WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Martin Bodlak
Edit: ok, corrected the UI to better go with various screen sizes. Troubleshooting options moved to menu, soft buttons rearranged according to Microsoft guidelines (most used action - left).

1.78 Beta 4 is attached.

Thank you very much!

However, for some reason, both options are grayed in my case. Is it due to some OS restrictions?

Guest Ingvarr
However, for some reason, both options are grayed in my case. Is it due to some OS restrictions?

Generally they should be grayed when all other options are grayed (ie when wm5torage is activated or valid flash card is not available).

If they are grayed out when other options (ie leds, removable, etc) are not, something is not right. Is that so?

¿wm5torage works in Windows Vista?

works under Vista for me..

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest mikeeey
Ouch, I've totally forgot about 240x240 screens, sorry.

I will see what can be done - autoscroll is easy on smartphones, but on PPCs its a pain to implement ;)

Edit: ok, corrected the UI to better go with various screen sizes. Troubleshooting options moved to menu, soft buttons rearranged according to Microsoft guidelines (most used action - left).

1.78 Beta 4 is attached.

this new version still doesnt work on the kaiser, as ive been reading, card export II does, so i guess il just have to stick with that until its supported..

Guest haplo770

This does not work for the AT&T 8925 (Tilt) in Windows XP, but it works great with Ubuntu.

Excellent Application. Better than ActiveStink.

Version 1.78 Beta2 and Beta4

Edited by haplo770

Guest Martin Bodlak
Generally they should be grayed when all other options are grayed (ie when wm5torage is activated or valid flash card is not available).

If they are grayed out when other options (ie leds, removable, etc) are not, something is not right. Is that so?

It's strange but now it is all right, both options are enabled.

I wonder what had happened before... ;)

Guest mullisj

For HTC Titan (Mogul) owners...

I got read / write access to my storage card using wm5torage by ....

1. install the latest version of card export II (mine is activated. i'm not sure if the demo version will work)

2. deactivate it, by going into options and deselect the run tray at startup box

3. install the latest version of wm5torage (1.78 beta 4)

Guest Ingvarr
i'm not sure if the demo version will work

it will work, that was already written here.

CE fixes the Qualcomm drivers somehow (Qualcomm chipset used by Kaiser and Mogul)

Nice jobb..

V 1.60 Works with Qtek 8310

V 1.78 beta 4 (latest) Works on HTC S700

A FAQ whith working versions on mobiles would be great...

In this tread is not easy to find working realeases for a special mobile.

This program is absolutly the best I have used... I realy hate activesync. but plz look at some way to turn off the program automaticly.

first of all check Microsoft Mobile Security official tool to be sure all security is off

also try in plane mode on

For me all releases are working on HTC SPV C600 (orange fr) and HTC Trinity (Sfr fr S300+) I dont nee dto try lots of betas ...

Edited by ninjaw

I INSTALLED WM5TORAGE 1.75 ON MY HTC S620 WITH WM6 AND IT WAS WORKING FINE,REALLY QUICK TRANSFER...AFTER SOME DAYS I TRY TO CONNECT IT TO MY PC AT WORK AND NOW IT WORKS REALLY REALLY SLOWWWWWWWW!...IT'S TAKES 60 MINUTES TO TRANSFER 100MB...I SOFT RESET MY DEVICE..I INSTALLED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN ITS TOOOOO SLOWWWWWWW!

I INSTALLED WM5TORAGE 1.75 ON MY HTC S620 WITH WM6 AND IT WAS WORKING FINE,REALLY QUICK TRANSFER...AFTER SOME DAYS I TRY TO CONNECT IT TO MY PC AT WORK AND NOW IT WORKS REALLY REALLY SLOWWWWWWWW!...IT'S TAKES 60 MINUTES TO TRANSFER 100MB...I SOFT RESET MY DEVICE..I INSTALLED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN ITS TOOOOO SLOWWWWWWW!

Plz dont cry and plz dont yell, god.

Your problem is easy, upgrade your work pc cause it got USB1.1 nothing to do with this thread.

Plz dont cry and plz dont yell, god.

Your problem is easy, upgrade your work pc cause it got USB1.1 nothing to do with this thread.

you think it's easy..but the problem is that the wm5torage is now slow on both pc's....not only in my work!!!!

And both pc's are usb 2.0!

I think i found the problem,i resently bought a new miniSD card 2GB Kingston!(The previous one was 1GB Transend)

Edited by Spipis

Guest Martin Bodlak
Attached - 1.78 release candidate 1 (debug/logging is off)

If no new problems will be reported, it will be finalized into release

I think that what is really needed is some "experience hw matrix" with WM5torage working status for each and every device type... For example in my case, I have a Palm Treo 750v and WM5torage doesn't work, but I don't know if it is a device USB driver problem, my computer problem, software combination problem... Some kind of functionality matrix is needed - and as a side effect it will stop those "why doesn't it work on my ABC device" questions.

What do you think about that?

Guest Ingvarr

I have no time to do this, at least now.

Also on most devices there is a conflicting evidence - for some people it works, for some it does not. Because in many cases its not solely device dependent, there are too much factors in play (and all is known is in the FAQ already). Basically the only thing that 100% certain that its a wild AS-IS shot :(

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Version 1.8 is released.

Thanks to all testers for the contribution.

If you've used the beta versions, you may delete the wm5drvlog.txt file in the root of your device storage - after you install the release version and do a soft reset.

Edited by Ingvarr

Version 1.8 is released.

Thanks to all testers for the contribution.

If you've used the beta versions, you may delete the wm5drvlog.txt file in the root of your device storage - after you install the release version and do a soft reset.

Hi, 1.8 isn't working on my Kaiser. The drive appears in Windows, but isn't readable. Should I try some of the troubleshooting options?

Cheers.

Guest mikeeey
Hi, 1.8 isn't working on my Kaiser. The drive appears in Windows, but isn't readable. Should I try some of the troubleshooting options?

Cheers.

1.8 does too work on the kaiser! im uninstalling my expired trial of Card Export II. im glad this works now! when i get a chance ill see if my PS3 recognizes it.

Guest pash7ka
1.8 does too work on the kaiser! im uninstalling my expired trial of Card Export II. im glad this works now! when i get a chance ill see if my PS3 recognizes it.

It doesn't work for me... :(

Do you use troubleshooting options?

Have you "Removable type" option enabled?

Do you have "Advanced network functionality" in WM settings enabled or dissabled?

Which ROM version do you have?

Guest Wombleuk

Hi,

I assume that WM5 doesn't support microSD cards ?

When I try to activate mine, I get the message that the card is either not formatted correctly or has the OS on it.

I'm using an HTC Vox with WM6.

Cheers.

Guest Ingvarr
When I try to activate mine, I get the message that the card is either not formatted correctly or has the OS on it.

I'm using an HTC Vox with WM6.

Try to choose different storage device in the combo box.

Edited by Ingvarr

"added the long-awaited option to lock/dismount card only when USB cable is actually attached"

Wow, dude, you rock. I can't remember how often I'd forgotten turning it off, then had to reboot my phone cos WM couldn't find the target for the .lnk to TCPMP (using my C600 as MP3 player on a daily basis). Having WM5Storage "deactivate" itself upon disconnecting the cable is exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much! :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.