WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr
Does this app work with Cingular 8125. I could not even get the app to install. After I copy the file to the specified folder I locate it and click on it. It does nothing but open up my TotalCommander application. Prolly has something to do with the association zip file.

It works ok with Cingular 8125.

However from your words it seems that you somehow broke proper association with CAB files, so they won't install when you click on CAB (opens as archive instead).

To install, you first will need to restore proper CAB assotiation. Try to remove Total Commander. If this won't help, you may try to restore association manually, but I cant help you there. Or just do a hard reset.

Guest moosemoose

i've just loaded it in to my Orange SPV M600.

Nothing.

I am connecting to an iMac on OS X 10.4.6, which has had no trouble connecting to any generic mass storage devices before. I haven't a Windows based box to check it working on, but really, shouldn't this work as is?

It shows up in the device tree (like device manager), but not on the desktop.

Guest ninjaw
I am connecting to an iMac on OS X 10.4.6, which has had no trouble connecting to any generic mass storage devices before. I haven't a Windows based box to check it working on, but really, shouldn't this work as is?

And where's the news here ? Mac toys refuse to see this, already said, nothing we can do.

Either you get a real adult computer, either use geexbox that works on macos, even on MacOs9.

Guest Ingvarr

It does not work with Mac's.

I dont think that built-in USB driver was even tested with any OS apart from Windows (after all they intended it for ActiveSync only).

Guest bluecyclone
it write status Active without problem on my SDA Music (C500, typhoon, QTEK8100) with WM5, into my computer i have a USB Mass storage (Windows Mobile Device) connected, but nothing in "My Computer" :)

Hello,Ingvarr,the ver 1.6 has the same problem.No disk partition in "My Computer" . ;)

Guest Ingvarr

Typhoon/C500? It wont work unless somebody will change built-in USB hardware driver on that platform (usbfn.dll). Current one just won't properly support all functionality needed for USB Mass Storage protocol.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest tricke

wm5torage works great on my vario. just make sure you use at least version 1.6, i tried an earlier version and it wouldn't activate. I can't properly express my feelings of delight watching a 10mb file fly onto the storage card. copying music files through activesync is really unworkable, but with wm5torage it's a breeze!

thanks!

Guest Samu [FIN]

Just wanted to add a BIG thank you & thumbs up. This little software or yours just saved me a price of 2 Gb USB stick :)

For my Qtek 9100, it started to work instantly with XP. I ll report later if this works allso with a 5.1 Dolby Home Entertainment system that can play mp3s from normal USB sticks atleast.

Guest coorspate

i have a tmobile sda that is fully unlocked. i did it myself so i know without a doubt that it is unlocked and i keep getting the error 57. i cant find the path you suggested in your first post to fix and no other programs are running. what can i do to fix this?

Guest leethacker
i have a tmobile sda that is fully unlocked. i did it myself so i know without a doubt that it is unlocked and i keep getting the error 57. i cant find the path you suggested in your first post to fix and no other programs are running. what can i do to fix this?

Did ya try the guide in my signature?

Guest Confucious
Did ya try the guide in my signature?

Shouldnt it read Windows SmartPhone not Windows Mobile device - it soesn't seem to cover PPCs

Guest Ingvarr

Maybe you have something installed on the storage card that is always running?

Like home screen plugins, etc?

Guest leethacker
Shouldnt it read Windows SmartPhone not Windows Mobile device - it soesn't seem to cover PPCs

in fact it does also work with ppcs :)

Guest flashflash
in fact it does also work with ppcs :)

Hi, I have had many smartphones (started with the original SPV) and now own a M600. I must admit this is the best piece of free software i have come across. The one thing that always bugged me was the file transfer speed when using ActiveSync, but this app blows that out of the water. I now have a fully functioning flash drive!! Thanks so much

Guest Herunim

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this great application.

It would be nice to have a -t siwtch to Toggle the mass storage mode.

Kind regards,

Herunim

Guest Blumenkohl

downloaded and tried it - great app. Thanks very much! No complaints at all, but has anyone got it to mount on a Mac? Normal USB sticks mount without problems....

Guest ninjaw
downloaded and tried it - great app. Thanks very much! No complaints at all, but has anyone got it to mount on a Mac? Normal USB sticks mount without problems....

NAAB alert

And where's the news here ? Mac toys refuse to see this, already said, nothing we can do.

Either you get a real adult computer, either use geexbox that works on macos, even on MacOs9.

Guest schmeichler

Whoopie!

New smartphone-user and this was one of the key features I was hoping to get :)

Works great on my MDA compactII (htc charmer) - only had to create a .lnk myself.

Just ran though this thread quickly (at work now) so please forgive if this question has beed discussed:

Later on I will be testing booting pc from my phone ... nice would be to have a boot-menu to be able to have 2-3 different os-choices.

Any ideas / recommendations?

(if this works next purchase will be a 4gb-card ;))

Guest hempo

I have a little problem with this app... don't know if it's the apps fault or if my phone is being stupid.

When i transfer files with WM5torage they wind up in the specified folder as shortcuts TO WM5torage :S

I can't make the phone associate the mp3 files i transfered to WMP they're stuck to WM5torage, anyone know what to do?

//Emil

1) It should be possible in the next version. Current version isnt compliant with Bootability Specification yet.

2) It manages all speed that the built-in USB hardware and its driver allow. To improve it, you will need to improve USB chip driver (and maybe USB chip), and this is hardly possible.

3) They do not slow anything. They run on separate process with lowest priority and on free CPU cycles, if CPU will become overloaded, LEDs will automatically stop blinking, to prevent any slowdowns.

tnx a lot, I'm gonna try that booting feature...

btw, are there plans to make it open source?

Guest Psychoray

Great piece of software, thanks Ingvarr! :)

I've got a small problem... when I connect my TyTn to a PC (tried multiple PC's) the device gets detected as a mass storage device bla bla, it installs, and then it says the hardware isn't properly installed.

When i go and view it's properties in device manager it gives me error code 10: This device doesn't start. (Or something like that, I've got a dutch XP.)

Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks ;)

Guest Ingvarr

I wouldnt be surprised that this is a problem with built-in USB hardware driver again.

They just dont intend it to work with USB MSFn, so they dont test all spectrum of needed functionality - and it doesnt work when somebody (as me) actually try to use it (the built-in driver) for that purpose.

Maybe try some of the older versions (1.2x, 1.3x) and see if they would work.

Edited by Ingvarr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.