow the whole network down to .b only). Yet like I say, with the new ROM's I have no wi-fi on it. Soon as I flash old rom, and its fine - so SOFTWARE plays its part here too, not just the hardware.

Guest Stabilo
See the link below for the cab file that does this automatically.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....t=vario+802+11g

BUT... a few things to note...

1) it allows 802.11g MODE compatibility, NOT 802.11g speed - that is, it will allow a connection to wireless networks that accept 802.11g ONLY, but it will still only be a theoretic maximum 11Mbps speed.  Many people get confused by this, adn think it means fast speeds!

2) slightly digressing, BUT... there is clearly an issue around all of this SOFTWARE-wise, as well as hardware wise...  Becuase for me and some other people, as soon as we flash with any of the new ROM's (the long way round about this), that contain the Push Mail updates, I can no longer connect to my home network, no matter what.  I have seen this with both I-mate nad Qtek ROMS.  And my home router up to now has accepted ANYTHING - two sp5's two pc's a laptop, a XBOX360 and a PSP... it's a Belkin pre-N, with great range, and great compatibility (a .b device connected, doesn't slow the whole network down to .b only).  Yet like I say, with the new ROM's I have no wi-fi on it.  Soon as I flash old rom, and its fine - so SOFTWARE plays its part here too, not just the hardware.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers shadamehr.

It's not the speed I want, I need 802.11g for the corporate (g only) network.

I will read through the 5 pages on xda-developers but in the meantime do you know if the cab will work on the Blue Angel (M2000)?

Guest shadamehr
Cheers shadamehr.

It's not the speed I want, I need 802.11g for the corporate (g only) network.

I will read through the 5 pages on xda-developers but in the meantime do you know if the cab will work on the Blue Angel (M2000)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No need to wade through all five pages mate - the download cab is the second or third post in the thread.

And no, it won't work on anything but a Wizard (Vario, K-jam variant).

Guest Pagemakers

Just left Orange today and their retention dept say they would match the Flext tariffs now but not the unlimited data.

Too late. Bye bye orange!

Guest shadamehr
Just left Orange today and their retention dept say they would match the Flext tariffs now but not the unlimited data.

Too late.  Bye bye orange!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the unrestricted world of T-Mobile mate (well, as long as you use the net on your handset ).

Guest elsandalos

I joined T-Mobile in Feb and am on Relax 200 (no longer available it seems) on a 9-months-for-half-price plan. I am currently on a 6MB for

Guest Confucious

Is your data included in the half price deal? If so you can't change, if not you should be able too.

I have signed up to W'n'W flext35 so my data is part of my plan and I get 25% off the lot but can't separate it. I could have signed up for flext35 and got 25% off that then added data at

Guest elsandalos
Is your data included in the half price deal? If so you can't change, if not you should be able to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope - when i took out the plan i didn't have the bundle, but added it later. I appreciate that i can't change my tariff, nor do i want to, but all i can see on the website to do with the unlimited data are these special Flext and Relax tariffs which include the data. Nowhere can i see an 'add data bundle for

Guest shadamehr
Nope - when i took out the plan i didn't have the bundle, but added it later. I appreciate that i can't change my tariff, nor do i want to, but all i can see on the website to do with the unlimited data are these special Flext and Relax tariffs which include the data. Nowhere can i see an 'add data bundle for

Hmm GPRS seems to have slowed to a crawl in my area. I'm near a major airport, 3 major A roads, and a motorway. I've even seen on the government page there's a LOAD of frequencies covering this area. In fact i personally know i'm near one of their main switch sites too.

Looks like the first impact of these tariffs on their network.. although you can expect it to get back to normal once the majority get bored of the unlimited data and run out of things to surf on their phone.

Guest FragMeister

Guest shenson

I'm still waiting to get access to "My T-mobile". After the first PIN took ages to arrive I assumed a delivery hiccup and clicked on the option to send another.

The PIN arrived the next day and wouldnt' work, presumably the newly issued one cancelled it out.

I rang CS to ask about it and the said they'd send another.

Today the second PIN arrived and that didn't work either :P

I'm awaiting to see if a third one will work which might have been from the CS call.

Still maybe the "Pro" version will be around then and I'll just add that straight away ;)

Guest elsandalos

heh,

spoke to a CS person today who said that i couldn't add the unlimited bundle to my current tariff, and that it was specifically tied to the new tariffs... he called me back 5 mins later to say that he was wrong and that he can change my

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.