DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest jefflrib

Better than ever !

Now I think you have improved it a lot :)

To have an option to turn off that annoying led on my Dopod S300 (aka startrek) is a relief :rolleyes:

To improve it a little bit more ;) can you include the profile "meeting" ?

Thanks for this amazing program ! :(

To improve it a little bit more :rolleyes: can you include the profile "meeting" ?

Please read TXT file atached to the beta version ZIP file properly.

ALL stuff concerning profiles (switching to, deactivate in) will be in the next Beta

or in final version 2.0. All profiles available on your device will be suported in the next (beta or final) version.

Currently there are only (not working) placeholders...

Watch this page for news.

Edited by hujer

Guest Griff_FFOC

Can you look into a possible problem with your Don't Forget program.

Both myself, my Fiance, and my friend, all have Don't forget installed on our phones and at random intervals when using the phone after leaving it for a while, get errors such as "cannot find :MSStart" when pressing the start key or "cannot find :MSQuickApp" when pressing the power button.

It may not be Don't Forget at fault, but this is the only thing in common, and since I have taken it off, i'm not having any problems now.

I also noticed a couple of other people on the forum had this problem, and they too had Don't Forget installed.

(as a note, I have not tried your latest release)

Can you look into a possible problem with your Don't Forget program.

... at random intervals when using the phone after leaving it for a while, get errors such as "cannot find :MSStart" when pressing the start key or "cannot find :MSQuickApp" when pressing the power button.

... (as a note, I have not tried your latest release)

Hi

Funny is it never happened to me on my Qtek 8310 where DontForget is installed and running all the time. Maybe it is device specific :rolleyes:

But when working on DF 2.0 Beta I found there is a place in the code where the previously opened registry keys are not properly closed. This should be fixed in the Beta version already. So maybe you should try to download and test whether this new version ( DontForget 2.0 Beta 1) causes the same error.

Explanation: e.g. :MSQuickApp is a shortcut for windows\quickapp.exe application. This info is stored in the registry and once the WM asks for an aplication which should do common "quickapp" work, opens the registry and tries to fetch the value associated with :MSQuickApp key. This allows to assign different aplication which can do "quickapp" job e.g. with some specialized version of this software. But maybe there is not enough free handles system can use to open this registry key - thus error you described is reported. Might be.

Please give me a feedback after testing it.

Guest singhnx

Great program Hujer. I do like it.

However, I think that there might be a memory leak in the program. After starting up the Admin and allowing the notification program to run, my available memory seems to dip and drop over the course of hours.

I do have other programs running, but this consistent drop in memory seems to have started after I installed Don'tForget. But I might be wrong. :rolleyes: It wouldn't be the first time.

Again, thank you for the great program.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm using the Cingular 3125.

Edited by singhnx

... I think that there might be a memory leak in the program. After starting up the Admin and allowing the notification program to run, my available memory seems to dip and drop over the course of hours.

Thanks for the report. I will check it (and fix) before the final release is out.

Just installed this on my spv m3100. Its an excellent application and one that fixes the most annoying thing about the phone. However the spv shuts down after five minutes (maximum) when unused and after that the wav alerts cease to function. Is the app supposed to "wake up" the phone or am I stuck with no alerts after five minutes?.

Excuse my ignorance but im new to the world of smart phones.

any help appreciated.

Guest omerparacha

im new here, and i tried starting a new topic but it said i didnt have permission to do so. so if my reply seems out of place i am extremely sorry, but i need to ask sooo...here goes!

i was wondering if is there an application that can count the number of SMS i sent from my snartphone?

also, it doesnt lose count if i delete the SMS i sent until i clear the count. it should also count the number of messages in terms of length. for example it should count a message of 270 char as 2 messages and add them to the total sms i have sent from a particular date.

for example,my provider gives a package of 175 free messages month, id like to know how many out of those 175 i used so that if theyre done, id know im being charged!

... spv m3100 shuts down after five minutes (maximum) when unused and after that the wav alerts cease to function. Is the app supposed to "wake up" the phone or am I stuck with no alerts after five minutes?.

I'm sorry.

Currently DontForget is an application designed for Smartphones i.e. for devices with WM5 Smartphone edition.

I cannot guarantee it will run correctly on different platform, and you have a device with WM5 PocketPC Phone Edition which is something different. I'm sorry, but I have no PPC device to test it and also, to behave correctly on PPC platform the application should be re-compiled for it. But my plan is to buy a PPC device in the future.

I'm sorry.

Currently DontForget is an application designed for Smartphones i.e. for devices with WM5 Smartphone edition.

I cannot guarantee it will run correctly on different platform, and you have a device with WM5 PocketPC Phone Edition which is something different. I'm sorry, but I have no PPC device to test it and also, to behave correctly on PPC platform the application should be re-compiled for it. But my plan is to buy a PPC device in the future.

Thanks for the reply. It does work though :rolleyes:

Guest singhnx

Has anyone experienced this issue with their phone?

My phone syncs up with my work Lotus Notes and my personal Exchange server (free service from mail2web.com).

However, it doesn't notify me when there are any new SMS or new e-mails waiting for my attention. For a day or so, it will work but then it stops working. Initially I thought that this was a problem with DontForget, but it is NOT.

If I only synchronize with Lotus Notes or only sync with the Exchange server this is not a problem.

Also, I can use Sprite backup to fix this problem. I have to hard reset the phone and start from scratch. I cannot drop an image from Sprite Backup to fix this.

Along with not giving me the notification, DontForget also does not work and does not show any reminders for an unread SMS or e-mail.

Hujer, how does your program check for unread SMS or e-mails? If I know which registry key you are trying to use for this or some other way that you have of seeing this, then I might be able to see where the disconnect is.

If I open up the messaging folder, it does show a number in parentheses i.e. (1) if I have an unread message waiting for me.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I went into the registry and changed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Microsoft->Inbox->Settings->SMSAvailable

Even though this showed a 1, I changed it to a 2, changed it back to a 1.

Restarted the phone.

Now the SMS/e-mail notification works.

Edited by singhnx

Guest jcostantino

I installed DontForget on my Wizard and it works but not when the system is sleeping. If the phone is awake at the time, the alerts come through as expected but if the phone is asleep, nothing happens.

My guess (I'm not a programmer) is that DontForget needs to be available during the sleep cycle like when the phone rings and the system wakes up.

I installed DontForget on my Wizard and it works but not when the system is sleeping. If the phone is awake at the time, the alerts come through as expected but if the phone is asleep, nothing happens.

My guess (I'm not a programmer) is that DontForget needs to be available during the sleep cycle like when the phone rings and the system wakes up.

Always the same ....

Currently DontForget is an application designed for Smartphones i.e. for devices with WM5 Smartphone edition. I cannot guarantee it will run correctly on different platform, and you have a device with WM5 PocketPC Phone Edition which is something different. I'm sorry, but I have no PPC device to test it and also, to behave correctly on PPC platform the application should be re-compiled for it. But my plan is to buy a PPC device in the future.

Guest jcostantino

Oh don't worry, I understand that it isn't designed for the PPC platform. I was just getting back to you (I PM'd you about a week ago) and wanted to let you know that it works as long as the PPC isn't sleeping which means something "extra" needs to be done to allow it to function during sleep but otherwise it works as it did on my Smartphone with the exception of waking it from sleep.

Always the same ....

Currently DontForget is an application designed for Smartphones i.e. for devices with WM5 Smartphone edition. I cannot guarantee it will run correctly on different platform, and you have a device with WM5 PocketPC Phone Edition which is something different. I'm sorry, but I have no PPC device to test it and also, to behave correctly on PPC platform the application should be re-compiled for it. But my plan is to buy a PPC device in the future.

Guest kingbear2
Has anyone experienced this issue with their phone?

My phone syncs up with my work Lotus Notes and my personal Exchange server (free service from mail2web.com).

However, it doesn't notify me when there are any new SMS or new e-mails waiting for my attention. For a day or so, it will work but then it stops working. Initially I thought that this was a problem with DontForget, but it is NOT.

I and others on MGN are having similar problems. I thought it was a program called AbstractStart that did it, but apparantly it seems to be Don't Forget. Now while I realize that this software is still in beta, I should hope that the developer will look into this issue. The reason why it would be hard to debug, is because it only happens sporadically. For example, I've had Don't Forget installed for 5 days now and this problem only happened twice. No specific actions that I did caused it to happen, and a simple reboot brings it back to normal. Still, noticing 5 hours late that I have 4 new text messages and 12 new e-mails is a big problem for me.

Thanks again for making this program, and please let us know when this issue will be resolved. Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the option to set Don't Forget to only remind me with a Vibrate X amount of times.

In the case you have troubles DontForget doesn't notify you about some events (as e.g. described in post "My phone syncs up with my work Lotus Notes and my personal Exchange server ....") please

export complete registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State" sub-branch

and send it to me at hujer-at-softimage-dot-cz. Thanks.

Of course you have to export the registry in the moment when you think DontForget should notify you about some event. Just for comparison you also can export the same registry branch after phone reboot.

Edited by hujer

Guest bubbaphone

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your program! It is JUST what I've been looking for with the exception of just one thing.

Can you make a notification for new voice mail messages? I work in construction and don't always here the phone ring because of job-site noise, and I would like my phone to remind me of new voicemail messages too.

Is this possible? Thanks again!

Can you make a notification for new voice mail messages? I work in construction and don't always here the phone ring because of job-site noise, and I would like my phone to remind me of new voicemail messages too.Is this possible? Thanks again!

Yes this is possible and because you are not alone with this request I will add this feature to the next version of the DontForget. What I'm not sure is whether this will be included in the first (final) release of version 2.0 or in the next one i.e. 2.x. Maybe I will add this before Christmas as a suprise ... :rolleyes:

Guest micamsp

Quick question about the 2.0 Beta Deactivation settings. I read that you mentioned the Deactivate in Profile setting was not yet functional. What about hte Deactivate in Following Time Setting? Is that working yet or is it just my install that won't allow me to set it. I had a text notification that was annoying me every 15 minutes last night for half the night.

Quick question about the 2.0 Beta Deactivation settings. I read that you mentioned the Deactivate in Profile setting was not yet functional. What about hte Deactivate in Following Time Setting? Is that working yet or is it just my install that won't allow me to set it. I had a text notification that was annoying me every 15 minutes last night for half the night.

Hi

"Deactivate in Following Time Setting" feature should work. This feature is not new in DF version 2.

You have to enter correct time into text-box e.g. "23:00-05:00" and check the option on.

Guest singhnx

Hujer,

I've having the same issues again ... not receiving notifications for new sms and e-mails. I've checked the state and it says 0 in the count value for sms... as opposed to the number that I should see 2 for the two new txt messages.

Any ideas as to why this is not getting changed? I've tried a reset (soft) and hard (I used Sprite to restore afterwards)

My other approach to change the value from 1 to 2 and then back doesn't work anymore.

I've having the same issues again ... not receiving notifications for new sms and e-mails. I've checked the state and it says 0 in the count value for sms... as opposed to the number that I should see 2 for the two new txt messages. Any ideas as to why this is not getting changed? I've tried a reset (soft) and hard (I used Sprite to restore afterwards)...

As I wrote in some previous post.

In the case you have troubles DontForget doesn't notify you about some events (as e.g. described in post "My phone syncs up with my work Lotus Notes and my personal Exchange server ....") please

export complete registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State" sub-branch

and send it to me at hujer-at-softimage-dot-cz. Thanks.

Guest Treschic

Hi. I love your application and have downloaded and installed it; however, I have difficulty using it on my Motorola Q since the device doesn't support .wav files. The Q plays .mp3 and .wma files only. Is there a simple registry fix I can make to allow this program to work for me?

Thanks for much for sharing your helpful application with everyone!

-Treschic

Hi. I love your application and have downloaded and installed it; however, I have difficulty using it on my Motorola Q since the device doesn't support .wav files. The Q plays .mp3 and .wma files only. Is there a simple registry fix I can make to allow this program to work for me?

Thanks for much for sharing your helpful application with everyone!

-Treschic

Not sure what could be going on with your device. I use wav files for all the alert sounds on my Q.

Hi. I love your application and have downloaded and installed it; however, I have difficulty using it on my Motorola Q since the device doesn't support .wav files.

You have to use 8-bit, Mono, 22kHz WAV files and PCM audio format for the DontForget as the best choice.

You can convert any wav file to it using common Windows "Sound recorder" software.

Edited by hujer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.