WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Unfortunately I didnt find any way to find what files are currently opened...

Its managed internally by each individual filesystem driver and I didnt see any public API to query for it.

Guest VivaErBetis

Got an HTC TyTN (Samsung CPU). Test results:

- added the long-awaited option to lock card only when USB cable is actually attached (so when you will disconnect the device, it will automatically see the card again, without the need to deactivate WM5torage).
Doesn't run. The program need to be deactivated manually to see the card again.

Works like a charm but you need to check the option "lock card on attach only" (I forget to do it the first time).

- added the feature to automatically disable "Advanced Network Functionality" on activation. This should remove the need to do this manually on Samsung-based devices, but having no such device I can not check - so I will depend on your feedback.

Works like a charm ;)

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by VivaErBetis

I finally got it to work on my Dopod d810=Trinity but it needs Card Export installed also (i saw some thread about this somewhere), without it it won't work. I also had to put a "V" in the "Lock Card on Attach Only" box.

Maybe someone can explain why i need Caed export installed as well,.......does it have an additional USB Driver or something??

Anyhow thanks a lot to Ingvarr, i hope it wont suddenly stop working like Card Export did.

Got an HTC TyTN (Samsung CPU). Test results:

Doesn't run. The program need to be deactivated manually to see the card again.

Works like a charm but you need to check the option "lock card on attach only" (I forget to do it the first time).

Works like a charm :)

Thanks and best regards.

Isn't the Titan the exact same as a HTC 6800 Mogul?

When I downloaded the ROM update from HTC's site, the name of the file was

"RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.09.651.3_1.32.00_SPCS_NV124_new_Ship".

I also thought I read this somewhere as well.

Anyway, if it is the same... I wonder why it won't work on the Mogul, but will work on the Titan?

Thanks

-J

Guest VivaErBetis
Isn't the Titan the exact same as a HTC 6800 Mogul?

When I downloaded the ROM update from HTC's site, the name of the file was

"RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.09.651.3_1.32.00_SPCS_NV124_new_Ship".

I also thought I read this somewhere as well.

Anyway, if it is the same... I wonder why it won't work on the Mogul, but will work on the Titan?

Thanks

-J

The Titan isn't a TyTN ("TyTN" is read "Titan", but t'is a different device). The Titan and Mogul seems to be the same device.

The TyTn got a Samsung CPU and the Titan got a Qualcomm CPU. Here is a comparation chart:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...770&id3=506

Edited by VivaErBetis

The Titan isn't a TyTN ("TyTN" is read "Titan", but t'is a different device). The Titan and Mogul seems to be the same device.

The TyTn got a Samsung CPU and the Titan got a Qualcomm CPU. Here is a comparation chart:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...770&id3=506

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the clairification.

Appriciate the link too...

-J

Hai.

I've got a HTC TyTN II since a couple of days, but WM5Storage doesn't seem to be working. The phone freezes and a soft-reset is required to get it working again. Also Windows (XP and Vista) does detect new hardware, but after that both Windows Explorer (when waiting for a new drive to appear) and the Disk Management interface both freeze until I unplug the phone.

I already turned the Advanced Networking option off, but that doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas ?

With regards,

Martijn

Neither WM5torage nor Softick Cardexport works on TyTN II.

WM5torage does not work due to USB function driver on TyTN II non conforming to specifications.

Cardexport does not work due to TyTN II using a new Qualcomm chipset, not supported yet.

Edited by Ingvarr

WM5torage does not work due to USB function driver on TyTN II non conforming to specifications.

Cardexport does not work due to TyTN II using a new Qualcomm chipset, not supported yet.

Hi Ingvarr

any plans to support tytn II with wmstorage?

it was the most used program on my prophet before i upgraded and now with tytn II i'm really missing this feature especially since many older card readers are incompatable with sdhc cards.

Damn !

Any idea if WM5Storage will support the TyTN II somewhere in the near future ?

Yes, and its in the FAQ.

OK, got it........thanks once again for your terrific work.

A couple of questions for you:

1. I usually leave WM5torage Active, Is there anything i can do to stop it from opening my SD directory on my PC when the USB cable is connected to the PC and my Device is "OFF".

2. Are you planninig to make a little Icon on the TODAY Screen like Card Export??......that would be great as it will become easly accessable.

Any idea if WM5Storage will support the TyTN II somewhere in the near future ?

No idea. Unless whoever did the USB driver (Qualcomm or HTC) will fix the firmware according to specifications to support USB procotols besides already built-in I doubt any support will appear. Currently it (usb driver) just does not work as it should.

OK, got it........thanks once again for your terrific work.

A couple of questions for you:

1. I usually leave WM5torage Active, Is there anything i can do to stop it from opening my SD directory on my PC when the USB cable is connected to the PC and my Device is "OFF"

2. Are you planninig to make a little Icon on the TODAY Screen like Card Export??......that would be great as it will become easly accessable.

1. If it opens the SD when your device is off, then your device is not actually off in "OFF" state, but just "screen off". Guess your device manufacturer implemented it this way.

2. Not yet. Doing that will require a whole additional window and process running in background. I dont want to do this just to handle the icon in the tray, I prefer the wm5torage footprint staying as little as possible.

Hi

Been using WM5 Storage on my M600 with great success - superb application ;)

Just upgrade to an E650 (running WM6)

Unlocked the phone, and managed to get WM5 running OK. PC wil recognise the device and the drive shows up in My Computer....

But when I try to access it, it gives an error to say the drive is not formatted, do I want to format it?

I can read the card in the phone, and have files on there.

Is there some kind of formatting issue between Win XP and WM6, or is this a problem with the WM5 storage software?

I'm using v1.53 - is there a later version that may help reolve this problem?

Also - just found that when I do activate it, it won't then deactivate - I had to remove the battery to get the phone working again....

Anyone else using this succesfully with an E650?

Thanks

Edited by PaulF

No idea. Unless whoever did the USB driver (Qualcomm or HTC) will fix the firmware according to specifications to support USB procotols besides already built-in I doubt any support will appear. Currently it (usb driver) just does not work as it should.

Ingvarr,

Hope you are doing well..

Was just curious if what your saying is that for my HTC Mogul, I will have to wait for a firmware update that addresses this usb issue?

Also, would there be any way to utilize activesync's way of communicating to get around this issue that affects so many devices?

Thanks for your time and take care.

-J

Ingvarr,

Hope you are doing well..

Was just curious if what your saying is that for my HTC Mogul, I will have to wait for a firmware update that addresses this usb issue?

Technically yes, hovewer in reality I dont think they will care about it to fix it. I think its more realistic to wait for support in CardExport.

Also, would there be any way to utilize activesync's way of communicating to get around this issue that affects so many devices?

Umm, yes. Just use ActiveSync ;)

Edited by Ingvarr

Hi Ingvarr

First thks for this great piece of software

Actually im using version 1.75 on my HTC Advantage X7500 WM6 device, and for large files it disconnect with an error (it was reported earlier in the thread). However im getting this error only on my Win XP PC, while it works perfectly without any error on my WIN 2000 Laptop. I thought reporting this would maybe help you in future improvement.

I downloaded version 1.78 beta 2 I'll try it then post my feedback.

Cheers

Hi Ingvarr

Im having in the 1.78 beta2 version same error i was having with 1.75 when copying large file.

Can't find specified file etc ....

However, in 1.75 I was having the error after few seconds while in 1.78 the copy went a bit furthere before getting this error.

Cheers

Hi Ingvarr

Well after a couple of days with your excellent program it has started to behave like Card Export, sometimes working, mostly not on my DopOD d-810 = Trinity.

I have attached the log file i found on my Device so maybe you can tell me what's wrong. The Failure i get = "Can't switch to Mass Storage USB Driver, error 1f.......".

This failure also happens after i do a Soft Reset, meaning no open programs.

wm5drvlog.txt

The Failure i get = "Can't switch to Mass Storage USB Driver, error 1f.......".

This failure also happens after i do a Soft Reset, meaning no open programs.

Unfortunately I can not resolve this one. Log wont help, since this errors means simply that WM won't allow to lock card for exclusive access. Usually this happens when programs have being launched or have open files on storage card.

It can be more tricky sometimes though. For example, if you install something on the storage card, this application may silently place a "service" that launches on system startup, and it can prevent activation too. Also obviously it can be caused by today plugins on the storage card, since today plugins run on startup and remain loaded.

Sometimes it can be even more wierd. For example, I have definite reports that some today plugins that report free/used space on card caused this. I guess they "grab" the card for calculating the space and prevent WM5torage from exclusive access.

Guest gpspassion

Has this been known to work on the Fujistu Loox T830 ? I get an error warning on the PDA and my computer is asking if I want to format, guess not ;-) Tried deactivating "advanced USB" as suggested in the thread but it won't let me, even after I "kill" AS.

Actually I was looking into WM5 as I'm trying to undelete files, anyone know of an app that can do that? Sorry for the OT and TIA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.