T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shadamehr
Seeing as we're still a week away from launch date (1st April), I'm not surprised the CSR people haven't necessarily got to understand all the details of the new deals.

Personally, I was told a month ago about the change to (quote) "unlimited data (with a fair use policy

probably around 1GB a month)". So unless things have changed in the last month during testing, I cannot believe they've so drastically reduced the allowance to just 40MB. I suspect 'Greg' was getting it all confused with the current Web'n'Walk allowance - and seeing as the product hasn't officially launched yet, it's possible staff haven't had full training/information yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two problems though...

He SEEMS to know his stuff... in that his mail is very knoweldgeable (we all suspected a web bod had added it too early). But he TWICE mentiones the 40GB fair use cap. Now why mention a cap at all, on an unlimited data tairiff, unless you know about it?

And finally, my email took a good few days to get answered. I suspect this is becasue no one knew, like you say, and thus had to go away and find out the proper answer from those that do know.

I would rather a half attempt at an OWN answer and it be wrong from a bod that has a basic idea only, than an answer from someone with NO CLUE, who checks up properly therefore first - and that's what this reads like...

Guest PayableOnDeath

Damm got my hopes up then with Unlimited

why not just say 7.50 for 40mb ?

40mb isnt really fair use more like restricted use lol

Guest Swampie
Two problems though...

He SEEMS to know his stuff... in that his mail is very knoweldgeable (we all suspected a web bod had added it too early).  But he TWICE mentiones the 40GB fair use cap.  Now why mention a cap at all, on an unlimited data tairiff, unless you know about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A 40GB cap? The sounds great. ;) As you can see - typos can end up in an email/message.

I'll be very surprised if it isn't much larger than 40MB - unless they're just moving the W'n'W allowance into an add-on for the other tariffs. But that isn't what I was told - so we'll just have to see.

Guest PayableOnDeath

lmao just looked on my T-mobile account page and i can add

web 'n' walk option £6.38 Monthly

To.......

My Web 'n' Walk account :mrgreen:

lol, think someone messed up there lol

Guest shadamehr
lmao just looked on my T-mobile account page and i can add

web 'n' walk option        £6.38  Monthly

To.......

My Web 'n' Walk account  :mrgreen:

lol, think someone messed up there lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We KNOW that mate, and have been talking about it on here for days - the ability to add has been on ALL our accounts for a week now, that's what this was all about - as confirmed by the Email I got from T-Mobile.

We already suspected a web bod had added it too soon, and the email confirms that.

thats not right!!!!!!

40MB is unlimited?! makes no sense - unlimited means no limit - no boundries - no walls - no barriers

but then saying 40MB is a limit for unlimited? huh? lol

that really has shocked me right now - oh and so lucky i did not cancel early my orange contract with 4 months to go

At last, smartphones come in to their own!!!!

See ya, Orange. I used to love you but frankly, the last year has been s***. Byyyeeeeee.

Assuming 3G data is included - anyone confirm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - off topic - but I too have been hugely underwhelmed by Orange - they never got my online services to work - but I could pay £1 a min to ring there tech support to sort out there problem! - or not !! They finally left me with a £150 bill that should be £0 and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get Orange customer services to do anything - whoever runs orange I would be seriously worried about employing all those 1000s of CS people who quite frankly seriously do F all. 3 Months of T-Mobile is a complete contrast ... they are great.

Back a bit more on topic - Although £7.50 unlimited seems good really it's nearer £30 isn't it with the monthly package - whereas most of us are paying £13 a month for 40MB (more than enough for me - if I'm sensible)

With regard to the 3G - I'm 99% sure it is - really they prefer you to use 3G - GPRS is a line hogging headache and I bet you'll see few if not no bundled GPRS handsets if they go unlimited - most of us who have tried have found our web n walk sims are 3G (even if the handset we got it with is isn't)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

On the subject of tmob USIM's - i think they have been for a while, the TMob SIM i got with my Magician (MDA Compact) in February last year was a USIM!

The 40MB cap - even if it is true it still wipes the floor with Oranges offerings, £8 only gets you 10MB!

Hopefully the new handsets in June will include the Hermes, as i've mentioned in other threads - Unlimited data + Vario II = no need for a 3G data card!

Guest Pagemakers

Been asked a lot but still not replied here....Is 3G included?

Personally I would say yes because the 3G Nokia N70 is on the W&W phone list so I guess W&W already covers 3G?

I have been an Orange customer for 10 years now and I and fed up to the hind teeth with them. Their coverage is patchy in the UK - driving and my calls always drop after 5 mins. My bills regularly exceed £200 per month although I have only made 200 mins of UK calls and sent about 200 Uk texts. The rest is made up of their ridiculous £28 per MB YESSSSSSSS £28 per MB GPRS roaming charges.

Bye bye Orange - Hello T-Mobile (again)!!

That said, Orange do allow 2 sims per phone number (1 for the phone and one for the PDA). Sadly T-Mobile don't do the same.

Guest Pagemakers

Just written to the T-Mobile Press Office. I'll post a reply here if I get one:

Hello Julie,

Re your press release about the new WnW tariffs: http://www.t-mobilepressoffice.co.uk/press...06-webnwalk.htm

Please can you confirm the following regarding the unlimited £7.50 internet service option:

1) Does this cover 3G browsing?

2) What is the cap of the fair use policy?

3) Does the 25% current discount still apply?

Many thanks for your help.

Guest Crispy
40MB is unlimited?! makes no sense - unlimited means no limit - no boundries - no walls - no barriers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mind you, that is only the name of the plan. An unlimited plan doesn't necesarily mean that it's actually unlimited... I've seen it before on some canadian network... If you ask me, the 40MB cap is most likely correct.

Still, a good deal!

Guest shadamehr

I've sent one off as:

Dear Julie,

I notice the press release about the new Web and Walk tariffs over at: http://www.t-mobilepressoffice.co.uk/press...06-webnwalk.htm

Could you kindly clarify the following regarding the unlimited £7.50 add on bundle option, as the press release makes no mention at all about Fair Use Caps:

1) Does the 25% current discount still apply? i.e can a user get the 25% Life Discount if they add this while taking a new tariff?

2) What is the cap of the fair use policy?

3) Does this cover 3G browsing?

Thank you for any help you can provide, and in anticipation of a speedy response in advance of the launch date.

Xxx Xxxxxxx Xxxx

See if I get anything back too.

I had already replied to my Email from Greg that started all this confusion, asking him to clarify - if I get a reply, I will post that too.

Guest shenson
I have been an Orange customer for 10 years now and I and fed up to the hind teeth with them.  Their coverage is patchy in the UK - driving and my calls always drop after 5 mins. My bills regularly exceed £200 per month although I have only made 200 mins of UK calls and sent about 200 Uk texts.  The rest is made up of their ridiculous £28 per MB YESSSSSSSS £28 per MB GPRS roaming charges.

I'm also fed up with Orange. I'm on ring fenced ED50 with the old access pack because none of the new tariffs since then are of any use to me. The only thing currently worth having is the £1 per day unlimited GPRS option which ironically is PAYG only.

Virgin BTW do £5 per MB GPRS which isn't much good except it is apparently the same price when roaming.

Guest battletank

Surely the company that is the only one to NOT call 1Gb on 3G 'unlimited' is not likely to begin trying to palm us off with a 40Mb service as 'unlimited'.

I'm no expert, but the idea that an unlimited service has a fair use cap of 40Mb seems legally incongruous with T-Mobile's previous Internet offerings, where the majority of 'limited' packages (right upto 1Gb) clearly offer far higher limits than one subsequently marketed as 'unlimited'.

Guest travisb

I think this may be the key paragraph:

"As web ‘n’ walk offers access to the open internet (by way of contrast to traditional “walled garden” WAP services), customers using the web’n’walk service are able to browse the web how they want and are free to log on to whatever websites they choose."

Perhaps this is what they mean by 'unlimited', i.e. no walled garden?

Guest FragMeister
Xxx Xxxxxxx Xxxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shadamehr, what are you doing ending your message with loads of kisses like that! ;) ;) :(

Poor Julie will think you're an old perv! :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Guest samsul

Web 'n' Walk basically means 40MB of data usage per month. Regardless of wheter you are on old Web 'n' Walk tariff or on a bolt on from 1st April.

Talk of 1GB cap has been speculation by web users and in forums alike. T-Mobile has never said the cap will be 1GB. In reality, 40MB is almost like 'unlimited' to most of our users.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Rubbish.

I use push-email, a bit of browsing, messenger, and I could easily hit 40MB.

Therefore, it is NOT unlimited by any stretch of the imagination.

P

Guest Dr Who

Possibly Samsul, but it is also disingenuous to call 40Mb 'unlimited'. 40Mb is 40Mb. When T-Mobile announce 'unlimited' GPRS is it any suprise that forum denizens might assume this means what it says on the tin? £7.50 is cheap for 40Mb, but if that is the offer it should be advertised as such, otherwise I will be on to the Office of Fair Trading.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.