WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest oceane4064
Sorry, what do you mean by that?

I dont see any problems in the log :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm French and my English is too bad.

When I use WM5torage, and I close the program, connected to PC, I can't return on Homescreen.

When I use the soft, disconnected PC, close the program, no problems.

Edited by oceane4064

Guest Ingvarr
When I use WM5torage, and I close the program, connected to PC, I can't return on Homescreen.

Does the phone freeze? Does the "clock cursor" (colorful wheel) keep spinning?

As I understand the WM5torage USB disk works fine except this?

Release Candidate 2 is out.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest oceane4064
Does the phone freeze? Does the "clock cursor" (colorful wheel) keep spinning?

No

As I understand the WM5torage USB disk works fine except this??

Yes

Guest SERGi_k
release candidate 3 is uploaded

I have tried it today on my Cingular 8525 on an LVSW Edition WM6.  Works perfect and fast. :rolleyes:

Many thanks and your work is greatly appreciated!  Keep it up!

Guest oceane4064

release candidate 3 is uploaded :

Same problem :

Use program, close program, freeze on Start Menu, impossible to return on Homescreen.

Restart necessarily.

Guest Ingvarr
release candidate 3 is uploaded :

Same problem :

Use program, close program, freeze on Start Menu, impossible to return on Homescreen.

Restart necessarily.

Maybe you have some software or today plugins running from the card?

Guest jongs

Going mad with Error 1f

Have been trying wm5torage with HTC Advantage (Athena, Ameo) absolutely vital program as using the 8GB microdrive is useless with Activesync and unlike the sd cards there is no other way!

It worked twice 1st on installing the 1.2 version before I found this thread and then after putting 1.73 but then kept giving 1f again - even after 3 or 4 resets and every other tweak I could find in these 35 pages.

I believe I may have found a method (has worked twice anyway). I gave up with wm5torage and tried Softick Card Export II that didn't work either so I uninstalled it - and wow wm5torage worked again. Could even use AS then go back to wm5torage and activated happily.

Until a soft reset when nothing would avoid error 1f again. Out of perversity I installed Softick Card Export II again and then unistalled it and yes wm5torage worked again.

ON XDA Developers people have reported conflict with Voice Manager which I do have. But I have NO programs installed on either the microdrive or the SD card.

Any deas on a less crazy way to cope with this?

Guest oceane4064
Maybe you have some software or today plugins running from the card?

Yes, Smart Monitor.

I test without :rolleyes:

Guest 0sAND1s

Hi Ingvarr, thanks for the great program.

I had the same problem with oceane4064 on my SPV C100 (HTC Oxygen, S310) with version 1.73, but it works OK now with the latest beta.

I had a hard time to find the link where the program is uploaded (i did search the forum topic to no avail). I had to search it on google and found it on a french site. It would be great to see the link mentioned for each update.

A question: could WM5torage be extended to make the phone an USB host? Is the phone hardware capable for this?

Thanks a lot!

Guest Ingvarr

The link for the latest beta is mentioned in the first post (program description), in a first sentence,- "if you want to help testing..."

No, most phones do not have USB host capability, they dont even have proper connectors :rolleyes:

If the PDA has USB host, its always clearly mentioned (its important marketing feature).

Guest ausi

I have a DoPod D-810 with a 4GB MiniSD Card and can't get it to work, I get the error "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

Please HELP!!

Guest Renoraine

Hi Ingvarr

Previously, WM5torage 1.73 did not work at all on my device (HTC Advantage). I disabled everything including all the Today plugins, and soft reset, but the error message 1f would always crop up. Then, I tried WM5torage 1.74RC4, and it worked!

TFAT E:/ was a recognisable hard disk on the Desktop.

Then, I tried transferring (drag & drop) a 640MB video file into the e:/ dialog box. Funny enough, there is no "Progress Bar". Is it supposed to be this way? (should I modify the Read/Write : #1 so that the LEDs would blink to signify a file transfer?)

After 5 seconds, I received an error message ... "something about the parameter is incorrect, and all files on E:/ would be lost."

WM5torage hanged after I click "Deactivate".

I did a soft reset on my device, and weird enough ... the 640MB video file is already copied into my MicroDrive. I mean, in 5 seconds flat? That's fast. (Updated : The 640MB file that came through could not be played in CorePlayer. It is a .avi file...but it doesn't play.)

Should I use an earlier version of WM5torage that would work for my case? This is my first time using WM5torage.

PS : Did any of you encounter any of these (above) error messages about parameters etc when doing transfer on your side? More importantly, any progress bar seen on your desktop during transfer? Thanks a lot for your help. icon_smile.gif

Guest Ingvarr
PS : Did any of you encounter any of these (above) error messages about parameters etc when doing transfer on your side? More importantly, any progress bar seen on your desktop during transfer? Thanks a lot for your help. icon_smile.gif

Obviously you had an error during copying and file was not fully transferred, only file name is.

This could happen if particular device not fully supported. I have no HTC Advantage, so no way to check.

People on xda-developers.com reported that WM5torage works perfectly for them on HTC Advandage, both 1.73 and 1.74

I have the progress bar when I copy my files.

Guest Renoraine
Obviously you had an error during copying and file was not fully transferred, only file name is.

This could happen if particular device not fully supported. I have no HTC Advantage, so no way to check.

People on xda-developers.com reported that WM5torage works perfectly for them on HTC Advandage, both 1.73 and 1.74

I have the progress bar when I copy my files.

Thanks Ingvarr for the reply. I'll try and do some trial and error testing on my unit. Cheers

Guest Ingvarr
Do we have a WM6Storage in dev?

No. WM6 uses the same kernel (5.2) and driver architecture as WM5, so no separate version is needed.

As with WM5, success or failure only depends on USB function and memory cards drivers contained in particular device firmware.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest ausi

Ingvarr

I have a DoPod D-810 with a 4GB MiniSD Card and can't get it to work, I get the error "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

Please HELP!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.