WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Travelmate

Sorry.

v1.46 works the first time it installed on my QTEK 9000 ie. I was able to start WM5torage after de-activating activesync without soft reset

After that it can't start the next time

BTW, when I depress 'Activate' there's no color circle. The error message keeps on appearing

:cry:

Guest Myster3000

dddrko, Ingvarr

Softick Card Export II reports the same error with my device and their support said, that they don't support my processor, but will fix that soon. It's strange, that it worked with some other M600. Maybe it's because of firmware...

Guest eddieywlee

the program work with my dopod 818 pro, however i got error 1f after deactivate it ->connect with activesync-> activate again.

I have tried some user's suggestion to close tmail.exe and IT WORK, the problem no longer exists! Just hope the author can help to implement to kill tmail.exe automatically whenever the active button is click to make it more easy for us!

I like this software!

Guest Ingvarr
Just hope the author can help to implement to kill tmail.exe automatically whenever the active button is click to make it more easy for us!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done ;)

Guest Ingvarr
dddrko, Ingvarr

Softick Card Export II reports the same error with my device and their support said, that they don't support my processor, but will fix that soon. It's strange, that it worked with some other M600. Maybe it's because of firmware...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Softick Card Export works on entirely different principle.

They write own USB hardware driver for each CPU/chipset they support.

I *try* to use USB hardware driver that is already included in WM5 on each different device. In theory it should always work. In practice sometimes it doesnt work because hardware dev dont tested it for Mass Storage protocol.

Edited by Ingvarr

Yet another BIG FAT THANKS to Ingvarr the author of this fantastic program!

I guess Microsoft will add this feature to their "Windows Mobile 15" and are gonna tell that "The new Windows is faster and better than ever and it has a new revolutionary feature called - USBstore."

Good job! ;)

Edited by gts

Guest Ingvarr

Well, it how today's software business works - you dont just dump everything you can do at once, or you maybe will be unable to make/sell a new things tomorrow ;) So they just "implement" new features gradually.

You can say that commerce is a brakes for progress :P

Good example is "cool" "new" application icons and "cool" "new" window skins/widget - all them could be drawn just when first Hi-Color graphics cards appeared - about 10 years ago ;) But they wasnt ;)

But nevertheless, Iam grateful to Microsoft for at least making Mass Storage more easely implementable then it was in WM2003, they did a pretty big work with it too ;)

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Travelmate

Hi Ingvarr,

I'm using v1.48 but the error message concerning 1f is still there after I disconnect AS and activate WM5torage

I think although AS has been disconnected its still running in the background in memory. If upon activating WM5torage AS can be removed from memory I think the problem can be solved.

What do you think?

Guest dddrko
Would be nice to have the CardExport feature that sits on the bottom taskbar, so u can easily switch between AS and WM5torage

Dahquim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO, it wouldn't! It's annoing (I don't use tray at all) and using memory resources. If you use WM5torage a lot, map it to left softkey as I did :twisted:

Guest Travelmate

dahquim,

You can use PHM Tray Launch to do that. Thats what I have done..having WM5torage and USB Switch icons on the bottom task bar

;)

Guest j8888h

I'm happy to see Ingvarr upgrade the version 1.48 to kill tmail.exe automatically. It make the USB mass storage driver connection much easier. I don't agree Travelmate's idea that AS may interface the USB connection. In case of the message error 1f still comes in this version, if no other manual started program is running, the next backgrand process blocking the USB connection should mostly be sddaemon.exe. The tmail.exe can restart automatically, but sddaemon.exe need a short link in startup. Beside these two process, there is still at least backgrand process may interface the connection, but I cannot find out yet. tmail.exe will always block the connection, but the other processes does not, and I don't know why mostly the sddaemon.exe are docile but sometimes it may make trouble. After WM5torage active the USB connection, the storage card becomes unaccessible under WM5 itself. So that the name WM5torage seems has some conflict with the feature ;) .

Edited by j8888h

Guest Ingvarr
Hi Ingvarr,

I'm using v1.48 but the error message concerning 1f is still there after I disconnect AS and activate WM5torage

I think although AS has been disconnected its still running in the background in memory. If upon activating WM5torage AS can be removed from memory I think the problem can be solved.

What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some time ago I've asked somebody to try removing AS manually via Settings | Memory | Running Programs, and it didnt help to get rid of 1f error.

You can try it yourself - kill ActiveSync via any task manager or Settings | Memory | Running Programs, and see if it will allow WM5torage to activate.

Guest j8888h

There is another bug for Ingvarr to upgrade.

After the WM5torage active the USB connection and leave alone for 5 min, even in case of some file is opening or transferring, the mobile will sleep automatically and the mass storage drive will be disconnected. The connection time can be controlled by setting of the power feature, but under the connection of ActiveSync, the ActiveSync can prevent the mobile from automatic sleep by the power setting. The mobile just turn off the backlight to save power (the power is supplied by the USB line during plugin).

Edited by j8888h

Guest Ingvarr

I already order USB and SD card to keep on full power when driver is activated - it should prevent them from sleeping (and disconnecting), I dont know why particular PDAs is not honoring that requests.

Guest dddrko
I already order USB and SD card to keep on full power when driver is activated - it should prevent them from sleeping (and disconnecting), I dont know why particular PDAs is not honoring that requests.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it hapened to me also on wizard but my power settings was to "turn off device if not used for 5 minutes" on external power. the device turns off in the middle of file transfer :??:

Guest Travelmate

Hi Ingvarr & j8888h

You were both right.

Disconnecting AS from USB Switch, killing it using a task manager and disabling it from my PC has no effect at all. The problem of 1f is still there when I activate WM5torage

:roll:

Guest Travelmate

Ok, I got it now but its a pretty tricky process like

Start AS

Disconnect AS

Remove and plug-in USB cable

Activate WM5torage

Remove and plug-in USB cable......WM5torage activated

Deactivate WM5torage

Remove and plug-in USB cable

Start AS....AS started......and so on

But I notice a small problem. Sometimes with USB cable connected (with AS and WM5torage de-activated) the charging would stop and the screen would go off

Guest piggymouse

Does this work with the US sda? Does anyone have a step by step?

I have the latest version 1.48.

I cannot get get a drive letter to show up...

I see where I am supposed to disable active sync. How do I do that? Under File->Connection Settings or am I going to the wrong place.

Thanks

--Kris

Guest jShun

This nice software has been running nicely on my Wizard since 1.2x, but I find the recent updates a bit messy...

Can future releases be mark with beta, experimental or minor revision numbers so that users with usuable system knows when to update without going around with those having problems?

Also, can the automatic tmail.exe closing be replaced with a question for user to decide before taking the action? Best if there are settings to choose how the feature behave... I actually stopped at 1.47 because of the force closing function, :P

BTW, merely closing tmail.exe doesn't always clear the error, other action can activate some messaging components without starting tmail.exe. For example, using a shortcut to create a new SMS directly without going through Messaging.

In such cases, tmail.exe won't be started and WM5torage will not function properly, users will have to start Messaging to get tmail.exe running and then terminate it before using WM5torage.

Hopefully, the underneath components that is preventing WM5torage to activate can be traced and handle properly in future, ;)

Edited by jShun

Guest eddieywlee

thanks Ingvarr, after installing 1.48 my 1f error disappear! really appreicate for your work, if you have and would like to donate for ur work, please let me know how can i do that.

Guest eddieywlee

for me...1.48 fix the problem i have, i am really appreciate with that...thanks Ingvarr...but it is not a bad idea to make this function as a checkbox ..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.