WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest _SAs_
Try it with activesync on and notice if activesync will auto-deactivate when you tap "activate".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ActivSync active, but not connect to PC.

same behavior: Tap "Activate" button - status remain "Inactive". Error messages don't appears.

ActivSync still active(not connect to PC).

Guest Ingvarr

Maybe I havent got something right, but can you test it with ActiveSync activated and connected to PC, and see if it will disconnect ActiveSync from PC when you click activate (while still connected to PC in ActiveSync)?

Guest dddrko

Please, people having problems with WM5torage, write you're device information (device name, rom version, etc) when posting.

Btw, works like charm on HTC Wizard, 100% faster than thru ActiveSync.

We love you Igor.

Guest Ingvarr

Yeah, it works on Wizard because platform is very much like Tornado (that I actually can test on).

For other devices I still trying to figure out what changed... What is puzzling is lack of error indication, I thought I did error checks everywhere possible... Still trying...

Posted 1.44 with some additional checks. Now it will indicate switching process with "wait circle animation", so you will be able to see if it actually "hangs in switching".

Guest _SAs_

version 1.44

If disabled Activesync:

Tap "Activate" button - appear "wait circle", status remain "Inactive". "Wait circle" show until tap "Done" button.

If enabled Activesync and connected to PC:

Tap "Activate" button - appear "wait circle", status remain "Inactive". "Wait circle" show until tap "Done" button. ActiveSync still connected to PC.

Guest rperalta

Hi Ingvarr,

I installed it on Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) but it affected the following on my device:

1. "Acitivate" button is grayed out. You cannot press on it.

2. "Activesync" - it hangs, seems like synching would not stop

Thanks,

Robert

Guest sotskov

ver. 1.3x - 1.4 works great on my T-Mobile MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer, WM5)

Now I will testing ver. 1.44.

THNX, Igor

P.S. Softick Card Export II - not working on my device :-(. But I don't need it now! :-)

Guest Ingvarr
Hi Ingvarr,

I installed it on Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) but it affected the following on my device:

1. "Acitivate" button is grayed out. You cannot press on it.

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest pdaclub
What do you mean, nothing on screen except menubar?

Have you restarted after installing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not working on Qtek 9000 (MDA IV) with JASjar ROM (JASJAR_WWE_13076_164_10900_wwe_ship). The taping on "activate" bar nothing change ;), USB driver not started. Lastest correctly working Version on Qtek 9000 is v 1.33

Edited by pdaclub

Guest hempo

Thnx Ingvarr! Works great now after I completely unlocked my phone ;) And i can't complain about the speed when transfering either, i think transfering with your app is faster than AS =)

Guest TomeQ

What transfer speeds are you getting with reading/writing in WM5torage? I have with 1.4 version 450 kb/s in writing to card and ~700 kb/s in reading from card.

Guest Ingvarr
Not working on Qtek 9000 (MDA IV) with JASjar ROM (JASJAR_WWE_13076_164_10900_wwe_ship). The taping on "activate" bar nothing change ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing at all? Not even "colored wait animation circle" appears?

Guest Ingvarr
What transfer speeds are you getting with reading/writing in WM5torage? I have with 1.4 version 450 kb/s in writing to card and ~700 kb/s in reading from card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On 8310 with 2Gb SanDisk I get 450 on writing, 750 on reading. This is the top USB transfer speed that built-in OMAP controller allows - you get same top speed even if you dont actually read/write data, only sending it back and forth.

In ActiveSync its about 350-400 on writing, 600-650 on reading.

Thats because ActiveSync does not use parallel hardware processing, and WM5torage now does.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Travelmate

Hi!

After downloading I got v1.4 (instead of v1.44) and pressing 'Activate' causes nothing

I'm using QTEK 9000 so where to get v1.33 since its the last reported working version?

Thanks

On a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache):

1. Plug in USB

2. ActiveSync Running, PC Activesync client reports connected, can browse, etc

3. Run WM5Storage, Version show 1.44

4. Read-Only Unchecked, Removable Checked

5. Click activate

6. Wait cursor shown, forever, never times out, ActiveSync still connected on PC & PDA

With Activesync not running/USB not connected:

1. Start WM5Storage

2. Click Activate

3. Get wait cursor, does not time out

4. Plug in USB

5. Activesync starts and connects to PC

Hope that helps,

Geoff

Guest Travelmate

Hi!

I've a problem with the latest QTEK 9000 ROM update in that my ActiveSync no longer syncs if my PC's firewall is turned on. I need to turned off my firewall before I can sync - very troublesome indeed. Hence, I use a USB Switch utility which allows me to switch from RNDIS to Serial without the need to disable my PC's firewall

Just tested v1.45 with firewall turned on and here's the result

With ActiveSync turned OFF, WM5storage WORKS! - i.e. I can see my PPC as a drive on my PC.

With ActiveSync turned ON, WM5torage does NOT work!! - i.e. I cannot see my PPC as a drive on my PC

After I disable activesync and click Activate on WM5torage an error message pops up saying "Can't switch to MAss Storage USB driver, error 1f. Maybe some running programs have files open on storage, preventing direct access. Try to close all running programs"

FYI, there're no running programs and USB Switch and WM5torage are installed in Main Memory

I need to soft reset in order to connect WM5torage again.

Thanks

Guest Ingvarr

Well, new driver with parallel writes/usb sends.

Gives more speed, at least for us Tornado/Wizard owners ;)

Btw, another question - with 1.45, do you see it correctly activate? Ie colored animated circle disappears, and status becomes "activated"?

Edited by Ingvarr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.