WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest MiniMan1275

WM5orage 1.74RC4

Vodafone v1605 WM5.1.461 (Build 15671.3.3.0)

Host PC running XP Pro (fully patched)

Initially gave a code 10 error on the PC

Disabled 'advanced functionality' in USB to PC conections in WM5 and all seems to work fine!

Superb piece of software.

Edited by MiniMan1275

Guest Ingvarr
Ingvarr

I have a DoPod D-810 with a 4GB MiniSD Card and can't get it to work, I get the error "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

Please HELP!!

Sorry, the only guess that you have some software or today plugin that runs from card or keeps open files on it...

Guest ausi
Sorry, the only guess that you have some software or today plugin that runs from card or keeps open files on it...

OK, i was not aware that you cannot have programs installed on the SD card for this to work.

Thanks

Guest ausi
You can have programs installed on SD card.

You just have to be sure they are not running when WM5torage is activated.

OK, i did that but it didn't help either.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Guest braver

Activate asks to stop all programs using the SD card -- even after I do a Stop All!  I wonder whether Today plugins play a role?  Specifically, I have a Skype, Spb Weather plugins, and those programs are installed on card.  Then again, after a softreset, the plugins are still there, but WM5Storage can Activate fine.  Is there a way to avoid the soft reset after Stop All?

Guest Ingvarr
Activate asks to stop all programs using the SD card -- even after I do a Stop All!  I wonder whether Today plugins play a role?  Specifically, I have a Skype, Spb Weather plugins, and those programs are installed on card.  Then again, after a softreset, the plugins are still there, but WM5Storage can Activate fine.  Is there a way to avoid the soft reset after Stop All?

Yes plugins do play a role. Plugin = program.

It basically depends on how these programs/plugins will try to open files on card and lock it. So there is no universal recipe - you will have to try depending on which programs (and even versions) do you use.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest PayableOnDeath
Activate asks to stop all programs using the SD card -- even after I do a Stop All! I wonder whether Today plugins play a role? Specifically, I have a Skype, Spb Weather plugins, and those programs are installed on card. Then again, after a softreset, the plugins are still there, but WM5Storage can Activate fine. Is there a way to avoid the soft reset after Stop All?

what i find useful is TaskManager (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=252964) you can kill any programs that could be stopping WM5Storage from Activating

for example i use Voice command and i have it running on the SD card and i kill voicecmd.exe and WM5Storage works fine

give that a try, might save on a soft reboot

Becarefull of what you kill as you may crash the phone and have to reboot it

Guest PayableOnDeath
HELLO.. COUL SOME ONE HELP ME... I DO I USE MY O2XDA II TO CONNECT TO INTERNET BY MY PC.. I'VE GOT A HEADACE ABAOUT IT. HELP ME PLEASE.. HELP ME PLEASE.. MY EMAIL IS [email protected]. thank you.

what is the problem you are having ?

Guest bendy
No. WM6 uses the same kernel (5.2) and driver architecture as WM5, so no separate version is needed.

As with WM5, success or failure only depends on USB function and memory cards drivers contained in particular device firmware.

Hi

Tried it out and it locked my new WM6 phone (v1415) both times :-(

shame as I used it all the time on my WM5 v1240.

Guest Ingvarr
Hi

Thats odd, because just a page ago a person reported it working on his Orange E650 - its the same phone hardware.

Maybe it uses different firmware though.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest bendy
Thats odd, because just a page ago a person reported it working on his Orange E650 - its the same phone hardware.

I have been "a-messin" with my phone so could be me. I will try again in a while and let you know

thanks

Guest univibe
WM5orage 1.74RC4

Vodafone v1605 WM5.1.461 (Build 15671.3.3.0)

Initially gave a code 10 error on the PC

Disabled 'advanced functionality' in USB to PC conections in WM5 and all seems to work fine!

Superb piece of software.

WM5orage 1.74RC5

i-mate JASJAM (Telstra Next G) WM5 5.1.195 (Build 14955.2.3.0)

Identical problem/solution.

Thank you so much for this excellent software.

Guest lteunis
Hi

Try selecting the SD as drive.

Guest bendy

Hi Ingvarr

I got it working on my VOX (Vodafone v1415)

Put my earlier problems down to my ineptitude.

Thanks for the app I find it invaluable

All the best

Guest j8888h
1.75 final is released.

Thanks to all beta testers for help.

Ingvarr, I meet the old problem with 1.75 final. It cannot past the ALL test mode of software "DiskMark". After test for a while, the PC report the error for disk cache writing failure, and the PPC became unresponsive.

PPC:

Device: T-mobile MDA

Memery: 51.99MB

Card: 1GB, FAT32

PC:

Active mode:

Read Only: No

Removable Class: Yes

LEDs / Vibrators: Write #1

The attachment is the software DiskMark for your test.

DiskMark.rar

Guest Ingvarr

I can run this test perfectly. My results are

0.785 0.472

0.781 0.083

0.574 0.020

Were you able to run it ok in previous versions?

Guest JensK

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this more than useful application, just the tool I was missing!

But after I used it for a couple of weeks, I ran into this problem; I’m not able to access the storage card from my device (qtec 8300 a.k.a. HTC Tornado) nor through AS anymore. The USB storage still works fine, I can activate and deactivate it as normal, but the phone just can’t see it anymore.( not visible when browsing, in camera or mediaplayer). I tried the battery reset..

Does someone have the solution?

Edited by JensK

Guest Ingvarr

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this more than useful application, just the tool I was missing!

But after I used it for a couple of weeks, I ran into this problem; I’m not able to access the storage card from my device (qtec 8300 a.k.a. HTC Tornado) nor through AS anymore. The USB storage still works fine, I can activate and deactivate it as normal, but the phone just can’t see it anymore.( not visible when browsing, in camera or mediaplayer). I tried the battery reset..

Does someone have the solution?

Do you have an empty "Storage Card" folder on your device when WM5torage is activated? If so, try to delete it, and see if it will reappear when WM5torage is deactivated.

Guest JensK
Do you have an empty "Storage Card" folder on your device when WM5torage is activated? If so, try to delete it, and see if it will reappear when WM5torage is deactivated.

I can't find it, where about should I look?

Perhaps formatting the card again is the easiest way to do it .. (I already saved my files)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.