Who's left Orange for T-Mobile?

Guest chucky.egg

Guest sporkguy

I made the switch today, and I'm incredibly happy with it so far.

Made one call to CS so far, and the lady was 200% more friendly and efficient than any of the Orange CSRs I've worked with.

Guest Dr Who

I am in a similar situation to dearsina, if I had jumped when the 25% discount was still available I would have made the money I lost by buying out 9 months of an O contract in 3 months with T-Mob. Only haven't jumped yet because of the dated phone lineup on T.

Guest Shaunfarris

I almost switched to T Mobile from Orange after 10 years, but after visiting my local T mobile store and speaking to the 3 assistants, I decide their support was diabolical.

Orange STILL cannot be beaten for customer support.

Vodafone are far and away the most unhelpfull

O2 data is pathetic

T Mobile despite what they say their unlimited data certainly is'nt, there are so many restrictions on use, that all you can do is view web pages and nothing else.............you'd be hard pushed to use

Guest markdotpeters5

You've obviously got through to different Orange staff to me then. Some of the worst customer service I've had in recent years came from them, and that's why I left.

3 on the other hand, have been brilliant so far!

Guest Jasonkruys
I almost switched to T Mobile from Orange after 10 years, but after visiting my local T mobile store and speaking to the 3 assistants, I decide their support was diabolical.

Orange STILL cannot be beaten for customer support.

Vodafone are far and away the most unhelpfull

O2 data is pathetic

T Mobile despite what they say their unlimited data certainly is'nt, there are so many restrictions on use, that all you can do is view web pages and nothing else.............you'd be hard pushed to use

Edited by Jasonkruys

Guest impy78

All I can say is that it has been an absolute joy, and I can't wait till I can afford to buy out my orange contract and upgrade my price plan to flext 35!!!!

Guest sporkguy

I agree with you on that one Cathy, being with tmobile has been most pleasant - and looking forward to next 17 months of no hassle :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rav1patel

Made the switch to T-mobile as well. But only because of Flext 35.

Relly wanted to stay with orange but they couldn't offer me anything. Still, got my C600 unlocked and its working ok so far.

Don't know about T-Mobile service though. Called up to give them my PAC number, went through the automated messages and after selecting my problem was told that they were busy and got cut off automatically. Would never happen on Orange. Even better, called them at night, and they were shut! Its like going back in time with no Sunday shopping.

Still the price is right. And if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Guest chucky.egg

I had that too.

Not happy at the time, but I was only after non-critical info so I wasn't too bothered.

Not sure how happy I'd be if my phone was dead, but then TBH there was never much point in calling Orange about that sort of thing anyway - their answer was (understandably perhaps) always to do a Hard Reset.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Win2Kuser

Better add me to the list of Orange users looking for a new home.

I've just had a long angry argument with some CSR that hardly spoke a word of english (Indian I think).

My Wife deals with the bills, but I happened to notice an Orange bill lying around that had another account on it that I was paying for. It turns out that it was last years contract that was cancelled in August'05.

They have cancelled it again, but refuse to pay the money back as "It's my fault that it was not cancelled".

I'm taking the matter further, but in the mean time, my contract runs out in August, and I'll be outa there.

We have 2 phones here, a SPV M500 for me, and Wifey has a little Nokia thing. We hardly use the phones, but each month our bill is something like

Guest chucky.egg
"Theres no market for it"

Did they really say that?

I know the T-Mobile deal had a big effect, but the Wizard must surely be one of the fastest selling PPCPE devices ever!

Guest pd.ryder
"Theres no market for it"

That's why the Wizard (Vario incarnation anyway) was as rare as rocking-horse-poo not so long ago, and I guess it'll be the same with the Hermes (eventually) :)

Guest corinthian

Started with Virgin 7 years ago, still cheaper than everybody else (yes, even easymobile) for what I use.

On PAYG I normally use about

Guest chucky.egg
All I use is texts and around 20 calls a year to the wife when I'm away from home.

"Tell me again how these irons work"

:)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Finally called Orange for my PAC today, paid off the remainder of my contract... and am a very happy FlexT 35 + WnW user, just can't believe how good value the tariff is.

Combined with a 3G Data Card bought on eBay and a SIM only + WnW, i'm a very very happy camper!

P

Guest elhornet

This is so odd. My friend recently made some noise about leaving orange, to which they offered him cash + a new handset to stay.

When I spoke to them they didn't care either way.

Waiting for the Vario 2, then I'm out too.

Guest sporkguy
Well done sporky ;)

Does this mean you'll be able to get me a T-Mobile contract now?? :)

Give me time to settle-in and I'll see what I can arrange :)

(p.s. it was your fault Orange found me in the first place!)

Guest chrisbpr

been with o since 95 & went to tmob in november of last year as i had just upgraded in shop with o but the hand set was rubbish & o didn't want to know.

cancelled my contract tonight with o as i have 4 months to run & the lady asked me why , i gave my reasons & they disconnected me there & then ,no waiting tilll my next billing period.

is it any wonder people are leaving when its quite clear that o don't give a stuff.

the future is bright..the future is tmob !!!!!!