WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Confucious
also, no paypal in my country...

Invgarr - you're going to have to move :D

You're already a Plus member so we can't even pay for that for you.

Guest alekz2

What does "Removable class" option mean ?

Is it possible to switch from exporting SD to Filestore wo de-activating/activating Wm5torage, e.g. on fly ?

Guest Ingvarr

1) That Windows will not create "Recycle bin" and "System Volume Information" (restore points) for flash disk, if its a removable device. Also some partition editors will work only if USB device is non-removable.

2) No.

Though its potentially possible to export several stores at once(as several disks). But it will require big changes and a lot of time, so I've decided to implement simpler model first.

Guest tony_hk

Got below message when I run it:

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be instaleed because it does not have sufficient system pemissions.

:D

Guest killerost

With the latest verison of wm5torage I have to restart my Qtek 8300 after turning it of.. or else everything is slooow and it seems like the filesystem doesn't work very well, just a couple of minuttes ago I got the message "Pocket Player is not a valid WinCE 32 program" (or something like that..?) But after resetting the phone pocket player worked again. (Pocket player is located on the storage card! ;D)

This wasn't a problem for me before..? Anyone else?

Edited by killerost

Guest Ingvarr

tony_hk, you must unlock your smartphone. Please read the guide carefully.

killerost, you must not export storage card if you have programs running from it. If you have programs installed on it, at least make sure they are not currently running before you activate wm5torage.

Guest tony_hk

tony_hk, you must unlock your smartphone. Please read the guide carefully.

I have try to add the value "0000101b" by PHM but fail. It does not allow me to change the registry setting, either delete or add...... :D

Guest Deathflyer

Have heard that WM5torage will work with "unofficial" typhoon rom under linux when plugged in without activating Program and activating it when led gets green/yellow, but kernel first gives you I/O-Errors on Sectors 1-5 in /dev/sd*, mounting can't be done in mountpoint and you can't copy files to it while it is your working directory. Additionally, you can only use this in terminal window.

Hope that helped you... :D

Edited by Deathflyer

Guest Versusnja

Damn! This is the best program I've ever seen for PPC!

I have bought FM transmitter + car charger 2 in 1 with USB port, I charge my PPC and play MP3 from my Storage Card on my car audio!!!

Simply the best!

Two wishes about this program:

1) Not to use storage card exclusively. May be the program before accessing a file on the card should check if it is opened?...

2) Add "Toggle on/off" command to command line. Then we could map this command to one of the buttons on PPC for quick access.

Guest kun1he2
Hmm... anyone managed to get it working on HP iPAQ rw6828?

WinXP detects the USB Mass Storage, but is empty when viewing the drive content via Explorer.

In the Event Viewer, there are several event ID 11 errors: "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D."

Just realized today that there was a v1.7 since the last time I tried WM5torage...

With this new version, there are no ID 11 errors in the Event Viewer.

Device Manager shows the WM5torag device under USB Mass Storage, but somehow stops short of mounting it as a disk drive, i.e. no new drive letter mounted.

Meanwhile, decided to try out Card Export II to see if it works with the HP iPAQ rw6828 - and yes, it seems to work quite well on this handset.

Curious to know if both these software makes use of the same methods to go into USB mass storage mode?

Guest Ingvarr
Meanwhile, decided to try out Card Export II to see if it works with the HP iPAQ rw6828 - and yes, it seems to work quite well on this handset.

Curious to know if both these software makes use of the same methods to go into USB mass storage mode?

No, they use different methods. Somewhere along this thread I've already explained it in detail.

Guest Herunim

Ingvarr,

Could you please add a command line switch -t to toggle the mass storage mode. It would allow to activate / desactivate the USB with one key press.

Kind regards,

Herunim

Guest killerost
killerost, you must not export storage card if you have programs running from it. If you have programs installed on it, at least make sure they are not currently running before you activate wm5torage.

I'm talking about after wm5torage has been deactivated. :D I feels like the phone won't function properly until after a restart.. but maybe it's just my imagination. Upgrading my 512mb minisd card to a 2gb card thanks to wm5torage worked flawlessly.. Just copied everything to my pc, then everything back to the new card. Very convinient when you have misplaced your card-reader! :D so all in all I'm very happy. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ingvarr

Important - possible solution for ETEN users to run WM5torage is found. Try it on your own risk, I couldnt verify it since I have no ETEN

(translated from Russian topic there - http://www.hpc.ru/board/viewtopic.php?p=463544#463544)

1) Backup!

2) Download attached archive, unpack

3) Install cert_denis.cab

4) Copy sc2440usbfn_2.dll to \Windows folder.

5) Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SC2440USBFN

DLL="sc2440usbfn_2.dll"

(note that default is sc2440usbfn.dll in case you'll need to roll back)

6) Soft-reset

7) WM5torage should work now.

Many thanks for DE_NISKA for providing that patched USB function driver. If I guess correctly, this is the one from older ETEN firmware that worked with WM5torage. However it was reported that it had some probs with ActiveSync, thats why ETEN changed it.

Again - this is intended for ETEN PDAs.

ETEN_USBFN_2.zip

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest pjam001

It works fine but I have found that my charmer (mda compact II) slows down when accessing the windows folder and changing virtual keyboard input method.

Has anyone else noticed this?

What files are added to the windows folder, as even uninstalling wm5torage leaves slow access to the above items.

Cheers.

Edited by pjam001

Guest Ingvarr

WM5torage adds nothing to the windows folder. And when you uninstall it, its uninstalled fully (unless you try uninstall it without deactivating it, but even then, files are only in program files\wm5torage folder). Soft reset may be needed.

Guest pjam001

Thanks for replying.

I've tried a soft reset but it is still slow to access the windows folder and keyboard.

I've seen this before when trying software and had to remove files from the windows folder to correct, either that or hard reset, which I would rather not do at the moment. Plus this application is really handy.

cheers.

Important - possible solution for ETEN users to run WM5torage is found. Try it on your own risk, I couldnt verify it since I have no ETEN

(translated from Russian topic there - http://www.hpc.ru/board/viewtopic.php?p=463544#463544)

1) Backup!

2) Download attached archive, unpack

3) Install cert_denis.cab

4) Copy sc2440usbfn_2.dll to \Windows folder.

5) Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SC2440USBFN

DLL="sc2440usbfn_2.dll"

(note that default is sc2440usbfn.dll in case you'll need to roll back)

6) Soft-reset

7) WM5torage should work now.

Many thanks for DE_NISKA for providing that patched USB function driver. If I guess correctly, this is the one from older ETEN firmware that worked with WM5torage. However it was reported that it had some probs with ActiveSync, thats why ETEN changed it.

Again - this is intended for ETEN PDAs.

But, this can potentially work on HTC TyTN, since it has same CPU. So, if you want, try it. Just remember - no warranties, backup first!

Confirming this works on Eten M600 with the latest ROM 230. ActiceSync still working too. Woo hoo!!!!

Thanks to Ingvarr and DE_NISKA! :D

Hi everybody,

WM5TORAGE doesn't work on a X51v. Device not recognized.

This software seems so good.

Have you some ideas why on some PDA it works fine and on others it doesn't work ?

Bye

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.