WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Umm, thats the folder that contained the storage card when it was accessible.

Yes, formatting can help. Also try to deactivate wm5torage, and remove & insert the card physically.

Guest arjanonvacation

Hello,

I have a question about the "Enable advanced network functionality" check box on my HTC P3600 WM5 under settings->connections->USB to PC

if i enable this, my pc (WinXPpro sp2) gives an error: "an error occurred during hardware installation, bla bla bla", when advanced network functionality is disabled all works well.

I read about it in other forums as well. Is there a way to let WM5torage disable it automaticaly during activation and re-enable it during deactivation? (by means of a checkbox or so, i know not everybody uses it and not all phones support it)

arjan

Guest JensK
Umm, thats the folder that contained the storage card when it was accessible.

Yes, formatting can help. Also try to deactivate wm5torage, and remove & insert the card physically.

The storage card folder completely disappeared but formatting did the trick.

I hope I can get the old data and applications to run again...

Thank you for your help

Guest discord

Is it possible to mount the system disk to make a backup?

it write status Active without problem on my SDA Music (C500, typhoon, QTEK8100) with WM5, into my computer i have a USB Mass storage (Windows Mobile Device) connected, but nothing in "My Computer" :rolleyes:

Guest cdogg2000

Because I have an SP5 with very little internal storage, I must rely on the SD for alot. I've found this app to be awesome as most would agree, but I was wondering if there is a way that anyone would know of to force the application to stay ontop of all other programs until closed out. I only ask since it's imparative that I deactivate it when done and I certainly don't want to forget to do that. Anyone know of a solution?

Guest Pistol1

Just wanted to say thanks for an amazing app. It works just fine on my Virgin Lobster 700TV (HTC Monet) running WM5. Ideal for me since I can now manage my phone at work, where I don't have Activesync.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ninjaw
Hi friends

Why i can not download it?

Hi naab

Because you got to believe in god.

PS: WMstorage still working perfectly on C600, I was amazed to do a full disk verification + defrag of the card directly in windows, before that, the card was so damaged that WMP wouldnt build library, after that it worked perfectly.

Guest thomas250181

Question / Idea:

Is it possible to mount only a partition - and not the complete storage card?

Background: I have two partitions on my storage card. Under WM5 I can read / write with any programs to these partitions without problems (Card 1 / Card 2). When I activate WM5torage, I could not use any programs / data on the storage card (e.g. RSS reader, Calculator). When I can mount only one partition, so could use these programs (Card 1) and can use the USB connection (Card 2). I need not switch between the modes permanently...

How do you thing about this?

Regards

Thomas

Guest megavader

I used a similar card reader software with my treo 650. after getting Cingular 8525, I came across WM5storage. Thanks for making such useful effort.

I downloaded and tried to activate WM5storage. I could hear the chime sound from winXP but I couldn't see the USB drive under My Computer. I checked the USB Mass Storage Device under Device Manager. It appears that there's an error (Code 10) "This device cannot start."

anyone experience this or know how to make it functional?

the MicroSD card I am using is SanDisk 2GB

Guest Ingvarr
I used a similar card reader software with my treo 650. after getting Cingular 8525, I came across WM5storage. Thanks for making such useful effort.

I downloaded and tried to activate WM5storage. I could hear the chime sound from winXP but I couldn't see the USB drive under My Computer. I checked the USB Mass Storage Device under Device Manager. It appears that there's an error (Code 10) "This device cannot start."

anyone experience this or know how to make it functional?

the MicroSD card I am using is SanDisk 2GB

Try to disable " advanced networking" in the USB to PC control panel settings.

Guest rhoelzl

Hi!

Great software, thanks!

I have one possible improvement to suggest: It is a bit annoying to always have to manually enable the tool. I understand that it is not possible to access the memory card at the same time from the PC and from the Smartphone. But couldn't you add an automatic detection that would recognize when the Smartphone is connected to the PC and then automatically enable WM5torage? And as soon as the device is disconnected again it would disable WM5torage again, so that the memory card would be accessible from the Smartphone again.

I have no idea if it is possible to do this, but it would be great if it were.

Best regards,

rh

Guest Ingvarr
I have one possible improvement to suggest: It is a bit annoying to always have to manually enable the tool. I understand that it is not possible to access the memory card at the same time from the PC and from the Smartphone. But couldn't you add an automatic detection that would recognize when the Smartphone is connected to the PC and then automatically enable WM5torage? And as soon as the device is disconnected again it would disable WM5torage again, so that the memory card would be accessible from the Smartphone again.

Yes, this is already planned for the future version.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Alexander Pevnitsky

Hi, Ingvarr. One question: the number of items in menu Read/Write corresponds to number of the certain disks? If so, why vibro works only on last item? If not, why LED works on the other items too? For example, at Qtek 8300 vibro works only on the second item (#2), and LED - on both (#1 & #2). Tnx

Guest Ingvarr
Hi, Ingvarr. One question: the number of items in menu Read/Write corresponds to number of the certain disks? If so, why vibro works only on last item? If not, why LED works on the other items too? For example, at Qtek 8300 vibro works only on the second item (#2), and LED - on both (#1 & #2). Tnx

Number of LEDs is the number of available indicators for the given PDA model.

In theory it could be #1 for green LED, #2 for red LED, etc.

In practice however it almost always 1 or 2, if 2 then second "indicator" is a vibrator.

Guest Alexander Pevnitsky

Ohho... Ok. But: on my "g-Smart i" program defines four LEDs. Well, two - the light-emitting diodes, one - vibro. And the fourth that? Thus, works only vibro... (Look attch)

post-233094-1183810740_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alexander Pevnitsky

Guest megavader
Try to disable " advanced networking" in the USB to PC control panel settings.

thx for the reply Ingvarr. but "advanced networking" has never been activated(the box's unchecked ever since I got the phone)

but i did update the rom of my handset before. don't know if that would cause the problem

any input?

Guest Ingvarr
Ohho... Ok. But: on my "g-Smart i" program defines four LEDs. Well, two - the light-emitting diodes, one - vibro. And the fourth that? Thus, works only vibro... (Look attch)

"Read" defines which indicator # should flash/vibrate on read operations.

"Write" defines which indicator # should flash/vibrate on write operations.

ie "red led for write, green led for read". Hope this makes sense.

thx for the reply Ingvarr. but "advanced networking" has never been activated(the box's unchecked ever since I got the phone)

but i did update the rom of my handset before. don't know if that would cause the problem

any input?

Sorry, no more ideas. Yes, maybe it has something to do with ROM update. Maybe people who actually use WM5torage on Hermes will be able to help you.

Guest bitslizer

I've a new Sprint Mogul 6800 with WM6 and WM5storage doesn't seem to work on it

I get a Removeable drive but it ask me if i want to format it

Guest nbhor

Hi I have read most of the posts in this thread but looks like no one is still able to successfully use WM5torage functionality on Cingular(AT&T) 8525. I have tried various versions of the application, tried disabling "Advanced Network Functionality". But no luck so far. I have used this app on my previous device Cingular 8125 and it worked like a charm. Its a shame that its not working with 8525. Hopefully it will work if I upgrade my firmware to WM6. (Keeping my finger crossed)

BTN if you are looking for any kind of log files please let me know.

Thanks for the efforts

-nbhor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.