DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest hujer
... but I am not getting any LED flashing. I have it checked in my preferences. Am I missing something or will this not work on my phone?

If you have WM5 powered device it should work, of course your device must have LED indicators :)

The biggest problem with the LED flashing is it flashes just a bit faster than usual i.e. once per 1,5 seconds. (normally once per 3 seconds). Please try to watch if the flashing interval changes e.g. use menu item "Test" in the Admin, and you have to notice accelerated flashing. You also may try it when the device is connected via USB and charged or when power supply adaptor is plugged in. In this case (device charged) you should notice that solid LED flash will change to blinking state.

Keep me informed.

Guest Watrat
@Watrat,

I have a Q but I can't find an LED! Where is it?

Good afternoon,

When I go into the test I am able to test for sound and vibration but nothing for LED flashing. Maybe the Q doesn't have it? On a different note I am very grately to have found your program. The Alert notification on the Q is set to 15 minutes which is way too long. With this I can set it back to what I want and at two minutes its enough to remind me if I miss something important.

Tom

Guest conan_troutman

I have been using the program for about a week now and all has been fine until last night when i was rudely awakened buy a text message

I chose to ignore knowing I had set up Dont Forget not to function between the hours of 22.30 and 06.30

but 2 minutes later the reminder goes off and again 2 minutes after that

the problem is you see I have my phone set to do an auto reboot at 3 am every morning to keep the phone running sweet

unfotunetly dont forget forgot one thing and that was the state in which it was when the ohone rebooted

ie at reboot it goes back into active mode rather than starting up in inactive mode until 6.30 in the morning

so in reality although dont forget is programed to be inactive from 22.30 till 6.30 it in fact is only inactive till 3.00

I could put it into flight mode at night which would reboot back ino flight mode thus keeping dont forget in active but as I need to be available 24hrs a day that is not an option

please could you see if it is possible for dont forget to start in what ever mode it was in when shut down commenced or when it reboots it some how checks the time and if its in the inactive designated time area it deactivates its self until further notice to activate again

thanks for a great product hope you can make it meet the demands I need of it and maybe that of other users too

cheers...

Guest conan_troutman
:) Why don't you reboot at 6:30 :)

becuase some days between 4 am and 9 am i could be in the car and a reboot in the car cradle causes the phone to go mental and I end up having to do a hard reset

the best time for the reboot is between 12 midnight and 3am as I ahve never been in the car travelling at that time....yet

if the program can not be adapted to perform how I need it I will jsut start disabling it at night altogether if thats possible

Guest hujer
.... the problem is you see I have my phone set to do an auto reboot at 3 am every morning to keep the phone running sweet ...

... please could you see if it is possible for dont forget to start in what ever mode it was in when shut down commenced or when it reboots it some how checks the time and if its in the inactive designated time area it deactivates its self until further notice to activate again.

Yes, I know about this misbehaviour. I will add this point to my todo list which currently consist of these points:

- your point i.e. correct handling of the suspend mode

- ability to NOT show reminder window

- ability to force vibrations (vibration is now dependent on profile's enabled vibration)

And finally, I'm preparing completely new feature called: AutoPilot which wll give you a possibility to schedule some predefined actions (like reboot, profile switch etc.) in given time. Unfortunally I'm busy now and this new feature must wait until September (at least), but I hope I will be able to build some newest version according current todo list during summer.

Guest scottb

@hujer,

Thanks for a very nice application. One request I have is the ability to put a limit on the number of times the reminders repeat. For example, every 7 minutes is ok, but I would want it to stop after about 45 minutes, or after 6 or 7 reminders. Thanks.

Guest hujer
One request I have is the ability to put a limit on the number of times the reminders repeat. For example, every 7 minutes is ok, but I would want it to stop after about 45 minutes, or after 6 or 7 reminders. Thanks.

Hm, I never had a need to limit reminders this way, but I think that's very good idea.

I will add this to my todo list. Thanks for posting !

Guest scottb
Hm, I never had a need to limit reminders this way, but I think that's very good idea.

I will add this to my todo list. Thanks for posting !

Thanks. :)

Guest masteruy

Hujer,

Hi, if I can help you with files o anything for the DONFORGET WM2003SE compatible, I am here.

If you want too, I can help you with the "spanish version" (phrases, etc) of your software.

Thank you for your time.

Guest hujer
if I can help you with files o anything for the DONFORGET WM2003SE compatible, I am here.

If you want too, I can help you with the "spanish version" (phrases, etc) of your software.

Ok, I will send you a private message when the next release is prepared to add new Spanish translation.

But concerning your help with WM2003: what did you mean ? How could you help me ? Are you a programmer or so ? What's you idea ?

Regards

Guest masteruy
Ok, I will send you a private message when the next release is prepared to add new Spanish translation.

But concerning your help with WM2003: what did you mean ? How could you help me ? Are you a programmer or so ? What's you idea ?

Regards

Dear Hujer,

No, I'm not a WM programmer but Im investigating about registry and events.

Thank you for your time

Guest hujer
No, I'm not a WM programmer but Im investigating about registry and events.

OK, maybe you can help me a bit. :)

The reason WM2003 isn't supported is because WM5 stores all information concerning phone state (e.g. missed calls count etc.) in the windows registry in the real-time. But WM2003 devices have no such registry entries thus the info, you have e.g. missed call, must be obtained differently. But I don't know how ?

Maybe, for the first version, SMS and calls are sufficient. Could you help me ?

BTW: I have no WM2003 enabled devide to test it.

Edited by hujer

Guest mikerpalmer

AWESOME APP! Can I make a request? A one click mute? When I am in a meeting it would be great if I could cancel the reminders with the click of a button. make sense?

Guest hujer
... Can I make a request? A one click mute? When I am in a meeting it would be great if I could cancel the reminders with the click of a button. make sense?

Yes it does, but DontForget is not running in the foreground and not "watching" for key-presses etc. So how to implement one-click feature. Just one idea I have is to add a possibility to run Admin program with some command line option. This way you can create a shortcut and run(click) this shortcut or e.g. via xBar3 etc.

Would this be sufficient ? :)

Guest Griff_FFOC

Nice app, works like a charm.

Can it distinguish between types of sms?

i.e. It would be great if it didn't remind me of 'delivery reports' from the 'system administrator'.

If not, it's still great as it is. :)

Guest hujer
Nice app, works like a charm.Can it distinguish between types of sms?

i.e. It would be great if it didn't remind me of 'delivery reports' from the 'system administrator'.

If not, it's still great as it is. :)

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

Unfortunately, DontForget is currently not checking sms-type, but I will do some research if it's possible to (simply) implement such "filtering" in future release.

Guest andy_sutton

This is a great much-needed function on the smartphone. I have a suggestion for a possible future enhancement. I keep my phone locked and like to just look at the screen without unlocking it for a quick look to see a status. Would it be possible to add an option to not display the Don't Forget screen? I just want the 3 vibrations and the sound, I don't really care to see the screen telling me what I missed. That way I can just see the reminders and unread message count on the homescreen. The way it is now the Don't Forget screen blocks everything until I unlock the phone and dismiss it. Make sense?

Thanks again for the great program!

Guest hujer
I have a suggestion for a possible future enhancement. I keep my phone locked and like to just look at the screen without unlocking it for a quick look to see a status. Would it be possible to add an option to not display the Don't Forget screen? I just want the 3 vibrations and the sound, I don't really care to see the screen telling me what I missed....

Yes, I saw similar suggestion here already. I will add this feature to the next release of the DontForget - definitely. But please, wait a bit. I'm very busy now with diffrent business but I promise I will.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hujer
Can you put an option in there to make the repeat interval go off every 30 seconds?

Currently the min. interval which could be choosen from the list is 1 minute.

Did you mean to add a new "entry" to the list of possible values ? E.g 0,5 1 2 ... minutes ?

Guest slicck
Currently the min. interval which could be choosen from the list is 1 minute.

Did you mean to add a new "entry" to the list of possible values ? E.g 0,5 1 2 ... minutes ?

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.