Who's left Orange for T-Mobile?

Guest chucky.egg

Guest pd.ryder
Well, now Orange will be gone in no time and fused with T-mobile, I "had" to switch. But had a great offer from T-Mobile

Mmm, what is going on in foreign climes??

:)

Guest deadphill

I was a loyal orange user right from the first time I ever had a contract phone and got a free 3210 on an everyday 50 tariff! I stayed with them because I was so impressed with their customer service.

I stayed with them until the N-gage came out because it looked like a cool phone until I realised I had to use it like a taco strapped to the side of my head and the fact it wasn't very good. I had to move to o2 for that phone but because they didn't send me a game that was promised I left, as it was in their terms, and came back to orange and got my very first windows mobile phone, a spv e200. After the first year the fun began.

I tried to get an upgrade to the m2000, and it took orange FOREVER to get this out to the public, even though I was willing to pay for it. It took a while and with the good people on here someone a bit higher up in orange apologised and gave me the handset for free. So I had a good year of using it (but not for data!) and then managed to get an o2 exec when they majorly balzed up and mispriced the phone. With that tariff I had an incredible 5mb of data a month!

In between I then sold my old e200 and m2000 and bought a c500 on payg. So at this point I was swapping my o sim between the two handsets depending on where I was going etc, and my work bought us all c500's about 2 months after buying mine. So that went back on ebay and I was using two mobiles swapping sims as necessary.

The new m3100 came out and they wanted me to pay an astronomical fee, and wouldn't do any data packages, and then I heard on here that T had started to do data packages. So this combined with ever declining customer service (which from being the best went very much to the point I was shouting at O) I went to t-mobile. Never looked back since.

I even get half price line rental now as my fiancée used to work for T and gets half price line rental and had a "spare line" I could port to! (it was spare because it was cheap and effectively gave her a very very cheap free phone every 12 months in addition to her main phone.

Stupid thing about that was I wasn't allowed to move my phone no directly across. I had to change to virgin and back again!

Dont think I will ever leave t-mobile now due to the half price line rental, not unless they manage to really cock it all up. From being on one2one as my first ever phone and their customer service leaving a lot to be desired and now t-mobile are arguably the best operator out there I would say they are just going from strength to strength. Im very happy with them.

( no I dont work for them but if anyone on here does and wants to give me another phone, please feel free!!!! :) )

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone to Orange - given my 30 notice now - and they guy fully understands and tells me that although it is no good to me, they have only just had an internal newsletter saying that the data tariffs are being reviewed against the competition. He said himself that this was very much overdue and that when he left there he would be doingt he same as me (playing off teh networks for a good deal)

Shame as have been with Orange for 10 years.

They do this regularly - they just never do anything about it!

Thats what I said the to retentions guy.

It was all very pleasant - I was not trying to bargain a better deal out of him and he fully understood why I was going and we both understood that there was nothing available to him to offer me that would come close to keeping me.

Oh well. C'mon O2 and Vodafone, fight for my custom!

• 1 month later...
Thats what I said the to retentions guy.

It was all very pleasant - I was not trying to bargain a better deal out of him and he fully understood why I was going and we both understood that there was nothing available to him to offer me that would come close to keeping me.

Oh well. C'mon O2 and Vodafone, fight for my custom!

Forget about O2 unless you want unlimited mobile dial-up internet! :D T-Mob are the only players at the moment with the mobile data - O2, Voda and O must have lost a load of custom over this.

Guest chucky.egg

I've got Voda's £7.50 for 120Mb data deal, which suits me fine for now.

It's not as "good" as T's deal, but I never exceed about 50Mb anyway, so in practice it makes no difference.

I was reluctant to leave T after they introduced the 1Gb deal, but I think they are over-subscribed now and I had way too many connectivity issues. I've had none of that with Voda

Guest Confucious
I was reluctant to leave T after they introduced the 1Gb deal, but I t

think they are over-subscribed now and I had way too many connectivity issues. I've had none of that with Voda

I've never had any problems connecting wit T! Must vary by area I suppose.

Guest mstephenson

I switched from Orange to T-Mob about 9 months ago and it's one of the best things i've ever done. Can't think of one single area that Orange is better in

• 3 months later...
Guest sabofx

About 4 months ago, in the Netherlands (Holland) T-Mobile bought Orange. All mobile cutomers will soon be moved to the T-Mobile platform :D

Guest pd.ryder
What do you mean? They've just introduced the 'Camel' - I mean, what more could they possibly do?

Hmmm, camels eh?

What have they introduced this 'ere camel to, exactly? Perhaps the panther, so we'll get a camther. Or maybe the dolphin to get a domel. I did check out their website, but no sign of a camel or any hidious chimera-like offspring.

Seriously, what's the camel all about?

:D

• 3 months later...
Guest psionandy
God only knows, but it's on their web site.

I left T-Mobile for 02 (only because the o2 store was 150 yards closer than orange/vodafone/3)

It was because they put me on a new temporary discount and required me to make a request under the data protection act (and pay £10) to confirm what it was!

Guest chilledatthebottom

Well I left Orange to go with T-Mobile for their MDA Vario III....Then Apple did a marvellous thing... release the iPhone 3G with it's awesome capacitive touchscreen. My Vario III hasn't seen the light of day since. (Yes yes, it doesn't to MMS or Copy/Paste, for me, it was a real touchscreen offering that sold it to me...it simply works, as does the screen flipping instantly between portrait/landscape. Last time I opened the keyboard up on the V3, it was a good 2-3 seconds before the screen caught up)

• 1 month later...

I just prefer the T Mobile Flext price plan, it's really flexible and well worth it - never go over my allowance anymore yay...

I'm due for an upgrade and really fancy switching to an HTC Touch Diamond (http://www.mypocketpcmobile.com/FullReview...47/Default.aspx) but need to find out if they're available on T Mobile...does anyone know?

Thanks,

Jay

I just prefer the T Mobile Flext price plan, it's really flexible and well worth it - never go over my allowance anymore...

I'm due for an upgrade and really fancy switching to an HTC Touch Diamond (http://www.mypocketpcmobile.com/FullReview...47/Default.aspx) but need to find out if they're available on T Mobile...does anyone know?

Thanks,

Jay

Guest Confucious

Have you not read the Touch Diamond Forum? It's the T-Mob Vario Compact IV

I didn't upgrade my phone at the end of my contract as I buy what I want off fleabay - so I just got a discount and for the past year I have not had to pay mor than £21/month - not bad for Flext35 and W'n'W Plus.

Edited by Confucious

Guest RobertCeuppens
I just prefer the T Mobile Flext price plan, it's really flexible and well worth it - never go over my allowance anymore yay...

Thanks,

Jay

The Compact IV is the Diamond on T Mobile - it's in a slightly different shaped housing but the same inside.

Rob