T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Syphon Filter

I'm really confused...it seems that no one knows whats going on with these tariffs and they are supposed to be out and available on saturday?!

1) If we get a Flext Plan and this data bundle will I get 25% off both the bundle and the Flext for life? (if you get it all during the period that the 25% offer applies.

2) Can we make use of modem functionality or not? The answer is either "yes, but with limits" or a point blank "no you cant do this"

3) As this is a "bundle" can it be cancelled at any time?

Guest pjam001

Now had two phone calls and an email that all confirm that the current 25% off offers will run until 30th April. The guy I just spoke to thought that the additional £7.50 data bundle would not get the discount.

Guest steve_smith

Does anyone know what will happen for us who are already on "traditional" Web'n'Walk? (ie. the bundles T-Mobile were doing last year that have a certain number of minutes voice, plus 40Mb of data) Do we stay the same, or will our 40Mb instead become unlimited?

Guest Paul [MVP]
Does anyone know what will happen for us who are already on "traditional" Web'n'Walk? (ie. the bundles T-Mobile were doing last year that have a certain number of minutes voice, plus 40Mb of data)  Do we stay the same, or will our 40Mb instead become unlimited?

That's the one i'd most like answered! ;)

P

Guest Confucious

I thought it had been answered - If I understand correctly the existing contracts will not change and to get the new add on you will need to change to either a relax or Flex plan.

Guest shenson
I thought it had been answered -

Just because something has been answered doesn't mean it wont be answered differently possibly in red using bigger letters and underlined elsewhere ;)

Just because something has been answered doesn't mean it wont be answered differently possibly in red using bigger letters and underlined elsewhere  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And don't forget if they keep asking the same question they will eventually get the answer they want to hear ;)

to be honest I am actually put of the plan now from reading what people have said.

Fair usage policy is "kicked" in when you are using a fair amount of bandwidth but under the limit

say I need to listen to stream audio for pleasure, or perhaps a good few mates of mine want to send me some audio samples or their new tracks for me to listen to and cant wait till I get home, or I cant use my computer as I may not have an inet connection - then what?

what about for example @ work where I need to check email BUT download attachments such as documents, which can vary in size

the list goes on

Guest Confucious

Tech - if it's not for you, fine.

For me it is just what I wanted at a price which is stageringly low. The restrictions will not affect me as I don't want to stream audio and if you can download more than 1Gb in a month (on a regular basis) then your friends must be sending you some VERY large files.

If you don't want it then no one is forcing you to have it. Me? I'll jump at it ;)

Guest Syphon Filter
to be honest I am actually put of the plan now from reading what people have said.

Fair usage policy is "kicked" in when you are using a fair amount of bandwidth but under the limit

say I need to listen to stream audio for pleasure, or perhaps a good few mates of mine want to send me some audio samples or their new tracks for me to listen to and cant wait till I get home, or I cant use my computer as I may not have an inet connection - then what?

what about for example @ work where I need to check email BUT download attachments such as documents, which can vary in size

the list goes on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not worried about the cap itself really 1gig would be plenty for me. Just the idea of ONLY being able to use the device on its own. That limits things a bit...Being able to get online when in the middle of nowhere on some god forsaken site would be useful if you need to grab something from home or whatever...with the use of a laptop and modem connection...

Fleabag has confirmed that you can use this with a 3G device...so that make it more desirable in that respect...i am really tempted to get a Vario now and then just pay for a comparable 3G device when one is released (selling the Vario of course). I hate this...we are stuckin the middle ground between the last release of devices and the coming of the new set...which may or may not be just around the corner!! That coupled with the questionable state of when these offers will be available until is not making it any easier to decide whether to wait or jump for it now!!

What would be really useful would be the abilty to buy a contract and bundles etc without a device...but then get a new device (for whatever price any new customer would get it for) when it is released...means you can hop on the offers now and hold out for a shiney new toy!! But that will never happen.

Guest shenson
What would be really useful would be the abilty to buy a contract and bundles etc without a device...but then get a new device (for whatever price any new customer would get it for) when it is released...means you can hop on the offers now and hold out for a shiney new toy!! But that will never happen.

I can sympathise with that. I've got several data enabled phones and I don't really have any need for another one. I don't have a 3G device so that would be useful but there are only two available direct at present.

You could always try the SIM only deal and see if you can add the bundle to that. Yes officially you can't but you never know.

If you do try that let us know ;)

Guest Syphon Filter
I can sympathise with that. I've got several data enabled phones and I don't really have any need for another one. I don't have a 3G device so that would be useful but there are only two available direct at present.

You could always try the SIM only deal and see if you can add the bundle to that. Yes officially you can't but you never know.

If you do try that let us know  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that still leaves you "sans" device. And you'd have to shell out for a 3G device further down the line yourself.

What I meant was, when you sign up to a new contract t-mobile effectively give you an allowance which lets you get a new device with the contract. It would be great if you could say, ok I'll take the SIM now....but not get a device for now. Then when a device you want comes along, use your allowance to get that device (paying the difference if need be).

What irks me is that the Flext 35 and this new web tariff really sound appealing. But the MDA Pro is just too big to use as a phone IMO. So I would prefer a Vario style device but still want 3G functionality. I dont want to get a Vario now and then in 3 weeks time find a new spanky HTC device the size of a Vario comes out with 3G. I'd be seriously upset! Of course, i could sell the vario and pay for the device outright from expansys or somthing. If only the Prophet had 3G!! Or if the Vario 2 was coming out in say a week.

I honestly mean this politely - but What can you say - a companies giving you effectively unlimited internet access to mobile 3G data at an AUP level that is what a lot of people accept for home broadband at £17.50 for sum of £7.50 a month and theres mutings of it's not good enough

It really does beggar beleif

Maybe O2, Orange and Vodafones £1000 to 7,500 a month for 1GB would be more suitable for you :roll:

Edited by kaf

Guest ccsnet
I honestly mean this politely - but What can you say - a companies giving you effectively unlimited internet access to mobile 3G data at an AUP level that is what a lot of people accept for home broadband at £17.50 for sum of £7.50 a month and theres mutings of it's not good enough

Maybe O2, Orange and Vodafones £1000 to 7,500 a month for 1GB would be more suitable for you  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most ISP's dont limit the type of (standard) Internet data though.....

TBH - this is all conjecture - until some one shows me the T&C's I'm not taking any thing for granted - end of the day a gig is a gig and apart from VOIP I'd be very supprised if every thing else ( may be p2p thinking about it ) will be against a AUP.... makes no diffrence what your dragging accross.

ie 1 gig emails ? Getting these regular.... would this would not breaking the AUP while 1 gig streaming is ? Doesnt add up.

@Fleabag - can you provide the actual T&C's here on April the first - I guess every thing else is draft until then, if the above is actually true any chance you can ask why ?

Terran

Edited by ccsnet

Guest shenson
Most ISP's dont limit the type of (standard) Internet data though.....

I also have yet to see one that say you can't access the intenet using a computer ;)

I've received some interesting additional details and clarifications (which sound very good). It was in a PM on another forum and I'm checking to see if I can mention these here.

Edited by shenson

Guest Paul [MVP]

And i'm on holiday for the 1st, doh!

I'll miss all the fun, and we won't have the annual MoDaCo April Fools joke this year, bah! ;)

P

Guest ccsnet
I also have yet to see one that say you can't access the intenet using a computer  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Standard in my eyes is http, streaming, flash, shock and ftp.....

I've received some interesting additional details and clarifications (which sound very good). It was in a PM on another forum and I'm checking to see if I can mention these here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come on Paul - let him just this once....

Terran

Guest Syphon Filter

Maybe O2, Orange and Vodafones £1000 to 7,500 a month for 1GB would be more suitable for you  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying that the offer sucks...i think its great. But for me, i dont wanna get lumped with a non-3G device if there's something better just around the corner (by that i mean a couple of weeks or so). If the 3G Vario is still 6months away then stuff it I'll get a normal Vario now.

Guest Swampie
Does anyone know what will happen for us who are already on "traditional" Web'n'Walk? (ie. the bundles T-Mobile were doing last year that have a certain number of minutes voice, plus 40Mb of data)  Do we stay the same, or will our 40Mb instead become unlimited?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told that the current WnW plans, as we know it, will be ring fenced on 1st April. Specifically, anyone switching from the old WnW to the new (flext based) WnW will not be able to return to the old WnW.

This implies to me that they are completely separate products - current WnW users will not get unlimited browsing, or flext based allowances. You need to switch tariffs to do this, bearing in mind on WnW you have a 11 month non-downgrade policy, so you'd only be able to spend more to move to the new WnW tariffs, rather than move to a cheaper one.

Guest Swampie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get those figures from - Orange have for ages (over a year) done 1GB data bundles for £88.13 per month (well, 'Orange World MAX* *subject to fair usage policy of 1000MB).

http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite...d=1137070320264

And they've always offered their Orange World MAX free for 3 months if you buy a 3G phone (I guess on contract).

Edited by Swampie

hey guys - im not saying someone is forcing me im just saying that it damn well looks fantastic except the limitations ;)

i may well get into it but would like to consider them reviewing the usage.

to me, if im on the move, apart from checking email i would also like to have the option to transfer to and from, large files (10MB for example, up to say 100MB) without the "tough, we are d/c you" sorta thing going on ;)

Guest Confucious
hey guys - im not saying someone is forcing me im just saying that it damn well looks fantastic except the limitations ;)

i may well get into it but would like to consider them reviewing the usage.

to me, if im on the move, apart from checking email i would also like to have the option to transfer to and from, large files (10MB for example, up to say 100MB) without the "tough, we are d/c you" sorta thing going on ;)

What's the problem - you can transfer large files. so long as you don't transfer more than 1Gb /month it's nort a problem - and even then you'd just get a warning. It's omnly if you do it regularly you would getcut off. The file shering is Peer to Peer (P2P) where you allow everyone to access your files and download from your device. Normal transfering of files is fine.

P2P and data streaming use a lot of bandwidth and hold open channels which should be shared. This is why they are excluded - 'normal' usage isn't.

This is a fantastic deal for the vast majority of people. Unless you want to straeam audio (get yourself a radio or transfer MP3's pn to your device) or use your device abroad a lot (Pagemaker) which this won't address, I really can't see any downside.

Your choice...

Guest clive_j

I think they would have a hard time with ASA if they use the word 'unlimited' and impose a 40Mb 'fair use' limit. The other network's unlimited, if I recall correctly, has a fair use of 1Gb.

Clive

Guest Fleabag

A little update, it seems the new WNW are both bundles and plans. You can apparantly add the £7.50 bundle to any price plan. This means existing WNW users should be able to add it, meaning you can retain any discounts you have. There does also, contrary to what I posted previously, seem to be no bandwidth limit provided you keep within the fair use limit. CS won't let you add the bundle until April 1st but I too am able to select it via My T-Mobile... I have not tried yet though as I don't need anything beyond my staff allowance. What this means though, provided the line rental offer runs into April, you'll be able to get 25% off the data too as long as you are on one pf the new WNW plans and not just adding the bundle.

The 6280 was launched March 27th too. Still no WM devices scheduled.

Edited by Fleabag

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.