DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest SUPERGILLES
Hello,

I tried the application and found it nice.

It seems that the notification doesn't run when the phone is in sleep mode ?

Am I wrong ?

Thanks for feedback

Guest hujer

Why did you mean with "Sleep mode". As far as I know there is just "Flight mode", a mode on which GSM module is switched off. Please be more specific and\or keep common teminology.

Guest 1319987654321

Very nice app ,

Thanks a lot .

(planned to translate it to chiniese in my spare time,

then more people will use it and hopefully more blind kids can have a better life.

May I do so? =P)

Edited by 1319987654321

Guest hujer
(planned to translate it to chiniese in my spare time,

then more people will use it and hopefully more blind kids can have a better life.

May I do so? =P)

Yes, of course. I will inform you when it becomes actual - before new release version is done

and I will send you a file with English phrases for translations. Thanks !

Guest badbob001

I use a program called smart journal that extracts the call log from my mpx220 (wm2003se). For WM2003 support, couldn't DontForget do something similar and just monitor the call log for new missed calls?

Guest hujer
I use a program called smart journal that extracts the call log from my mpx220 (wm2003se). For WM2003 support, couldn't DontForget do something similar and just monitor the call log for new missed calls?

Yes, OK, thanks, fine ... but DontForget "monitors" also SMS,MMS,e-mails incl. push, and reminders (e.g. from calendar). So maybe the solution is to support e.g. just missed cals and SMS in WM2003 version. And in addition I have no WM2003 powered smartphone to test it in real. Unfortunatelly. :)

Guest hujer

Yes, OK, thanks, fine ... but DontForget "monitors" also SMS,MMS,e-mails incl. push, and reminders (e.g. from calendar). So maybe the solution is to support e.g. just missed cals and SMS in WM2003 version. And in addition I have no WM2003 powered smartphone to test it in real. Unfortunatelly. :)

Guest maxyoga

Hi, love the application, but I must have installed it incorrectly because the application stops running after I turned the phone off and turned it back on. What do I need to do in order to get the application to automatically run upon startup.

I have windows mobile on the Motorola Q.

Thanks!

Max

Guest hujer
Hi, love the application, but I must have installed it incorrectly because the application stops running after I turned the phone off and turned it back on. What do I need to do in order to get the application to automatically run upon startup.

Did you use CAB installer ? If you just use ZIP archive (manual installation) you have to create a shortcut to DontForget.exe and place it to the /Windows/StartUp folder in order to run DF automatically during startup.

The best way is to use provided CAB version/installer which will setup all necessary things automatically.

Hope this helps.

Hi hujer, When do plan to release a new version?

I would like to do that during September, because now I have holidays for few weeks.

After my holidays I hope I will have time to prepare new version for the release.

Currently I have to decide ...

Which features are most wanted and should be included in newest version ?

Guest famewolf

I have two requests:

1) Monitor the voicemail indicator in addition to missed calls

2) Allow sending of email when alert is triggered.

My situation:

I tether the phone to my pc alot...when the gprs connection is idle and someone calls..the phone will ring..and I can either answer or get a missed call but if the gprs/edge connection is in an active download the phone never gets the call...it does not show up as a missed call and the caller is routed to voicemail...when the phone goes idle it will notice there is a voicemail and the voicemail indicator will come on. Ideally at this point I would like to fire off an email to myself letting me know I missed a call and need to check it.

Thank you for your time!

Guest Jovance

If i am right, your software still doesn't work on Motorola MPX220? I've installed it and it works but doesn't remind me of anything. Process is active, settings are saved but no reminders of missing anything (sms, mms, calls, reminders...) How can i help you make it work on Motorola MPX 220?

If i am right, your software still doesn't work on Motorola MPX220? I've installed it and it works but doesn't remind me of anything. Process is active, settings are saved but no reminders of missing anything (sms, mms, calls, reminders...) How can i help you make it work on Motorola MPX 220?

Please,please... read all the thread and you will find the answer.

DontForget is (correctly) working on WM2005 only. Of course it will run on WM2003(SE) but checking mechanism will not not because of big registry differencies as stated x-times before this post. I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sawyerrm
Yes, I saw similar suggestion here already. I will add this feature to the next release of the DontForget - definitely. But please, wait a bit. I'm very busy now with diffrent business but I promise I will.

You have written a wonderful program and I agree that the displaying the screen could be an option. Is there a source for wav files that last longer than the trolley.wav. I do prod support and need to be woken up by text messages. The three short "dings" of the bell is not enough.

Thanks again for a great program. BTW, I clicked on all the ads for the blind school.

Robert

... I agree that the displaying the screen could be an option. Is there a source for wav files that last longer than the trolley.wav. I do prod support and need to be woken up by text messages ...

Thanks again for a great program. BTW, I clicked on all the ads for the blind school.

G! Thanks for clicking ads :D

Next version (I'm working on) will have this option - and much more.

Concerning the wav sound files: you can use any wav file you have or you can search for arbitrary sound on the Internet or convert some sound e.g. from MP3 to WAV format. There is a couple of web pages where you can hear and download WAV sounds for free. Try e.g. google search for "WAV sound gallery" or "short WAV sounds" and you will get a lot of possibilities ...

Guest sawyerrm

I tried a variety of wav files, some work some don't. The error message is " PlaySoundAndVibrate2 failed unsupported wave format". I thought it might have to do with the size of the file but even some small ones don't work. It's not important, I can always find another job if I sleep thru a page. :D

Another topic, I'm a Java developer who's interested in writing code for mobile devices. What SDK do you use?

Thanks.

I tried a variety of wav files, some work some don't. The error message is " PlaySoundAndVibrate2 failed unsupported wave format". I thought it might have to do with the size of the file but even some small ones don't work.

The best is to watch for 8-bit, Mono, 22kHz WAV files and PCM audio format.

Or you can convert to it using common Windows "Sound recorder" software.

Another topic, I'm a Java developer who's interested in writing code for mobile devices. What SDK do you use?Thanks.

I'm a C/C++/C# developer and all my apps are developed in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 (or 2005) Professional incl. SourceSafe using CompactFramefork SDK for C# programming (.NET).

• 2 weeks later...

Important

Now you can find some additional information and news concerning DontForget (incl. prepared version)

on my home page HERE.

Or you can directly read the NEWS page or ask a question in new SUPPORT page.

Edited by hujer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DontForget 2.0 Beta 1 released

• New GUI i.e. user interface of the Admin program (DontForgetAdmin.exe)

• New localization strategy (multilingual versions)

• Minimum remind interval (reminder time) can now be set to 30 seconds (1 minute before)

• Possibility to show(or not) the message window „Don't forget…“ on missed events. If the option is off, DontForget will just play sound and/or vibrate and no window is displayed.

• Possibility to automatically switch to Flight-mode when DontForget is deactivated in selected time.

• Possibility to automatically switch device off when DontForget is deactivated in selected time.

• Now you have a posibility to slow down or completelly disable standard LED blinking. By default your device is blinking ca. once per 3 seconds. You can change this behaviour and make the LED bliking on missed events (once per 1,5 second) more visible.

More detailed information and download you can find HERE !

Enjoy

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.