Free push email too good to be true?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stabilo
does anyone know how to keep a copy of your sent items on your phone plus is there a way to add notification to my mail2web push account. i have too keep looking at my screen .

Sent emails are automatically saved in your sent folder. If you mean how do you keep incoming emails before they are removed on subsequent ActiveSync's the answer is move them to your sent folder.

You can receive audbile notification by following:

Start

Settings

Sounds & Notifications

Notifications tab

Scroll down event to Messaging: New e-mail message

You can then set a sound of your choice, vibrate, flash light etc.

Guest jullian_d

thanks Stabilo

i get the notification working but still no luck of keeping a copy of sent items on my sp5

Sent emails are automatically saved in your sent folder. If you mean how do you keep incoming emails before they are removed on subsequent ActiveSync's the answer is move them to your sent folder.

You can receive audbile notification by following:

Start

Settings

Sounds & Notifications

Notifications tab

Scroll down event to Messaging: New e-mail message

You can then set a sound of your choice, vibrate, flash light etc.

Guest jimbouk

After syncing your device with your server and disconnecting, you can then specify which folders to sync and need to tick sent items to get it included.

With pop mail services, saving to sent items is in the account settings.

Guest jullian_d

thanks jimbouk

the only other thing now is to make my pop3 email show when i reply and not my mail2web address. i use fowarding on my pop3 account

After syncing your device with your server and disconnecting, you can then specify which folders to sync and need to tick sent items to get it included.

With pop mail services, saving to sent items is in the account settings.

Guest nuttyphilt
thanks jimbouk

the only other thing now is to make my pop3 email show when i reply and not my mail2web address. i use fowarding on my pop3 account

with the free mail2web account you can't change the reply-to address. One of the limitations of the free account unfortunately.

Guest keni
As I understand it there is a regular "heartbeat" between the device and phone which, I believe, Microsoft say should be between 5 - 8 Mb /month but others have reportrd could be as high as 12 Mb / month - this is without any emails which, of course, would be on top of that.

Orange in the UK say they have reduced the amount of data used for this heartbeat but I'm not sure if that's only if you use their server.

This still is cheaper than pooling every 15mins!

Guest JPHCCFC

Ive been looking at the possibility of different ways of utilising the push mail facility.

The main objective is to make it a s cheap as possible, with the stipulation that I need to be able to download my mail to my outlook desktop client. Webmail pop3 is fine for me and I don

Guest Confucious

I got myself a copy of SBS and now run my own Exchange server.

My domain host (idealhosting.co.uk) were very good changing the MX and A records so I can use my server for email (with theirs as backup if mine goes down) and havenlt avtually charged me since I joined them last millenium!

SBS I got free when I became a MS partner which I only did to get the free s/ware so my push email is costing me nothing ;)

Guest nosdrahcir

Free Push email is available using IMAP IDLE - a built in feature of the IMAP server protocol

I personally use VGSMail - good software with great developer support - www.vgsmail.com/ppc

Give it a try...

• 1 month later...
Guest tefal la

I am more interested with the calendar and task sync on this, but cannot access mail2web from work as it is blocked. But I can access google calendar.

Anyone know if you can publish your calendar so google calendar can pick it up.

If you could sync directly to google calendar that would be great.

Guest tefal la
Why use Google calendar? Mine synchs with my server

Perhaps i am missing something. I am trying to keep work and personal calendars seperate.

Keep personal on my qtek 9100 and want to be able to access it at work even if i only have work phone with me. As said, work block all web email services but can get to calendars like google etc

I also only have a mac at home so can publish from there via ical to google, BUT currently there is no software to sync wm5 to mac. markspace is an alpha that needs bluetooth, could not get that to work.

Therefore trying to get all calendar in google and my phone and getting very confused!!!

• 7 months later...

Hi Just to let you know I've tried the mail2web live with my Nokia E61 and it works a treat using the Exchange Mail connector that is built into the Nokia E61 software.

Just setup mail forwarding for your regular email to your mail2web address and set your Nokia to check live.mail2web.com every 5 or 15 minutes and hey presto!

It works a treat!

I'm well chuffed.

Guest chucky.egg

The idea of the hosted Exchange accounts is that email (and contacts, calendar etc) are pushed to your device - like a Blackberry.

There's nothing wrong with polling every N minutes, but does the Nokia not let you get email "as it arrives"?

Guest Confucious
Hi Just to let you know I've tried the mail2web live with my Nokia E61 and it works a treat using the Exchange Mail connector that is built into the Nokia E61 software.

Just setup mail forwarding for your regular email to your mail2web address and set your Nokia to check live.mail2web.com every 5 or 15 minutes and hey presto!

It works a treat!

I'm well chuffed.

Set it to check? Can't you just do that with any email account? I tjhought the E61 had push e=mail? But It's a Nokia not a SmartPhone so not really of interest on Modaco - hop over to www.mobiholics.com for mon SmartPhone phones!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.