WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Sorry, I dont know how to fix leaked firmwares.

Make OS direct (sector IOCTL) disk access fully work - and it will work, that all I know.

If it detects the device but cant actually properly read/write data - that means the problems most likely with actual per-sector flash access. Wheither it down do no proper dismount, or simply lack of proper direct disk access in leaked builds - no idea.

It also can be due to the bugs in the usb function (hardware) driver in these builds - they hardly have big quality as they is.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest ronswens
I already wrote why support for Typhoon/feeler is problematic.

Like with MPX200, for them part of OS is stored on storage card. To make usb disk access properly work, storage card must be made unaccessible to smartphone (dismounted), but no way do it properly when part of OS is on it.

Thats why driver is "activated" and device is "detected", but no actual proper disk access is done later.

Make dismount work, and it will work. But I think you'll need to fix this "unofficial firmware" for that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is completely wrong, no part of WM5 for Typhoon stored on storage card. Probably dismount works a bit differrent, could you give us more diagnostics when it's trying to dismount Storage Card.

Guest rrunner
Sorry, I dont know how to fix leaked firmwares.

Make OS direct (sector IOCTL) disk access fully work - and it will work, that all I know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How I understand itsutl`s are using IOCTL to access directly to card.They are working with this "unofficial firmware", so could be something else.

Edited by rrunner

Guest boden01

Still getting problems with "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

If you are connected with ActiveSync and then activate WM5torage it works fine.

If you then deactivate WM5torage and exit ActiveSync will restart. Next pull the USB cable from the device disconnecting ActiveSync and try to activate WM5torage you get the error.

I have stopped all programs from running but error still persists also from this point onwards ActiveSync refuses to connect. The only way to rectify both problems is to soft reset.

Guest loknmal

;) hello ever body, I'm french!

I have an eten m600 with WM5 and Windows xp pro couldn't install correctly the driver (that is what he is telling to me)!

I didn't install the software on m mmc card but on the memory of my m600!

If you could explain me why windows doesn't want to recognize the m600 as a USB key thank you! ;)

Under OS X (10.4.5) it shows up as :

Windows Mobile Device:

Version: 0.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Product ID: 0xffff

Vendor ID: 0x045e

Apple: Introduction to Mass Storage Device Driver Programming Guide

Anyone in for developing a OS X MSD driver that support WM5Storage?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also like to see this work under Mac OS X. However, I think that would be pretty bad if we had to install a driver to get it to work. I think this program needs to implement the USB mass storage device like other USB drives. I've never seen a normal USB drive that would only work on Windows.

Guest teamfive
I would also like to see this work under Mac OS X.  However, I think that would be pretty bad if we had to install a driver to get it to work.  I think this program needs to implement the USB mass storage device like other USB drives.  I've never seen a normal USB drive that would only work on Windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, MSD always works for me under OS X. (Exept for WM5torage)

What I would realy like is support for iSync and WM5 on the Mac.

Nobody seems to be able to do the trick (yet).

http://www.markspace.com/wm5.html

http://www.pocketmac.net/products/pmpro3/index.html

Damn, they even fixed Windows on a Intel Mac faster ;)

Any chance of a ppc version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This works fine on my XV6700, the only problem is where it puts the short cut. Any chance the installer can be modified to identify if it is on a PPC and put the shortcut into the programs group....

Geoff

Guest ncschult

I always wondered why MS never had this built in, been waiting years for this app. since I got my first PPC with an SD slot. Installed on a Cingular 8125 and can switch between Active Sync and the phone running in USB drive mode with no problems. Thanks!

Guest gilesjuk
I would also like to see this work under Mac OS X.  However, I think that would be pretty bad if we had to install a driver to get it to work.  I think this program needs to implement the USB mass storage device like other USB drives.  I've never seen a normal USB drive that would only work on Windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it works perfectly under Linux, so it seems Max OSX has the problem?

Guest ninjaw
Version 1.3

- added prompt to soft-restart the device after installation

- when storage is attached to USB host, mobile device USB controller and flash disk are ordered to be kept in "Power On" state

- added switch to choose between "Removable" and usual ("Hard Disk") device classes. Will affect how the host OS treats the device - for instance, it will not create System Restore and Recycle Bin if class is Removable.

Updated Wed, Mar 29 2006 1:02 pm

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ARGH i tought it will be a simple removable flash disk, the thing installed me a new cdrom and even ask me to reboot windows !!!!!!!!! I think this is totally useless. Damn, i want it on macos9

Guest scrattyrat
People who getting error 57 most likely havent fully unlocked their smartphones. I know that some unlock "recipies" around dont unlock all APIs, so some software will work, some (more deep system-level) wouldn't. Try this one

to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

That would set security model to "one-tier" - unsigned applications/components will still ask for confirmation, but after you confirm, they will launch in full-trust access mode, like on WM5 PocketPCs.

I was getting the error 57 on my sp5m. Try what is suggested above, i did it and it now works fine.

Great bit of software by the way!!

cheers

Guest bnycastro

Is there a fix for error 1f? How do I use this exactly? So I've installed it to \Storage did the recommended soft reset. Turn the app on and I get the error 1f prompt. After that the device will not sync with Activesync until a soft reset. Should I be connecting it to USB 1st before activating it?

My device:

Dopod 838 WM5 PocketPC

ROM: Qtek Test ROM 2.8.7.1 WWE

Guest bnycastro
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...79entry708679

I've tried what's in that thread for unlocking. I still get error:

"Cant switch to Mass Storage USB drive, error57"

Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the link changed the reg keys on my wizard and now the app works ;) I just wish it did not install automatically to the Accessories folder but I guess this is to make it easier for SP users... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.