WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

just installed on my imate JASJAM and no difference wrt 1.75 : works fine, no automatic deactivation

when USB cable unplugged.

It should not deactivate when cable is unplugged.

The difference appears only if you check the "Lock on attach" option, and then it does not deactivate WM5torage when you detach cable - it just re-mounts card back, so PDA can see card again until you attach cable to PC again, then card automatically disappears again.

But WM5torage stays activated and PDA stays in "flash drive" mode until you manually deactivate it.

Yes, I read from XDA-Dev that CardExport 2 works.

I hope they update it again, and add option to "disable charging when connected to USB" ;) That would make it perfect.

PS: I know you can set it via Settings, but for easy access better to add menu option in the app ...

Guest rotohammer

Ingvarr,

I have an AT&T Tilt (HTC Kaiser) and wm5torage 1.75 and 1.78b2 work fine on Linux. In fact, I didn't even know there was a problem with the Kaiser until I came to this forum to try out the beta. I just tested on XP ( which I keep around for testing) and I get the "card not formatted" error like everyone else. My guess is that because it works fine on Linux, the fix for Windows may not be that involved.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if there is anything I can test with Linux that may give you some more insight into the problem.

-Steve

Guest Ingvarr
My guess is that because it works fine on Linux, the fix for Windows may not be that involved.

If I could fix the USB driver on smartphone, than this would be true.

Hovewer I cant (FAQ).

The errors with Kaiser is with data transmission, driver handles that, not WM5torage. I guess Linux usb driver does it a little differently and it works here.

Guest hunterdg

@ Ingvarr..

As it appears many posters are confused about the fact the the TyTN and the TITAN(Mogul) are two DIFFERENT devices, i pose this question very explicitly.

I own a HTC TITAN (Mogul) (NOT TyTN)

WM5torage will mount a drive on my PC, but will not allow access, instead prompting me to format the 'unformatted' drive. This appears to be a somewhat common issue through the last several pages of this post. I have not been able to find a definitive reply by Ingvarr to this issue.

I found this:

Technically yes, hovewer in reality I dont think they will care about it to fix it. I think its more realistic to wait for support in CardExport.

it appears Ingvarr may have missed that the model being referred to in these posts changed from the TyTN (which appears to have usb driver problem) to the Titan.

can someone please advise? (Preferrably Ingvarr)

I would thoroughly enjoy this app, if only i could get it working.

If i must wait for CardExport for this feature on my Titan/Mogul, then so be it, but i would like to KNOW!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me!

Guest Ingvarr

It was about TyTN II (Kaiser)

Mogul is CDMA, but isnt it using exactly the same Qualcomm chipset for a base? If so, most likely the firmware USB driver is exactly the same and problem is exactly the same too - no proper data transmission.

I dont remember, is somebody actually posted a 1.78beta logs from Mogul. Just drop me PM with log, and I will see if it looks the same as on TyTN II

Guest hunterdg

the TITAN and the TYTN II are decidedly different phones, however I am unsure if the chipset is the same. I'll post my log tonight when I have a computer to hook up to.

Mogul is CDMA, but isnt it using exactly the same Qualcomm chipset for a base? If so, most likely the firmware USB driver is exactly the same and problem is exactly the same too - no proper data transmission.

I dont remember, is somebody actually posted a 1.78beta logs from Mogul. Just drop me PM with log, and I will see if it looks the same as on TyTN II

Guest Ingvarr

Yep, log is the same as on Kaiser - lack of proper USB communication.

It does indeed uses the same Qualcomm chipset (only radio part is different). No luck here, sorry ;(

hi, is there a way to start wm5torage activated already, so u dont have to click on activate/deactivate when u start it?

Edited by arty23

Guest mullisj

I posted this file back in mid-september.

This was generated from version 1.78beta with the DEBUG setting ON. Run on a HTC Titan (Mogul).

Had to "rar" since it was over 4.88MB

Thanks

wm5drvlog.rar

Guest mullisj
@ Ingvarr..

As it appears many posters are confused about the fact the the TyTN and the TITAN(Mogul) are two DIFFERENT devices, i pose this question very explicitly.

I own a HTC TITAN (Mogul) (NOT TyTN)

WM5torage will mount a drive on my PC, but will not allow access, instead prompting me to format the 'unformatted' drive. This appears to be a somewhat common issue through the last several pages of this post. I have not been able to find a definitive reply by Ingvarr to this issue.

I found this:

No idea. Unless whoever did the USB driver (Qualcomm or HTC) will fix the firmware according to specifications to support USB procotols besides already built-in I doubt any support will appear. Currently it (usb driver) just does not work as it should.

Ingvarr,

Hope you are doing well..

Was just curious if what your saying is that for my HTC Mogul, I will have to wait for a firmware update that addresses this usb issue?

Technically yes, hovewer in reality I dont think they will care about it to fix it. I think its more realistic to wait for support in CardExport.

it appears Ingvarr may have missed that the model being referred to in these posts changed from the TyTN (which appears to have usb driver problem) to the Titan.

can someone please advise? (Preferrably Ingvarr)

I would thoroughly enjoy this app, if only i could get it working.

If i must wait for CardExport for this feature on my Titan/Mogul, then so be it, but i would like to KNOW!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me!

I just installed the new card export on my Titan (Mogul) and it actually works. (Read Only)

So I have to disagree with Ingvarr in his statement that HTC will have to realease a new firmware version that fixes the usb issue.

If it was a firmware issue, then softick would not have been able to accomplish this.

Edited by mullisj

Guest Ingvarr

You really should read the FAQ and read it carefully this time ;)

Reading works and write does not because transfer of the large blocks do not work in default driver in direction from PC to PDA, but works in opposite direction.

I never said this is impossible to fix. I said its pretty much impossible for me to fix for the present time. You know, even if I had the amount of time and will to re-write an Qualcomm USB driver in my own expense, its pretty hard to do it having no Mogul or TyTN II myself - I can not even 100% figure out what the exact problem with it is :(

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Beta 3 is out.

Added the "troubleshooting options". Try to enable them only if wm5torage does not working correctly on your device. If it already works ok - these options most likely will do no benifit (and maybe even worsen things).

- Disable Concurrency. Disables the small-block USB transfers and disables the parallel read/write card operations. Most likely will worsen speeds, hovewer it can help on devices where USB transfers are unreliable (periodic errors or not working properly at all). On some devices (notably on Tornado) this option will preven WM5torage from working properly, thats why I warned you not to bother tryin if things already working correctly

- Disable RNDIS on activate. Automatic disable/re-enable of "Advanced Network Functionality". For most of Samsung-based devices where it was needed. May be also of benifit on some other devices, but also may worsen things on yet another devices - no way to predict.

Edited by Ingvarr

hi, is there a way to start wm5torage activated already, so u dont have to click on activate/deactivate when u start it?

so its not possble? or maybe planned in a future release?

Guest eyesquare
Beta 3 is out.

Added the "troubleshooting options". Try to enable them only if wm5torage does not working correctly on your device. If it already works ok - these options most likely will do no benifit (and maybe even worsen things).

- Disable Concurrency. Disables the small-block USB transfers and disables the parallel read/write card operations. Most likely will worsen speeds, hovewer it can help on devices where USB transfers are unreliable (periodic errors or not working properly at all). On some devices (notably on Tornado) this option will preven WM5torage from working properly, thats why I warned you not to bother tryin if things already working correctly

- Disable RNDIS on activate. Automatic disable/re-enable of "Advanced Network Functionality". For most of Samsung-based devices where it was needed. May be also of benifit on some other devices, but also may worsen things on yet another devices - no way to predict.

Hi

I'm trying to get your software to work with my HTC MTEOR smartphone. It installs fine, but locks up the phone whenever I try to activate the software.

I have two settings to choose from:

1) FLASHDR / Microsoft Flash Disk

2) DSK1 / SD Memory card

The memory card option can activate, but it does nothing. The flash disk option freezes the phone and then I have to do a hard reset to get it up and running again. I tried the 1.75 and 1.78 beta releases, both has the same effect. I currently have a 1Gig SanDisk microSD card installed.

Any suggestions?

Edited by eyesquare

Guest eyesquare
Beta 3 is out.

Hi

I'm trying to get your software to work with my HTC MTEOR smartphone. It installs fine, but locks up the phone whenever I try to activate the software.

I have two settings to choose from:

1)

Guest Ingvarr
so its not possble? or maybe planned in a future release?

Its already possible, by any program that allows to set an autostart links. Put a link to "WM5torage -a -q" in the autostart

Guest Ingvarr
2) DSK1 / SD Memory card

The memory card option can activate, but it does nothing.

What do you mean by "does nothing"? Maybe you've expected something wrong, please describe in more detail what is exactly you do and what is happening ;)

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest eyesquare
What do you mean by "does nothing"? Maybe you've expected something wrong, please describe in more detail what is exactly you do and what is happening ;)

What I meant by does nothing is that when I choose this setting (DSK1 / SD Memory Card) and plug it into my computer nothing happens, although this is not entirely true. In the device manager it picks up the new usb connection and that it is a usb mass storage device. The status does however give the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10).

After a few hours of strugling with it though, I got it to work with the new beta version. Had to restart my device a couple of times, but it seems that if I choose the troubleshooting option "Disable RNDIS on Activate" it works. Had to plug the usb cable in and out a few times before it recognized the device, but now it seems to be fine.

What is this option I am disabling?

Guest Martin Bodlak

Hello, I can't see those troubleshooting options - I have Treo 750v and they are probably hidden in the part of the screen which is out of the 240x240 resolution (which means below the "© 2007 ..." text.

Of course, I know that the RNDIS can be switched off manually in the settings. However, please consider rearranging controls on the display (or moving some options to another screen or to a menu or so...) Thank you very much.

(I am trying it with Palm Treo 750v upgraded to WM6 plus Ubuntu 7.10 and Windows XP Professional, both sometimes work and sometimes not and I am not sure if it is a problem in Ubuntu, Windows or Treo USB support... all of them can be buggy, so I think that WM5torage is in a very difficult position... Thank you Ingvarr for your time but I fear it is like a fighting windmills ;)

Guest Ingvarr
Hello, I can't see those troubleshooting options - I have Treo 750v and they are probably hidden in the part of the screen which is out of the 240x240 resolution (which means below the "© 2007 ..." text.

Ouch, I've totally forgot about 240x240 screens, sorry.

I will see what can be done - autoscroll is easy on smartphones, but on PPCs its a pain to implement ;)

Edit: ok, corrected the UI to better go with various screen sizes. Troubleshooting options moved to menu, soft buttons rearranged according to Microsoft guidelines (most used action - left).

1.78 Beta 4 is attached.

WM5torage_178BETA4.CAB

Edited by Ingvarr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.