T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jumphog

While browsing around for a decent replacement for my rubbish Orange talkplan, Ive come across Tmobile's web'n'wlak flext plans. They look to be exactly what im after, but theres a couple of questions I havent been able to get straight answers for from tmobile, hopefully some on here can help!

1. Can I use my treo 650 with this plan? Its on orange at the moment, so it'll need to be unlocked etc, but as its only gprs and not 3g like the currently available phones on the tmobile site will there be a problem? Im guessing not, with the thread title as it is, but id just like to check.

2. Is the fair use limit for the web'n'walk non-pro plans known at the moment? Ive had a look through this thread and the tmobile small print, but if its there ive missed it.

Thanks in advance, if I can end up with internet access that doesnt cost

Guest Confucious

you can use whatever phone you like - I got a free compact 2 and copilot and flogged them on ebay to get some money back.

FUP is basically no VOIP or laptop usage or streaming of data. Apart from that you can do just about anything you want. You needn't worry about data limits on GPRS because, I think, even if you were downloading all day every day, you probablly wouldn't be able to reach it at GPRS speeds.

T have given me unlimited data and more voice mins /texts than I'll ever use at a very good price.

It's great ;)

Guest Perfectionist

Is T-mobile gonna extend their 25% discount offer ???

Wanna wait until the Hermes comes out before starting a new contract .... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stabilo

Now that Unlimited GPRS (UGPRS) is available what are you all using it for?

As I kept my Orange Everyday 50 account I want to ensure I get great value for money for the

Guest jamie290_2
Lets hope CS has cocked up again - 40Mb fair use is not, by any stretch of the imagination, unlimited. If it then costs 1Mb above 40Mb then it is actually 40Mb of data for £7.50, surely????????

i'm currently on t mobile web and walk 100 and i seem to be limited to 40Mb!!!

;)

Guest Stabilo
i'm currently on t mobile web and walk 100 and i seem to be limited to 40Mb!!!

;)

I have used 106 MB in the last 23 days without incurring charges. Well below the 2GB UGPRS monthly limit. I think you should move from WnW 100 to WnW.

Guest kam_

I'm using Fizz Traveler, NewsBreak, Resco Radio (oooh yeah streaming, just to see if they notice), Web, CiceroPhone (VoIP - to see if they notice).

Thats about all i can find that's all that usefull. Come on anyone else using anything decent?

Guest Stabilo
I'm using Fizz Traveler, NewsBreak, Resco Radio (oooh yeah streaming, just to see if they notice), Web, CiceroPhone (VoIP - to see if they notice).

Thats about all i can find that's all that usefull. Come on anyone else using anything decent?

Is the VOIP any good with GPRS?

I have found that even with a 2MB Wireless Broadband connection that Skype on my Wizrard is quite poor. It could just be the poor processor in the Wizard.

Let us know if you get dumped by T-Mobile ;)

Come on guys, any more applications for me to try with GPRS?

Guest kam_

It runs very well actually. I've only tested it for 10 to 15 mins.

I plan to upgrade to the pro one and VPN all the time to my office. That way they won't know what i'm using at all.

Guest Shuflie
Is the VOIP any good with GPRS?

I have found that even with a 2MB Wireless Broadband connection that Skype on my Wizrard is quite poor. It could just be the poor processor in the Wizard.

Let us know if you get dumped by T-Mobile ;)

Come on guys, any more applications for me to try with GPRS?

SBSH Pocketweather - weather forcasts on your today screen

Newsbreak from ilium software - news +RSS reader.

Both free if you join Modaco Plus.

Guest markdotpeters5

Does anyone know if MSN is banned entirely? Was one of my main reasons for wanting this.

Thought it might just be because they didn't want to use the VOIP features, which i'm not fussed about, just want the messaging side of things!

cheers

M

Guest Fleabag
Does anyone know if MSN is banned entirely? Was one of my main reasons for wanting this.

Thought it might just be because they didn't want to use the VOIP features, which i'm not fussed about, just want the messaging side of things!

cheers

M

Any instant messaging software is banned. Although MSN uses a minute amount of data compared to other activites that are possible.

Guest Fleabag
2. Is the fair use limit for the web'n'walk non-pro plans known at the moment? Ive had a look through this thread and the tmobile small print, but if its there ive missed it.

I posted it earlier in this thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.