T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pagemakers
Go to T-Mobile's website, select the Web'n'Walk link in the middle of the page.  Select the Flext+Web'n'Walk package.  Select Flext 30 (ie. the £90 allowance package) and you'll see the MDA Pro as being £69.99

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers - you just saved me £30. I owe you a beer.

Guest adudley

Ok guys, I', feeling realy p*ssed at all this, as I bought an MDA vario around xmass time... so, what are my options here? I'm i stuck with my 40MB limit??

noooooooooooooo

and now I feel if I'm not, I need to upgrade to 3g already!!!!

Guest cipher692000
Ok guys, I', feeling realy p*ssed at all this, as I bought an MDA vario around xmass time... so, what are my options here? I'm i stuck with my 40MB limit??

noooooooooooooo

and now I feel if I'm not, I need to upgrade to 3g already!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been on WnW 100 for one month after swapping from relax 100 with 6mb data bundle (took out a new contract when I upgraded). I emailed T-Mob asking them what my options were, about 20 minutes later I get a call from a really helpfull customer service rep who said I could just change to a different plan so I asked if I could go onto Flext 20 + WnW (which is cheaper than my existing tarriff being mindfull of the 11 month rule), the answer came back yes no problem, she put it all through so from my next billing date in 10 days all should be well.

C.

Edited by cipher692000

And the plot thickens...

Aparently there isn't a 2GB limit per se and its more to do with your usage pattern. I guess that means if you stream 500mb in one day they'll send u a letter even if you only use 1gb that month.

It appears to me that there is a hard and fast policy here otherwise the 2GB would be mentioned on their site. It just sounds like they're throwing in enough vague terms and restrictions so that if you do abuse it, they can kick you off the tariff.

I'm about to contact business sales now to find out about the business plan, which doesnt look like its been released yet

Guest Pagemakers

Like I have said previously it is a 2GB theoretical cap. They monitor your account over a 3 month period. So 2gb, 2.3gb, 1gb is fine. 4gb, 4gb, 8gb is not.

That applies to both personal and business.

Read back a few posts about the business plan. I have just signed up now.

Edited by Pagemakers

Hmm did you do it through 150 or through their 0845 business sales line?

Were you on a business plan already?

I think i'll loose my 50% discount if i switch to a 'real' business line.

EDIT: i just realised you were on orange before right?

Edited by kam_

Ok so switching to business on their system is like signing up again and a new 12 month or 18 month term starts from that date. More of a problem for me tho is that i loose my 50% employee discount because their system can't handle it.

Well i'm not switching my business line over to T-Mobile after all the CS problems i've had with them that's for sure. Just one to give you an idea - i was on precept max (with priority line option = a second number). They gave away my second number to a new customer, didn't realise for 6 months (i just asumed people weren't calling me anymore on that number), and when i caught them, they didn't own up to it. They lied about it every opertunity saying it never happened. Eventually i cornered their directors department, got a transcript of everything that had happened during that period, took them to adjudication and won. To this day they still won't admit they did anything wrong... That other guy still has my number, and is probably receiving my calls to this day LOL

So.. anyway i'll just go for the normal Flext 35 + WnW for now and see how it goes. Their system won't let them add it till tommorow tho ;)

Edited by kam_

Guest Swampie
cheers - you just saved me £30.  I owe you a beer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about http://www.buymeabeer.com/

Concept, if it isn't clear - is you can buy people a pint (or other drinks) via SMS. You pay for it online which sends an SMS to the person you're buying a drink for, and they show the SMS to the bar staff, who validate the SMS and give the guy a beer.

It was set up by an ex-colleague of mine - great concept, shame it ended up being limited to a single chain of pubs/bars though. Would be nice to be able to do it anywhere (which I think the guy's plan was for).

Guest Confucious

if you take it on flext then add the data access you don't get 25% off the data access. if you go for the W'n'W version you d but the phone choice is limited ans the link doesn't work when you progress the order.

I'll try again tomorrow as I won't get it before monday now anyway.

Guest shadamehr
cheers - you just saved me £30.  I owe you a beer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I get nowt for being the one to draw your attention to it then???

Sob Sob

*lol*

Guest Syphon Filter
They just called back to say that the WnW pro is not available until the 17th April.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WnW Pro being the one you can allegedly use with a modem/laptop etc?

Guest Fleabag

kam: I guess you are right, but what I meant was at least, theinformation is free to you if you ask. It may not be printed directly on the advertisment but it is there! ;) I'm pretty sure you can have half price on Business, you'll need to get a new registration code from the person who gave it to you though.

Syphon: If you get the plans with the bundle integrated you get the discount, but you would not be able to remove the bundle from the plan for 6 months, due to no downward price plan migration policy. If you take the plan without WNW, and add the bundle, you can remove it at any time. Spoke to the handset manager today and was told he had not received any communication with regard to the Vario II's as of yet. He said he would ask some questions though! Found out the P990 is due Q3 also, if that is of interest to anyone.

toon9: They don't disappear automatically, that's why some people get emails advising of stock shortages. Handset deliveries come in all the time, and upgrades get priority - that's why you won't see them showing up on the website when they do arrive unless there are loads of them.

Page: I see the salesperson managed to convice you again! :( The website does not mention a 2gb cap anywhere, you just let her tell you what you wanted to hear and she got her sale! Not that it is a bad thing, you got a great deal. ;) Also, you'll keep the discount, yes, but you will not be able to move below your starting plan cost for at least six months, whataver the superviser told you.

quartershade & adudley: You can both convert to unlimited for £7.50 a month.

Guest rockykabir

Details are all up on the official website...I forsee a great rush towards T-Mobile in the next couple of days ;)

Any idea when the Vario is coming back in stock online?

Guest adudley
kam: I guess you are right, but what I meant was at least, theinformation is free to you if you ask. It may not be printed directly on the advertisment but it is there! ;) I'm pretty sure you can have half price on Business, you'll need to get a new registration code from the person who gave it to you though.

Syphon: If you get the plans with the bundle integrated you get the discount, but you would not be able to remove the bundle from the plan for 6 months, due to no downward price plan migration policy. If you take the plan without WNW, and add the bundle, you can remove it at any time. Spoke to the handset manager today and was told he had not received any communication with regard to the Vario II's as of yet. He said he would ask some questions though! Found out the P990 is due Q3 also, if that is of interest to anyone.

toon9: They don't disappear automatically, that's why some people get emails advising of stock shortages. Handset deliveries come in all the time, and upgrades get priority - that's why you won't see them showing up on the website when they do arrive unless there are loads of them.

Page: I see the salesperson managed to convice you again! :( The website does not mention a 2gb cap anywhere, you just let her tell you what you wanted to hear and she got her sale! Not that it is a bad thing, you got a great deal. ;) Also, you'll keep the discount, yes, but you will not be able to move below your starting plan cost for at least six months, whataver the superviser told you.

quartershade & adudley: You can both convert to unlimited for £7.50 a month.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a fantastic and concise reply, Thankyou very much... not a free beer, but some gratitude going your way! Thanks for that

Guest webcash

Well folks seriously bad news.I am on Flext 75 and apparently having just called to add the bundle to my account,that will classify as a tariff change and i would forfeit my 25 percent discount for life on the main tariff.So from 56 quid up to 75.00 plus the 7.50 meaning i get rewarded for signing up early by being charged 27.50 a month rather than 7.50

Not happy

Peter

Guest wills
Well folks seriously bad news.I am on Flext 75 and apparently having just called to add the bundle to my account,that will classify as a tariff change and i would forfeit my 25 percent discount for life on the main tariff.So from 56 quid up to 75.00 plus the 7.50 meaning i get rewarded for signing up early by being charged 27.50 a month rather than 7.50

Not happy

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should call again and speak with another CS agent to get that confirmed...as that does not seem right. All you are doing is adding a bundle.

Guest webcash

Trying as we speak but it does not appear to be a bundle,its an new tariff web and walk with flext and as such you are changing tariff, at least that is what they are saying.

Peter

Guest cfsnatch

OK, I've added it as a bundle to my existing plan, so it definitely can be done without going to one of the advertised WNW plans...

Guest wills
Trying as we speak but it does not appear to be a bundle,its an new tariff web and walk with flext and as such you are changing tariff, at least that is what they are saying.

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Within your account you can add a web 'n' walk option as an additional service for 6.38 (including VAT £7.50) which from reading this thread I think is the unlimited internet.

HTH

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.