WM5 for Smartphone Default Color Schemes

Guest Ericwm5

Hey Ingvarr,

I love your color schemes! But, I am in kind of a predicament. I am looking for a green scheme, and none I have found so far use the shade of green I like. (Yes, I know, I'm picky). I don't know how hard it is to make the schemes, but I was wondering if you could make me a scheme, or add to your scheme pack this color green. If so, I would appreciate it soooo much. If not, that's cool, too.

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Green color:

greenww2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the file! This is what i was looking all over the net for. I didnt want an entire "theme" just a color scheme option. I still would like to know if you can do a JET BLACK or just black and a dark red (if it's possible) or even if you didnt want to do that, you could post the instructions on how to create a color scheme.. Anyway, thanks again.

Edited by Pudgy

Guest Ingvarr

Color Scheme is an ordinary .cab file.

Inside is xml with colors and background images.

Basically all you need is to change two colors for the needed shade and also edit background image (for myself I did a gradient map in the Photoshop to map one color gradient to one of another color).

I think I would be unable to fit every color imaginable into this package - it will be quite big.

I've thought to write an application to automatically generate "generic scheme" by only color tint set, but it proved to be not so straightforward - results are a lot worse then manual fine-tuning of colors.

Edited by Ingvarr

cool. thanks for the info. i'd still like to have one color scheme that's black, but fomr what you said, the fact that their has to be a gradient fill for 2 colors, it doesnt seem that absolute black would not be possible. Or is it???

Guest Ingvarr

Yes, absolute black would not be possible.

Actually, you can specify only basic color shade, and WM will compute rest of colors. So best you can do is dark grey.

It works that way that, you dont have absolute control over all colors...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great color schemes for my portrait smartphone (3125)!

However, I installed it to my landscape BlackJack and now want to remove it but it's not listed either through Remove Programs on the phone nor through Add/Remove Programs in Activesync...any help is appreciated.

Guest js_martin
Most likely Cingular have overriden the theme settings with their custom background. To make theme work, this registry setting (that specifies custom menu background) must be removed, unfortunately I dont remember its name :)

Courtesy of encece on another post, here are the instructions for changing the Start Menu background:

To Change Start Menu Background...Change Registry to:

1) Navigate to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSStart

2) Click on: Values

3) Check if you have an entry called "BKBitmapFile". If you do not, create a new "String" value.

Name : BKBitmapFile

Value data: \Application Data\Home\BKBitmap.jpg (this is the path to image file)

Thanks for a great color theme!! I love the new green :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest iron1

i have been wondering if it was possible to make the top bar a different color than the softkey bars lke orange c600{orange and dark gray] and sda t-mobile[pink and dark gray]

that would be fantastic ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistol1

Another pest asking you for blue I'm afraid...

Great little pack though, I don't like cluttering my phone up with lots of themes/skins etc. Just being able to change the colour scheme rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THEPAPU

please please make a shiny black one??

there great by the way i love the grey one but a shiny black one would be sex ...thanks a million XD

• 4 months later...
Guest jaimemitchum

When I try to download this file, my computer says "Windows cannot open this file" and needs to know what file to use to open it. What do I do? I have a t-mobile dash and I am running Windows Mobile Device Center rather than Active Sync, as my computer is Vista. Please help, I really want a pink color scheme on my phone! Thank you.

• 4 months later...
Guest poipoipoi

the purple is SO NICE. Just wanted to say thank you to the maker, and to the guy who explained how to install it (who saved me half an hour of trial and error!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.