WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Its was already explained in the FAQ.

Yes, its possible, but its too much of a work. CardExport is complex and costs money. WM5torage is simple and free.

I do not say that it will not be done ever. Maybe I will figure out something later.

Its just an explanation of why is it so currently.

Edited by Ingvarr

Hi -- I've installed WM5torage on a Windows Mobile 6 device with two memory cards. One of them, the SD card, shows up fine on my PC. But when I select the CF slot in WM5torage and click "activate," the PC shows a new "removable drive" appearing in my computer, but then freezes until I tell WM5torage to deactivate. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this?

Thanks so much to Ingvarr! What a cool and useful program, and how kind of you to share it with all of us.

Alan

Edited by AEP

Guest montorodi

i have a htc s710 and wm5storage dont run; i install card export and run woww, i thin card export never will be used but still installed xD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tarrinho

I have a HTC 3600 and I was trying to acess from Mandriva Linux a got this!

;)

Hugs,

Tarrinho

Sep 5 16:20:09 ptarrinho last message repeated 3 times

Sep 5 16:20:31 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 18

Sep 5 16:20:31 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

Sep 5 16:20:31 ptarrinho kernel: scsi4 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: Vendor: WM5torag Model: TRIN100 Rev: 1.74

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 00

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: reset full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 18

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: SCSI device sdb: 3970048 512-byte hdwr sectors (2033 MB)

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: reset full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 18

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: sdb: Write Protect is off

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: sdb: assuming drive cache: write through

Sep 5 16:20:36 ptarrinho kernel: SCSI device sdb: 3970048 512-byte hdwr sectors (2033 MB)

Sep 5 16:20:37 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: reset full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 18

Sep 5 16:20:37 ptarrinho kernel: sdb: Write Protect is off

Sep 5 16:20:37 ptarrinho kernel: sdb: assuming drive cache: write through

Sep 5 16:20:37 ptarrinho kernel: sdb:<6>usb 5-8.2: reset full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 18

Sep 5 16:20:40 ptarrinho udevd-event[16689]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb5/5-8/5-8.2/5-8.2:1.0/host4/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0/ioerr_cnt' failed

Sep 5 16:20:47 ptarrinho kernel: usb 5-8.2: device not accepting address 18, error -110

New version 1.78 beta enters the testing

List of changes:

- added the long-awaited option to lock card only when USB cable is actually attached (so when you will disconnect the device, it will automatically see the card again, without the need to deactivate WM5torage).

- fix of the regression bug on HTC Athena, should reliably work on long transfers again (1.73 was ok, 1.75 was not)

- added the feature to automatically disable "Advanced Network Functionality" on activation. This should remove the need to do this manually on Samsung-based devices, but having no such device I can not check - so I will depend on your feedback.

Test it and place a feedback here.

WM5torage_178BETA2.CAB

Edited by Ingvarr

List of changes:

- added the long-awaited option to lock card only when USB cable is actually attached (so when you will disconnect the device, it will automatically see the card again, without the need to deactivate WM5torage).

- fix of the regression bug on HTC Athena, should reliably work on long transfers again (1.73 was ok, 1.75 was not)

- added the feature to automatically disable "Advanced Network Functionality" on activation. This should remove the need to do this manually on Samsung-based devices, but having no such device I can not check - so I will depend on your feedback.

Hi Ingvarr, i have a HTC TYTN II just installed it....

I tried this new version..and the 1.73, 1.75 versions ...

All of them have the same problem... they detect the CARD and make a DRIVE .... but when i try to access it on the WINDOWS says the CARD is NOT FORMATED....

Can you try to give it a look ;) so that it could also work with KAISER !!!

Thanks

Guest Twilight.Cruiser

List of changes:

Hey Ingvar, sounds good! :wub:

I've been awaituing this feature, U know... - what a pitty that my HTC Douton'S Display is broken two weeks ago! Now I'm using a symbian smartphone, but if I get the chance to get a new display that's not too expensive, I will use my WM SP again! ;)

Guest Selectron

I too am using the HTC 6800 (Mogul) and not getting very far. FWIW, Card Export II doesn't work either. Could it be because this device is running Windows Mobile v6 instead of v5?

The logfile is attached if it helps at all. Thanks!

wm5drvlog.txt

Ok, people with Mogul, thanks for the logs.

I will need more detailed logs now.

Please in the registry on the phone in the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DebugZones

put the value ffff (65535) in the wm5torage DWORD value

Then try to connect again, it should make more detailed log then. Upload it here too.

Could it be because this device is running Windows Mobile v6 instead of v5?

Nope, it could not be because of that. A lot of devices with WM6 out there run both apps just fine.

Its entirely the fault of device USB driver again, like with other unsupported devices...

Edited by Ingvarr

Then try to connect again, it should make more detailed log then. Upload it here too.

Nope, it could not be because of that. A lot of devices with WM6 out there run both apps just fine.

Its entirely the fault of device USB driver again, like with other unsupported devices...

Ingvarr, here is the debug file of my TYTN2 with the registry change as you said.

Just keeps asking .... what you need ;)

Thanks.

wm5drvlog.txt

Ingvarr, here is the debug file of my TYTN2 with the registry change as you said.

Just keeps asking .... what you need ;)

Thanks.

Thanks. Remove the previous log (if you can't delete it, just rename it)

Enable the "read only" option, and try to use it again - see if it will work. If it will not, upload a new log again.

Thanks. Remove the previous log (if you can't delete it, just rename it)

Enable the "read only" option, and try to use it again - see if it will work. If it will not, upload a new log again.

Ingvarr, same problem with the READ-ONLY active...

Here is the new log.

Lets put this to work ;) i am here to help :wub: hehehe

wm5drvlog.txt

Ingvarr,

Thanks for the response. Here is my detailed log file for the HTC 6800 (Mogul).

I started the app, hooked up to pc and attempted to access the drive, safely removed and deactivated.

Hopefully that got everything you needed to see.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

-J

wm5drvlog.txt

Hi, Everyone -- the new version looks great! With the new automatically-release-card-when-USB-is-disconnected feature, I'd love to have WM5torage running all the time, so that the SD card is automatically mounted as a drive whenever I plug the PDA into a PC. Does anyone know a way to have WM5torage automatically start (and activate a particular card) after a soft-reset?

Thanks!

Alan

Edited by AEP

Hi, Everyone -- the new version looks great! With the new automatically-release-card-when-USB-is-disconnected feature, I'd love to have WM5torage running all the time, so that the SD card is automatically mounted as a drive whenever I plug the PDA into a PC. Does anyone know a way to have WM5torage automatically start (and activate a particular card) after a soft-reset?

Thanks!

Alan

Create a shortcut in \windows\startup\ that has the following in the command line:

"\program files\wm5torage\wm5torage.exe -t"

I think you can do this with resco explorer, or if you don't have that, you can copy the shortcut from the start menu to your pc, and edit it to point to the above path.

This will start the app automatically with the default Storage Card activated.

Good luck

-J

Guest Martin Bodlak

Hello, Ingvarr, thank you for the effort you are putting into WM5torage development!

I have two ideas:

1) on square screen (Treo 750v) the bottom line with © ... is partially hidden because of smaller screen height. all controls are accessible and it is just a GUI glitch, but it is here and you may want to fix it...

2) is it possible to find out what files are opened on the card? I mean, if I get a "1f" error, I have to switch off today plugins or so to find out and even if I find the guilty plugin/app, sometimes it is not obvious what and why causes the trouble. So it would be nice if there is something like lsof utility on linux...

I don't know if it is possible to be done... but I wanted to let you know ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.