WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

If I try to copy a large file to the device I get an error. Smaller files can be copied easily. Is this a bug in WM5torage or in my phone/card???

post-184924-1146143775_thumb.jpg

Guest toblo

This superb apps works great, until I upgrade my Eten M600 rom to 216 (latest as post time) ;)

I tried with a desktop and a notebook, both XP Pro + SP2, and both can detect my Eten M600 as a USB mass storage but unable to display the drive letter. I got "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" message in the device manager -> usb mass storage device properties.

Any idea on how to solve this? I've tried to re-flash my ppc (still 216) and install WM5Storage only and test it, but no luck.

Guest sotskov
If I try to copy a large file to the device I get an error. Smaller files can be copied easily. Is this a bug in WM5torage or in my phone/card???

I have this problem (error) too ;) . Device: T-Mobile MDA Compact II.

Some ideas?

Guest bdmoore

Awesome app - just installed on my Orange M600 and it works great :P

One small problem though, when I deactivate it, it sets the volume to max - bit of a shock when I'm at work and it's normally on min ;)

P.S. - Sorry if this has already been answered, didn't read every page just scanned...

Edited by bdmoore

Guest bdmoore
Awesome app - just installed on my Orange M600 and it works great ;)

One small problem though, when I deactivate it, it sets the volume to max - bit of a shock when I'm at work and it's normally on min ;)

P.S. - Sorry if this has already been answered, didn't read every page just scanned...

Ignore this post - when you de-activate the driver it sees it as a new card being inserted - TomTom is on that card and it auto-starts when you put the card in, setting volume and bluetooth on. Just me being dumb :P

Guest bgraham00

It may be your phone/card, I copied a 1.2GB movie to my card with no problems. PPC-6700/2GB MiniSD

Guest mfurse

Hi, not sure if this error has occured to anyone else but...I am running WM5torage on my Qtek 8310 with the latest AKU2 update (2.0.9.0).

I recently tried to copy 200Mb of MP3's in a single folder to the 1Gb Memory card in the phone. All was going fine unti labout half way through and there was some kind of I/O error and windows could not write to the device anymore.

I disconnected, reconnected and all went off as before until the error happened again. Anyway, a few goes and the files were all on ok.

Or so I though. First 12 tracks were ok but then the 13th track began playing...and then after about 20secs a track by an entirely different artist that i had deleted a long time ago played. The track still showed the correct artist name and song length but was not playing the right song!

Is there a file size limit on the phone performing I/O operations using WM5torage? Has anyone else experienced such strange "blending" of files?

Matt

Guest Ingvarr

I know that some 8300/8310 people experience write errors and faults with certain brands of memory cards (with Kingston most often). It also happens with ActiveSync.

WM5torage have no limits. I've copied 1.5 Gb files fine, and copy 100-200Mb files fine on regular basis.

I have SanDisk though.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest gts
Hi, not sure if this error has occured to anyone else but...I am running WM5torage on my Qtek 8310 with the latest AKU2 update (2.0.9.0).

I recently tried to copy 200Mb of MP3's in a single folder to the 1Gb Memory card in the phone. All was going fine unti labout half way through and there was some kind of I/O error and windows could not write to the device anymore.

I disconnected, reconnected and all went off as before until the error happened again. Anyway, a few goes and the files were all on ok.

Or so I though. First 12 tracks were ok but then the 13th track began playing...and then after about 20secs a track by an entirely different artist that i had deleted a long time ago played. The track still showed the correct artist name and song length but was not playing the right song!

Is there a file size limit on the phone performing I/O operations using WM5torage? Has anyone else experienced such strange "blending" of files?

Matt

I know that some 8300/8310 people experience write errors and faults with certain brands of memory cards (with Kingston most often). It also happens with ActiveSync.

WM5torage have no limits. I've copied 1.5 Gb files fine, and copy 100-200Mb files fine on regular basis.

I have SanDisk though.

That's right - I have a Qtek 8310 with a Kingston Mini SD 256Mb (made in Japan) and I've got the problem. Are there any plans on fixing the problem? I thought that Kingston makes good cards, should I buy another flash card?

Guest Tech

its the way the card is manufactuered - its not compatable with the smartphones unfortunatly, SanDisk and crucial, as well as perhaps other brands, are compatable

Guest rperalta

Hi Ingvarr,

Is it possible to make this work while connected through Bluetooth via ActiveSync?

Thanks,

Robert

Guest Ingvarr

Nope, this is for USB Mass Storage protocol only.

Bluetooth file transfer will require entirely different application.

Or you mean that ActiveSync disconnects from bluetooth when you activate USB Mass storage?

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Anunnaki

version 1.53 work great.

Some more ideas:

1) can you make acces to memmory card from smartphone when mass storage device is active ?

2) can you make options to make mass storage device from internal smartphone memmory ?

3) can you add there option to "format" memmory card ?

4) can you add there something like "checkdisk" or "scandisk" to chceck filesystem on memmorycard ?

5) can you add there something what show you current transfer speed separatly for both ways (read/writte)

6) can you add there something what show you free space on card (= mass storade device drive )?

Have nice day and thank you for this great program.

anunnaki(a)ahaportal.com

Guest Ingvarr

Is 6365 uses Windows Mobile 5?

If so, just download the installation CAB file, copy it to PDA and click on it in the explorer.

Look for "Accessories" folder in the programs menu, WM5torage shortcut should be in there.

Guest bnycastro
Is 6365 uses Windows Mobile 5?

If so, just download the installation CAB file, copy it to PDA and click on it in the explorer.

Look for "Accessories" folder in the programs menu, WM5torage shortcut should be in there.

hp ipaq 6365 is not WM5 it's WM2003 [not sure if it is FE or SE]

Guest petburn
If you have ever run regedit on Windows powered desktop station then you can probably understand what it means. You just have to find regedit tool for windows mobile and install it on your device. Then you run the regedit and edit the keys according to the instructions.

thnaks, but i works now.

someone of the forum sned me the link where

Guest akuma3d

Same thing, I cannot get it to work on my mac either.

Is the WM5 formated as NTFS? Because this might keep it from working with the mac, althought it should still

be at least seen as a drive.

BUT STILL VERY GREAT APP. MUCH NEEDED !!!

any mac users getting this to work??

Edited by akuma3d

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.