WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr
Have you some ideas why on some PDA it works fine and on others it doesn't work ?

Yes I have, and I beleive I wrote about it several times in this thread already. Sorry if it was kinda technical, but this how it is :D

Edited by Ingvarr

Hi Ingvarr, I've read in the ppcsg.com forum that older versions of WM5torage works well with the HP iPAQ rw6828.

Are previous versions of this great software available for download? Thanks.

I would really like this to work on my Orange m3100 (TyTn)...

Any plans for an update?

If you mean "plans for update to make it work on TyTn", then no. Its not currently in my power to make it work on TyTn.

Hi Ingvarr, I've read in the ppcsg.com forum that older versions of WM5torage works well with the HP iPAQ rw6828.

Are previous versions of this great software available for download? Thanks.

Just google for it. You'll find plenty. :D

Ingvarr,

Can you think of any reason why wm5torage would have slowed my input panel down? I've read lots about ms voice command doing this to people ppc's. (I have never used voice command) It was certainly the install of wm5torage that caused this. A reg change perhaps?

It is a great app, it would just be nice to find an answer to this problem.

cheers

Guest sergiopi

TyTN and wm5storage problems solved...

Just go into setting>connections>USB to Pc and uncheck enable advanced network functionality

Fast, reliable, Great , and my be works also for other devices..

Grazie Ingvarr

i'm sure it's after trying .72 that i now can't sync via usb. Uninstall or trying an earlier version won't fix. i have tried on 2 pc's so it's not a problem with active sync. just get a constantly spinning AS icon.

any ideas? thanks.

:rolleyes: don't work with my HTC TyTN. (connection problem with several PC) Am I alone ???????? Thanks for response.

Have you tried the trick mentioned by sergiopi a few posts above?

:rolleyes: yes i made it, but it's not ok. XP found a local disk with no datas. Version used 1.72 with HTC TyTN

Has anyone the same probleme ?????

Identical problem using a Vario II. Shows up as Hermes 300 mass storage drive but 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available. Only thing I could see that was different between my non-working setup and the setup posted by someone with it working on the Vario II was that I had LED's set to off and his were set to 1. Didn't get round to trying it and can't imagine it would make any difference but worth a try.

Another chap got it working on WM5Storage version 1.6 NOT 1.72 so I am going to try and track down a copy and try that. If you have any success let me know 'cos I would like to get this working.

Guest uccoffee

Ingvarr,

is there a driver for WINDOWS 98? I only use my JAMIN as USB drive when using stupid win 98 @ work .... cos activesyc cannot be installed in windows 98 ...

i like the price (free) and the vibration effect of WM5storage rather than using cardexportII :rolleyes:

Edited by uccoffee

How about the other way around?

Is there any way to USB-attach a flash/thumb/USM to the Smartphone, and have the OS see it as an additional drive?

No, that would requre hardware USB Host support in Smartphone, and they dont have it. Even quite few of PDAs have it.

I ask because I see the mini-USB adapters are available (http://www.mobileplanet.com/accessory.asp?code=SMARTFLIP_US&atype=Cables&count=3 )

These adapters are for SMARTFLIP propietary connector, they still provide mini-USB (ie USB Function) side - you cant connect other USB Function device (as thumb drive) to it.

Ingvarr,

is there a driver for WINDOWS 98? I only use my JAMIN as USB drive when using stupid win 98 @ work .... cos activesyc cannot be installed in windows 98 ...

Try here - http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

Also you can try to find any Win98 driver for any USB Thumbdrivers around - a lot of companies place em on their Support/Download sites.

Guest theunforgiven

i have an 8125 and the latest version of WM5 dosn't seem to work quite right. It just refuses to transfer. I am connecting it a linux box and it seems to work fine until it just ends up never completeing the transfer it hangs forever.

Identical problem using a Vario II. Shows up as Hermes 300 mass storage drive but 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available. Only thing I could see that was different between my non-working setup and the setup posted by someone with it working on the Vario II was that I had LED's set to off and his were set to 1. Didn't get round to trying it and can't imagine it would make any difference but worth a try.

Another chap got it working on WM5Storage version 1.6 NOT 1.72 so I am going to try and track down a copy and try that. If you have any success let me know 'cos I would like to get this working.

Curiouser and curiouser. I installed 1.6 and this had exactly the same behaviour as 1.72, i.e. loads the drivers for the mass storage drive but shows up as 0/0 bytes. I then changed the LED behaviour to 1 and 1 and when I reconnected I got the XP autoplay window! It sort of hung displaying My Music, then opened up the "What do you want to do" window. I cancelled that and checked in explorer and it still showed up as 0/0 bytes. I changed the LED settings to 2 and 2 and reconnected and this time it autoplayed the Clearvue folder but again showed up as 0 and 0 bytes. Chaned the LED settings back to 0/0 and back to the original no autoplay. I might try this with 1.72 at some point.

There are definitely issues with the Vario II/TyTN. I can see a disc E: but it has 0 bytes. I hope someone comes up with a fix because this looks to be a great little utility.

Guest sageinvincible

Hi can anyone help me out, how to install this program to my PPC. I have IMATE JAMIN with WM5.

Thanks in Advance

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=1702
File Name: WM5torage

File Submitter: Ingvarr

File Submitted: 22 Mar 2006

File Updated: 12 Sep 2006

File Category: Utilities - Phone Management

This program will export the flash memory card inside the smartphone as usual USB Mass Storage device (ordinary "usb disk") - effectively turning smartphone into flash reader (albeit USB 1.0 only, and not very fast).

It was tested with Tornado Smartphone Platform with recent firmware update. It could work with other phones and even with PDAs, hovewer I cant be sure about compatibility, as I had to break some specifications to defuse "anomalies" (bugs?) in the propietary HTC/OMAP USB hardware driver. This just means what it means - some devices have problems with it, and on some WM5torage won't work at all (notably on Typhoon/Feeler/C500/8010/8020 with "unofficial" WM5).

When activated, memory card will not be accessible in the smartphone, as all direct access to the flash card will be routed to USB. Take note that if some currently running programs have files open from the storage card, that can prevent Mass Storage from activation ("error 1f"). In that case, try to close all running programs (soft reset is needed sometimes).

Application is installed to "Accessories" Start Menu subfolder, not to the root.

Windows Mobile 5 is required. Sorry, but I cant possibly make it work on WM 2003, as only WM5 allows USB protocol implementation separate from USB hardware driver - on WM 2003 Ill have to rewrite whole USB hardware drivers, and of course its not feasible.

If you want to uninstall it, I strongly recommend to de-activate mass storage mode first.

Of course, you will also need full application unlock. Take note that some recipies do not do full unlock, they still leave some API locked. People who getting "error 57" most likely havent fully unlocked their smartphones. Try this one:

to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

That would set security model to "one-tier" - unsigned applications/components will still ask for confirmation, but after you confirm, they will launch in full-trust access mode, like on WM5 PocketPCs.

WARNING. The ability to choose different card slots to export will potentially allow you to export the system(firmware) storages/disk partitions. While it can be very powerful tool, improper use of it may damage the firmware data and will require a re-flashing, or in worst cases it may even render the device PERMANENTLY unusable. There is no 100% way to automatically determine if the given storage device is the system one, WM5torage will only try to make guesses about it and display warnings, but its not 100% proof. So if you see the "second free memory card available", dont rush with formatting it/copying data on it (especially when you know that your device have only one card slot)!! You have been warned!

* Changelog *

Version 1.72

- Bug fixes

Version 1.71

- Bug fixes

- Added the command line switch -t to "flip-flop" between active and unactive states

- Files are now compressed with UPX

Version 1.7

- Added ability to choose the PDA/smartphone storage device to export as USB Mass Storage. Helpful for PDAs/phones with several card slots or internal "file stores".

Version 1.6b

- Fixed a minor issue with applicaiton icon not appearing in "Accessories" Start Menu folder after installation on PDAs

- Full compliance with USB Mass Storage Bootability Specification. Now booting PC from smartphone as USB stick should always properly work, provided your computer's BIOS is modern enough to properly USB-drive-boot. Checked it via booting FreeDOS and PuppyLinux from my 8310 - seem to work ok.

- Improved general compliance with USB Mass Storage protocol. Still not 100% compliant though, due to the built-in hardware driver limitations & bugs.

- Added command line switches to control utility "remotely", via scripting utils or batch files & shortcuts:

-a Activate mass storage mode

-d Deactivate mass storage mode

-q Quit

Switches can be combined, they will be executed in order. For example, "WM5torage -a -q" will launch utility, activate mass storage mode (if not active already), and quit after activation is completed.

Version 1.53

- USB device will not appear on PC as "unnamed" anymore, but in the form of "WM5torag"(sorry only 8 chars in ID) + "device name". Helps when multiple devices are connected and you are using "safe removal".

Version 1.52

- LED interface tweaks

- fix for a small issue with LED/vibrator not going off

Version 1.51

- added ability to choose indication LEDs on Read and Write operations (you can set both to same LED). Take note that there only LEDs that system reports to be available, and on many platforms only one LED (and vibrator) is actually reported as application-controllable

- another change to "suspend-prevention" code to prevent some PDAs to going into sleep in the middle of transfer and interrupting the transfer

Version 1.48

- If there is Inbox window open in background, and "activation error 1f" happens, will try to automatically close Inbox window to prevent activation error. This just requests Inbox to close as user can do, so you need not to worry for it - it shouldnt cause any problems with messaging.

Version 1.4

- driver revamp, added asynchronous processing. If device can do USB transfers and read/write from card simultaneously, there will be significant speed increase - up to limit of either USB controller or Flash memory (what is slower).

For my 8310 / SanDisk 2Gb setup it gave about 20% speed increase.

Version 1.35

- moved all natural language strings/messages into resource string tables, to allow for resource i18n/translation

Version 1.34

- on deactivate, switch will be made not just to RNDIS, but to previously remembered driver. I.e. if you will set ActiveSync to Serial mode, it will not revert to RNDIS anymore on Mass Storage deactivation, it should remain Serial

Version 1.33

- restart will not be suggested if installation wasnt successful

Version 1.32

- added possible explanations to most common activation errors (1f and 57)

Version 1.3

- added prompt to soft-restart the device after installation

- when storage is attached to USB host, mobile device USB controller and flash disk are ordered to be kept in "Power On" state

- added switch to choose between "Removable" and usual ("Hard Disk") device classes. Will affect how the host OS treats the device - for instance, it will not create System Restore and Recycle Bin if class is Removable.

Version 1.21

- added some additional diag checks to help evaluate possible problems.

Version 1.2

- added write-protection switch

- added checks for ability to actually open memory card (card existance)

- if "storage card" installation chosen, will install to main memory anyway, as it cant properly run from storage card.

Click here to download this file

Guest sageinvincible

Hi

can anyone please help me out, how to install this cool program to my PPC. Actually I have IMATE JAMIN with Windows Mobile 5.

Thanks in advace

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.